What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
So with jt, Morgan, tmm and carney we have 4 rep halves at the club. 5 if you count Asiata.

Remember the days when we only had 1 + rovelli

Stagger eel

Staff member
Surely people have to start asking questions about the Cowboys salary cap some time soon?

Like... I know that Carney would be asking for next to nothing but that team is already chock full of talent and we know that the Likes of Taumololo and Morgan are on some of the biggest contracts in the league...

1 thing that hasn't been acknowledged with the cowboys is that they have the most powerful Chairman in the comp, yes even more powerful than uncle Nick...

beave

Coach
Surely people have to start asking questions about the Cowboys salary cap some time soon?

Like... I know that Carney would be asking for next to nothing but that team is already chock full of talent and we know that the Likes of Taumololo and Morgan are on some of the biggest contracts in the league...

Morgan isn’t on the bulk coin til next year mate.

Lolo’s big contract started this year from memory so with the signifigant rise in salary cap this year, as someone with NFI to the inner workings obviously, but I wouldn’t think we’re legit over. We lost a couple of lower tier guys (Spina, Kaufusi, Shaun Hudson) and I’d imagine Ponga would have been on relatively decent money considering his inexperience in FG.

We signed Maclean and Molo so it’s not like we went on a huge spending spree like Easts or Newy.

I think you’ll see some movement out of the NQ club next year though mate. Coote won’t stay and maybe a couple of others that could go elsewhere for better coin.

beave

Coach
1 thing that hasn't been acknowledged with the cowboys is that they have the most powerful Chairman in the comp, yes even more powerful than uncle Nick...

Bullshit mate.

Lancini is wealthy but doesn’t have the pulling power uncle Nick does.

beave

Coach
Ha, hit a nerve, please.

If we were/are over, then throw the book at the club. You won’t find me defending them if they cheat.

But you know. You gotta cheat first to get done for cheating......

Please do tell why you think we would be over the cap?

We have a huge nursery of kids in NQ, and whilst it took a while for the club to actually take advantage of this, you are now seeing the reason why we have a club in NQ.

The players that are locals could have probably left for more money but being near your friends and family and a cheaper cost of living are some huge positives for them to stay for less.

Ha, hit a nerve, please.

If we were/are over, then throw the book at the club. You won’t find me defending them if they cheat.

But you know. You gotta cheat first to get done for cheating......

Please do tell why you think we would be over the cap?

We have a huge nursery of kids in NQ, and whilst it took a while for the club to actually take advantage of this, you are now seeing the reason why we have a club in NQ.

The players that are locals could have probably left for more money but being near your friends and family and a cheaper cost of living are some huge positives for them to stay for less.

beave, I would not waste my breath on him mate. PH has a closed mind and things like facts won't alter his beliefs.

Travitoh

First Grade
Outside of the obvious big earners at NQ, there are a lot of good jobbers in the team who wouldn't demand huge coin at all.

Would Carney play FB for the Cows?

elyod138

Bench
Outside of the obvious big earners at NQ, there are a lot of good jobbers in the team who wouldn't demand huge coin at all.

Would Carney play FB for the Cows?
He'd be depth in case of injuries I think.

TMM should be ahead of him in the halves. I'd prefer giving Carlin Anderson a run before Carney at fullback too, he could potentially replace Coote long term if he fires.