What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW to Roosters

Rabbits20

Immortal
And there is the real issue out there my fellow dragons supporters that all other clubs supporters and media commentators who have no affiliation with the dragons are more than happy to say that the dragons have no history pre 1999. I'll say it again for the record I am content with our merger BUT it has eradicated all St George Dragons history! And Illawarra history. That's insane. I hope the club is hearing and seeing this forum and goes about setting the record straight?
Particularly with the media and the historical records. The club needs to confront the NRL and resolve this matter which we are all passionately supporting.. E.g. St George Illawarra have won 16 comps etc.
Correct and therefore it's not 16 prems......

SaintPauli

Juniors
Great post. I can guarantee you and everyone else that all of us St George fans that supported us before 99 feel that we still support St George. We didn't all just start supporting a new club in 99. As I previously mentioned, we are still St George, we kept our famous Jersey, we are still the Dragons and we still have exactly the same emblem that we did before the joint venture, except the word Illawarra was added to the emblem. Illawarra effectively lost their identity in the Joint Venture.

Personally I would like us drop the Illawarra from our identity and go back to being St George Dragons. If I was a billionaire, I would by us and we would go back to being just St George Dragons, with a state of the art home ground at Kogarah, or a new 40 000 plus stadium built in the St George area. I would also support the funding for Illawarra Steelers to have their owe team back with Woolongong as their home ground.

I will also add that when the joint venture happened, the NRL said that there would be no more than 14 teams in the comp. We should be saying that before any more teams are added, that we want to dissolve the Joint Venture and go back to being 2 separate clubs, like we used to be. If I bought us I would gladly pay back the measly 6 million dollars that the NRL offered us to merge.
Precisely Frank Facer. The Roosters have only survived on money and roarts alone. They actually have the smallest local junior comp in NRL

Rabbits20

Immortal
My point precisley! I.e. other clubs fans spinning crap to their own jealous agendas. Guess what mr Rabbits. The Dragons have more immortals than the rabbits and YES we are very proud of our history which I will do my best to have it reinstated.
I didn't come here to troll you guys at all...

Why the attitude all of a sudden??? You want an argument??

Sorry but I don't think it'll be reinstated!

Drag Queen

Bench

Don't be too perturbed, I don't see you as a troll as you make some good points. Just have to put up with some bitchy old men on this forum:heart_eyes:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't be too perturbed, I don't see you as a troll as you make some good points. Just have to put up with some bitchy old men on this forum:heart_eyes:
Well they should be happy last night!

You guys will be there abouts just around the top 4....

SaintPauli

Juniors

If you respect our great club and our great history you will not find any reactions.
Key word RESPECT!

denis preston

First Grade
Great post. I can guarantee you and everyone else that all of us St George fans that supported us before 99 feel that we still support St George. We didn't all just start supporting a new club in 99. As I previously mentioned, we are still St George, we kept our famous Jersey, we are still the Dragons and we still have exactly the same emblem that we did before the joint venture, except the word Illawarra was added to the emblem. Illawarra effectively lost their identity in the Joint Venture.

Personally I would like us drop the Illawarra from our identity and go back to being St George Dragons. If I was a billionaire, I would by us and we would go back to being just St George Dragons, with a state of the art home ground at Kogarah, or a new 40 000 plus stadium built in the St George area. I would also support the funding for Illawarra Steelers to have their owe team back with Woolongong as their home ground.

I will also add that when the joint venture happened, the NRL said that there would be no more than 14 teams in the comp. We should be saying that before any more teams are added, that we want to dissolve the Joint Venture and go back to being 2 separate clubs, like we used to be. If I bought us I would gladly pay back the measly 6 million dollars that the NRL offered us to merge.

Oh Frank !! 40K stadiums, Steelers back ??? If Dragons became stand alone it definitely would be one more Sydney club and then the NRL would relocate us to Perth.You may be happy for this to happen but I would not.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Oh Frank !! 40K stadiums, Steelers back ??? If Dragons became stand alone it definitely would be one more Sydney club and then the NRL would relocate us to Perth.You may be happy for this to happen but I would not.
If I was a billionaire and bought us and got back to a stand alone St George Dragons, there is no way we would be relocating to Perth or anywhere else for that matter.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The only thing protecting us from the relocation crap is we already have gone down the road of JV.
Politis is protecting Easts from relocation, Packer and co are protecting Souths. If I was a billionaire, I would be protecting us from relocating. Hopefully I become a billionaire pretty soon.

As I previously said, when we merged (Joint Venture), it was under the understanding that there would be no more than 14 teams in the comp.

I would be relocating Canterbury or Cronulla. Canterbury can be relocated to Canterbury Christchurch and Cronulla can be relocated to Adelaide, they do have a lot of sharks off SA.

Last edited:

WardyRedV

Juniors
And there is the real issue out there my fellow dragons supporters that all other clubs supporters and media commentators who have no affiliation with the dragons are more than happy to say that the dragons have no history pre 1999. I'll say it again for the record I am content with our merger BUT it has eradicated all St George Dragons history! And Illawarra history. That's insane. I hope the club is hearing and seeing this forum and goes about setting the record straight?
Particularly with the media and the historical records. The club needs to confront the NRL and resolve this matter which we are all passionately supporting.. E.g. St George Illawarra have won 16 comps etc.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the Dragons official website states that we have won 16. It also say we have a long history dating back to our inception, including 11 straight premiership wins. Don’t think our history has been eradicated at all.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but the Dragons official website states that we have won 16. It also say we have a long history dating back to our inception, including 11 straight premiership wins. Don’t think our history has been eradicated at all.
Perhaps the nrl and dragons should set the media straight particularly very big players foxtel who show us winning 1 comp only. Wikipedia are probably referencing foxfels website.

possm

Coach
SBW will go to where the money is. We have a reported 900k just sitting there and are having trouble on our left edge. Sign SBW before the June cut off. With Frizell, JDB and SBW as our run on backrow, we will be the heavy weights of the competition.

Frank Facer

First Grade
SBW will go to where the money is. We have a reported 900k just sitting there and are having trouble on our left edge. Sign SBW before the June cut off. With Frizell, JDB and SBW as our run on backrow, we will be the heavy weights of the competition.
I agree, but it won't happen.

ALSGI

Bench
Possm, who reported we have $900k just sitting there?
I doubt that very much.

merahputih

Juniors
Last Friday SMH reported rumors that Nick Politis will pull the pin at the end of this season, marking the exit of two of the longest serving CEO's in the NRL (with Doust). Candidates for his replacement include David Gyngell ex Channel 9 boss, and Mark Bouris a prominent business figure & CEO of Wizard Home Loans. This is the caliber of executive that the Rorters aim for, not Old Boys Club ex players and hangers on. Apparently there is a running joke doing the rounds that the Roosters have a "Salary Sombrero", not a Cap like other clubs after the signing of Cronk, Crichton & Tedesco. I think the reality is that they are astute enough to massage the existing rules on TPA's to their advantage and had a figure like Politis who could sell a deal to any player they wanted.

Latest posts