What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK I'll say it

giboz71

First Grade
A 2 year deal for Graham is perfect. He’s still got 2 good years in him as a forward even if he is getting on. But it’s the intangibles he brings that is priceless.

We’ve lacked leadership for so many years. Creagh and Widdop were not real leaders IMO that the team would follow with the game on the line.

Graham gives that to us.

KiamaSaint

Coach
When was the last time that we had anyone who was vocal, could lead by exampler and played with some passion. This is what a captain should do. And something we lack and have lacked for years. The only player who springs to mind that had any form of passion is Lance Thompson.
Jeremy Smith.

As for the original question, let me put it this way. When Graham came back on in the second half I felt confident we would win. That is what he gives a team.

SEAT 1A

Bench

nrl_dragons Verified
Follow

28436023_178987969386045_1864455254632824832_n.jpg

nrl_dragons Verified

3,457 posts · 66.6k followers

Belta

Juniors
Uplifting said; "You can't give him credit for the younger guys effort. That's just wrong. "

Interesting. Would you say Wally Lewis had no affect on the Queensland side when he walked onto the field. Not making any comparisons between the two just a comment about how certain players apparently inspire a team to perform better.

What I do know is that last year we lost games we should never have lost. One game we were winning by 20 with 20 minutes to go. We subsequently missed the 8 falling one game short.

I wouldn't rule out the effect certain players can bring. We should not expect a miracle just a bit more pride in their performances will do me

Datramp

Juniors
Lol politically correct or not when he was toe to toe with Thaiday all I could think was

'Careful Sam remember what happened last time your people fought the English'

Thought he had a good game and led with effort/example

epDragon62

First Grade
LAM was exceptional last night and I love this dude. JG has such a positive impact and Latimore even did what I expected of him.

I look forward to Kerr and Lawrie build into top props and I think LL's short stint was fine, he needs to build confidence that he belongs in the 1st team IMO.

I noticed an immediate positive impact when Mann came on too. There was speed in our activity and that right side seemed to threaten. We need Mann to get more game time and I'm thinking it will end up being on the left side. Lafai wasn't as bad as some people are saying but we aren't quite right at the moment. Nene may be the one to move aside with Lomax getting the bench spot in lieu of Mann...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Graham is an upgrade to Packer imo. His leadership is the only think missing in the Dragons pack. LAM was great and added some polish to his game which I think is due to Graham.

Plus I like how he stood up to the Bronco's when they did the dirty $hit. I dare Willie Mason call the Dragons pack soft now.....

Carlton

Juniors
Its the passion and desire to win that Graham brings which is impressive. He is quite often involved in multiple tackles in a set, in both attack and defence. At one stage last night he made four tackles in the set in a row, on another occasion he forced a drop ball with his pressure and then almost regathered it, watch the chase from the kickoff and see who was leading the team, he knew not to back down and let Thaiday get on top, he copped a bit of a belting early on and yet kept going. Its the attitude he brings to the team and the fact he earns the right to be dirty if a team is not putting in.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
JG is not just a prop. He's not just bash and barge and yeah he'a not as spritely aa he was a couple of years ago. However, what people tend to overlook or simply ignore is the 1%'s he does on the field. He will chase, he will lead the pack, he will be in the oppositions face and he will inspire the team as well as the crowd. He will take some time to adjust to the Dragons life after being ruined for so long at the Dogs. But given his impact on and off the field I'm sure he will become a Dragons favourite long into his tenure here.

TruSaint

Referee
My apologies if its been mentioned in this thread.

There was a set the Broncos had i think early/mid second half where they were struggling to make any metres. James Graham i believe made 3 or 4 tackles in a row. Tackle, get up chase and tackle again.

That was a pivotal moment in the game. He lifted the whole team,

When things got heated.. who faced up to the Broncos pack ? Graham did. He frustrated the shite of out them.

When on the field he was calling and instructing players, when we scored he was passionate.He is a "team " man.

I referred once to the farce that we saw when Willie Mason was miked up for a game against us a few years back, where he sledged us, on open mike, ridiculed our pack, and not a word from our boys. Not having a go at the lads, they kept their composure. But sometimes, and moreso often you need an enforcer who gets in their face and takes no crap.

Our pack with Paul / JDB / Tyson etc are top notch. Was has been missing is the in the your face, non-apologetic mongrel that gives as well as he takes, and that rubs off on the team.

I thought he was terrific.

Special mention to the most underated prop in the the NRL. LAM, is a workhorse. his post contact metres are something to admire.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

There was a set the Broncos had i think early/mid second half where they were struggling to make any metres. James Graham i believe made 3 or 4 tackles in a row. Tackle, get up chase and tackle again.

When things got heated.. who faced up to the Broncos pack ? Graham did. He frustrated the shite of out them.

When on the field he was calling and instructing players, when we scored he was passionate.He is a "team " man.

I referred once to the farce that we saw when Willie Mason was miked up for a game against us a few years back, where he sledged us, on open mike, ridiculed our pack, and not a word from our boys. Not having a go at the lads, they kept their composure. But sometimes, and moreso often you need an enforcer who gets in their face and takes no crap.

Our pack with Paul / JDB / Tyson etc are top notch. Was has been missing is the in the your face, non-apologetic mongrel that gives as well as he takes, and that rubs off on the team.

Special mention to the most underated prop in the the NRL. LAM, is a workhorse. his post contact metres are something to admire.

Spot on assessment there, TruSaint.

As soon as l heard Graham was coming over to us, I knew he would feel a lot of voids.
Truth is, Widdop should be pleased as punch.
He now has a leader in Graham and another kicker and playmaker in Hunt.
Widdop should have a unbelievable season............. he has the team he wants!
Sorry, that was McGregor.

SBD82

Coach

Great post.