What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
He was absolutely superb last night. Best player on the field in the first half. His passing service was impeccable, his running game was dangerous and at times essential, he even had a kick, and all on top of his usual rock solid hard-working defence. Kudos McInnes

Let's not get carried away here.

Yes, McInnes played exceptionally well...I could scarcely believe my eyes...for the first 40 minutes.

Then, he was serviceable in the second half.

It was a reflection of 2017.

Nothing more or less.

Remember, he wasn't up a Damian Cook standard opposite player last night.

Belta

Juniors
Saint_JimmyG said; "Let's not get carried away here..."

I can see where you are coming from as its only early days and we will face tougher opponents but I feel Its only fair to acknowledge how well he played. I agree with grouch in that it was a superb performance last night by McInnes. He was not alone but yeah he definitely played well. You can see he's been working on his weaknesses ie his running and kicking so it's hard not to be impressed. Can he continue to improve this area of his game:medal:

jak

Bench
LOL, Drag i think you know what i meant. This is not just about Mary, but all coaches. I think there is a good argument that any part of a contract that would include such terms as a " finishing spot" may be deemed as unfair and subject to scrutiny under unfair dismissal laws.

EG, Politis tells the Chooks coach, " top 4 or your gone". The coach then loses 2-3 key players through no fault of his own ( injury ). They end up 7th. Should he be sacked ?

Not defending Mary, as i think the extension was premature. As it was with Price.
please stop making sense on this forum.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I mentioned last year hes usually the first one into a tackle and takes the big opposition forwards head on on most occassions....hopefully this year he backs off a little bit, keeps some petrol in the tank and does more darts from dummy half, particulary when the oppostion bigger blokes are getting tired .....if you look at Smith from the Storm hes more cunning hes usually the last bloke in to the tackle and thats only to get himself tangled up to slow down the play the ball..personaly I think McInnes is going to have a big year.....IF he plays it smart

Life's Good

Coach
I thought McInnes looked sharp and showed he does have a running game(not in the vein of Cook or Lichaa at the back end of last year, but serviceable nonetheless).
It’s pretty clear that the plan is for him to play 80 minutes which is a massive workload when you consider his defensive output. Every now & again I’d like to see him shift a bit wider in defence for a breather so he keeps a bit up his sleeve in attack. Hopefully this is on the radar for match planning as the season wears on.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
McInnes will play Origin if he plays every round like he did on Thursday night. He poops all over Peats that's for sure.

ALSGI

Bench
He showed me something that I didn't know he had and that was speed off the mark . he needs to be doing this when he See's something .... It adds another level to our attack ....
It was good to see alright, looked sharp and great metres, hopefully he can repeat this and have first receiver follow him through for an offload or quick play the ball.

gonz

Juniors
Let's not get carried away here.

Yes, McInnes played exceptionally well...I could scarcely believe my eyes...for the first 40 minutes.

Then, he was serviceable in the second half.

It was a reflection of 2017.

Nothing more or less.

Remember, he wasn't up a Damian Cook standard opposite player last night.
Yep ran 1st half the. Stopped !

I wonder if super coach told him to stop running

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yep ran 1st half the. Stopped !

I wonder if super coach told him to stop running

He was most likely buggered.

Again, the absence of a contingency hooker is palpable. It's a weakness that McGregor/Millward have failed to address.

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
Good to see him run.

Eventually would be good to see him link with others a bit wide of the ruck and become like an extra half.

This is what makes guys like Smith and Friend so much better than other hookers. They play almost like 3rd halves.

Bench
In 2016 McInness used the running Game in a few matches and from memory scored a couple of tries.
Our 6 7 and 9 are going to be a formidable combination in their own right.
Then we have our forward Pac and Dufty.
There is room for improvement with our wingers and one center, Lafaii.
I am a big fan of both Kafaii and Aitkin. If they Fire we will be in for a great year.
Nighty still has the smarts and that tap he took resulted in a long run.
All is positive for this year. Just hope McIdiot learns how to use his bench

Gareth67

First Grade
I am a bit slow getting to the man that also had a great game for the Dragons on Thursday night however , Cameron McInnes . The blokes dummy half running caught the broncos defence out on a number of occasions.

He seemed to be a new player entirely , if he can continue in this way for the rest of the season then there will be plenty of gaps opening in oppositions defences - hope the rest of the team follow behind him like a dog chasing a butchers van that has the back door open !

denis preston

First Grade
I am a bit slow getting to the man that also had a great game for the Dragons on Thursday night however , Cameron McInnes . The blokes dummy half running caught the broncos defence out on a number of occasions.

He seemed to be a new player entirely , if he can continue in this way for the rest of the season then there will be plenty of gaps opening in oppositions defences - hope the rest of the team follow behind him like a dog chasing a butchers van that has the back door open !
Dont know if he is a new player , always been strong in my opinion but certainly Hunt and Widdorp at first receiver has given him more room.