What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V Eels

Doomednow

Bench
I'm on the other side of the world so probably won't make the match but ill be up illegally streaming it.

mxlegend99

Referee
This will be an interesting place to be come the end of the game.

I’m predicting the usual suspects to be either:

A) We won, sack Griffin.
B) We lost, sack Griffin.
One game changes nothing.

So ofcourse people who wanted him sacked would still want him sacked. Although if we play like we did in the trials I expect the bandwagon to have him sacked will grow.

pandas

Juniors
I'd love for the boys to silence the critics with a strong win today. I know Parra are a good team that are well coached and will be hard to beat though. But a little faith can take us a long long way

Exsilium

First Grade
After watching every game so far I am certain this will be the strongest competition we’ve had in some time.

Points were flowing across the board and the teams with mobile packs appeared to fair better than the monster packs.

Referees also picking up on the offside plays which helps immensely. Timing has always been our sore point and with the defence having to set properly I believe we will create more time for Blake and Peachey/Whare.

I also think we are going to see the best of Yeo this year. With quality halves who both take the line on you’ll see defensive structures aiming at Yeo/Kikau/CHN and missing the half or the defence hitting the half but missing the decoy. Cleary’s short ball will be the key play today.

After watching every game so far I am certain this will be the strongest competition we’ve had in some time.

Points were flowing across the board and the teams with mobile packs appeared to fair better than the monster packs.

Referees also picking up on the offside plays which helps immensely. Timing has always been our sore point and with the defence having to set properly I believe we will create more time for Blake and Peachey/Whare.

I also think we are going to see the best of Yeo this year. With quality halves who both take the line on you’ll see defensive structures aiming at Yeo/Kikau/CHN and missing the half or the defence hitting the half but missing the decoy. Cleary’s short ball will be the key play today.
Was throwing that short ball far too often towards the end of the year. CHN was getting belted, was very similar to poor old Clint Newton with Walsh's hospital passes.

kinghippo

Juniors
I'd love for the boys to silence the critics with a strong win today. I know Parra are a good team that are well coached and will be hard to beat though. But a little faith can take us a long long way
I think it will be close today but a good bubble bursting flogging to the eels would be very nice.
Unlikely but nice.
There have been some crazy results so far, it’s good to see all the teams competing hard.
I will be happy if we are solid and show some signs of being a better team than last year like a lot of the other teams have already done.

Abacus

Juniors
I thought it was wide open beforehand, the results just play that out. Certainly they are a strong reflection on preparation and mental readiness, no?
Certainly an indication of who is up for round 1. Do I expect the results from round 1 to be indicative of the rest of the season? No.