What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah . Not getting worked up at all? Think they are valid points which in your roundabout way you have agreed with! So perhaps you might acknowledge that the St George part of that merger is the most potent for recognition and familiarity for neutral and existing fans. Even the Illawarra part of this merger acknowledge that very clear market advantage. In a roundabout way you have begrudgingly accepted my point of familiarity and recognition and that makes me thankfull for small mercies. But in a roundabout way thanks for bagging my content and then agreeing with it to some extent.
I agree that clubs are going for classic looks - what I was disputing was your absurd proposition that clubs be somehow forced to wear one jersey for the opening month of the competition.

It's a stupid suggestion :shrug:♂️

Saint Doc

Coach
Thought all the jerseys looked great this round.

- Dragons vs Broncos...both jerseys on point
- Knights vs Manly... 10/10 both. Heritage jersey was a nice touch to usher in a (hopeful) return to success
- Cowboys vs Sharks...probably the one dud game. Cowboys was bad, although not as bad during the game as what it looks straight up. Sharks was ok. Just a bit visually dull.
- Tigers vs Roosters...both very good. Good contrast
- Souths vs Warriors, thought warriors jersey actually looked good. Nice matchup
- Storm vs Dogs: storm 10/10, Bulldogs looked a bit stupid but during the game the silly template wasn’t THAT noticeable
- Panthers vs Eels looked fantastic. The gold jerseys looked mint
- Raiders vs titans: again, titans didn’t look as bad in game mode. The contrast was excellent, very pleasing game on the eye

Overall an excellent round of jerseys

Stallion

First Grade
I agree that clubs are going for classic looks - what I was disputing was your absurd proposition that clubs be somehow forced to wear one jersey for the opening month of the competition.

It's a stupid suggestion :shrug:♂️

That's fine. I'll qualify that as wearing most of the season barring one or two theme rounds. Your reaction is over the top. Surely you get the gist of the idea. The wearing of the main jumper on a consistent basis gains better recognition and doesn't confuse fans as much. Thats it. Nothing more nothing less!

Stallion

First Grade
I agree that the ‘99-esque bolts in the V would be superb.

To me, that jersey does scream Melbourne storm and should be their fulltime home jersey.

Go wild with the away, 9’s, ANZAC, WIL, charity, Marvel, indigenious, but just settle for a mainstay for the home jersey. There’s enough chance to sell jerseys to those who like go wild every year as well as then having a constant home jersey.

You can actually have the best of both worlds.

That goes for all clubs.

I believe its counterproductive for fanbase loyalty and the universal recognition of a team's appearance. Maybe one or two feature jumpers in a season but that should be it. Way too many variations which confuses and pees off most existing fans and baffles new or potential new fans.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Why don't ladbrokes sponsor the juniour Rd on gc and piss off their logo .for the name of the players juniour club for one week

The socks don't mean anything if they don't tell you what teams they are ??

axl rose

Bench
Do the Titans do the junior sock thing more than any other team?
f**king annoys the f**k out of me, especially when their is no promotion beforehand to say what and why they are doing.

Nah, Tigers do it as well. And a blue sock charity week usually. Not a fan, id rather see them wear the badge of their junior club on the sleeve.

LineBall

Juniors
If it gets kids interested in playing for their local junior club it can't hurt

Well, unless they point out which clubs are represented by which socks, and then kids happen to be watching when they do this, and make the connection, then I would say it will have sweet FA impact on getting kids interested in playing League. More likely it has the effect of making the sport look second rate.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I missed most of last nights game but previously I know when Vossy has been calling he's pointed them out. Given some of the muppets Fox had calling games this weekend I'm not surprised if they didn't mention it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Nah, Tigers do it as well. And a blue sock charity week usually. Not a fan, id rather see them wear the badge of their junior club on the sleeve.

Do you really think the club gives THAT much of a shit?

Telling players to go scrounging through their draws for old socks is not the same as embroiding different badges on each players jumper.

You are asking them to jump from "totally half-assed" to "weeks of preparation". THis is the NRL, its not gonna happen...

axl rose

Bench
Do you really think the club gives THAT much of a shit?

Telling players to go scrounging through their draws for old socks is not the same as embroiding different badges on each players jumper.

You are asking them to jump from "totally half-assed" to "weeks of preparation". THis is the NRL, its not gonna happen...

If the Titans can do junior jester socks and the green socks for tree week then can work overtime and do a casper badge for the Don dammit! :D Up the Ghosts,

2864591_1_S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts