What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why dosent anyone rate US

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This is DINO 2170- It seems no one is talking or rating us. WHY IS THIS SO.

We have thrashed one of the IT teams of the comp and we sit first, YET no commentator is talking about us.

I heard them say it was a lacklustre performance on behalf of Brisbane and sure they did talk about us on Friday BUT nothing since then. WHY???????????

By the way if NIGHTENGALE isnt injured by that horrific try he scored ill call him rubber neck from now on.
why couldn't you use your old account dino?

Coffs dragon

Bench
If comps were won after 10 rounds we'd be up there as title contenders.

Unfortunately for us, we have a coach that hasn't yet realised the comp is a marathon not a 100 metre sprint.
Precisely and I also don't rate Christmas in July.....going off early for no reason!! McDipshit coach seems obsessed with 1st halves of the season & 1st halves of matches, claiming we would have run 2nd.
Where as in reality, our team get lapped entering the straight when the heat is on!

dragon thomo

Juniors
The reason we are not rated is that we have second grade centres and wingers. Thats being hard on nightingale only due to his age or lack of speed.
Oh yes I nearly forgot we also have 3rd rate Coach.

FlameThrower

Bench
Who gives a flying fig.
Most of these commentators have direct or indirect links to Clubs, some even are Board members who commentate on their own club. Frankly I’d rather we are not on the radar - Need a siege mentality and focus on our own backyard...

Old Timer

Coach
No idea mate. Based on how holmes went last week can only hope he is moved
I honestly believed and posted so that Duges would end up at FB with you guys.
I still believe that will be the case just a case of when and won't be surprised to see him there this week.
I think Moylan is well and truly rusted onto the 5/8 job for the time being.
Still don't quite understand the willingness to let Maloney go.

stryker

First Grade
We're still rubbish. Our maximum ceiling is bottom half of the eight. We're still six or seven players short of a squad that could challenge for a premiership, even with a proper coach. And we don't have a proper coach. No team with a Wests Tigers calibre plank like Latimore is ever going to get near a Grand Final.

We had a good win. Let's hope there are more of them to come. Let's hope we achieve that maximum ceiling and even scrape a play off win. But we're not going to win the comp and Easts, Melbourne, NQ, the Scum and even Brisbane when they get their act together will beat us if there are any real stakes to the game.
What a wingeing bastard. Get behind your team you pussy. They played well.

Crush

Coach
I predicted we would finish top 4.
I rate us. I believe that this is the year we finally power on deep into the finals.
Hunt will prove the difference. Hunt in combination with Dufty and Widdop will prove that the coach isn't the be all and end all.
The messiah is here.
Praise the Lord(Millward)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
This is DINO 2170- It seems no one is talking or rating us. WHY IS THIS SO.

We have thrashed one of the IT teams of the comp and we sit first, YET no commentator is talking about us.

I heard them say it was a lacklustre performance on behalf of Brisbane and sure they did talk about us on Friday BUT nothing since then. WHY???????????

By the way if NIGHTENGALE isnt injured by that horrific try he scored ill call him rubber neck from now on.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Whatever everybody else said AND- no depth- did you see the Intrust NSW performance against Mounties?-Leilua, Mary's great not so white hope, barely offered a wimper and our outside backs (Garrick and co) looked like boys playing against men. Field jumped around like a jack rabbit but his habit of running across field, linking up with his centres and then dummying is being read easily

SBD82

Coach
I predicted we would finish top 4.
I rate us. I believe that this is the year we finally power on deep into the finals.
Hunt will prove the difference. Hunt in combination with Dufty and Widdop will prove that the coach isn't the be all and end all.
The messiah is here.
Praise the Lord(Millward)
Your optimism is impressive Crush. Even if I don't quite share it.

My prediction is 6th. The improvements you've mentioned are the key I think for this team. We effectively started the season last year with one playmaker - at 6. Now we have a creative 6, 7 and 1.

Our forward pack is undoubtedly good, but forward work takes huge effort to maintain. If I was a forward playing last year working hard making good ground and space that was never capitalised on, I think I would have found it very disheartening, and struggled to maintain my effort.

If the creative players are doing what they're supposed to, I think our forwards are a better chance of maintaining the rage for the season.

Or I could just be being hopeful. Let's see what next week brings.

redVbull

Juniors
Who gives a flying fig.
Most of these commentators have direct or indirect links to Clubs, some even are Board members who commentate on their own club...

good point ... take Matty Johns' Fox show last night, his 3x co-panelists were Brett Finch (Roosters), Bryan Fletcher (Roosters) and Mitch Pearce (ex-Roosters). Enough said!

redVbull

Juniors
also IMO we aren't rated by commentators because seasons of inept performances under Price and McG, and nondescript management have devalued the Dragon's brand to an insignificance amongst the NRL audience ... unlike of course the high performing and well marketed sides like Storm, Broncos, Cowboys <insert a bunch of others>...

Why don't they rate us, the answer is simple, because they know more than most in this forum.
We have far too many people talking it up and demanding we be considered a threat all on the back of 1 or a couple of games.
In respect of Rd 1 it was good win, but if you remember they were already sticking it to Brisbane and Bennett, who supposedly lost the shed last year and they see the Bronco's as being on the slippery slope, so they will apportion little if any credit to anyone that beets them.
Let's see what they and also we have to say after we have played the Storm, Cowboys and Roosters and I might throw the Dogs into that mix as we have real issues trying to beet them.
If you don't mind me saying, after watching Penrith, Warriors and Parra - they all have the firepower to do us some damage.
For the life of me I cannot understand Latimore's selection over Kerr and Mann sitting on the bench for 74 minutes is just a travesty.
I still think we are marginal middle of the table this year with McGregor pulling the strings.

Latest posts