What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the Silence from the USARL?

1st & 10

Juniors
Sorry if I am behind here, but being an old Dragons man, is David Nui still involved with US league ?

Go tomahawks

Emu01

Juniors
Sorry if I am behind here, but being an old Dragons man, is David Nui still involved with US league ?

Go tomahawks

No he was with the old association. A few years ago another competition formed in USA which eventually became the stonger competition.

David Nui stuck solid with original competition but in the end all the players defected to the new Usarl. Leaving him with nothing.

deluded pom?

Coach
I believe Niu still tweets using AMNRL. His tweets rarely mention rugby league though from what I’ve seen.

clarency

Juniors
Sorry if I am behind here, but being an old Dragons man, is David Niu still involved with US league ?

Go tomahawks

Unfortunately for Niu it was a classic case of "live long enough to become the villain". People were unhappy with the lack of transparency, and how he was running the league. Niu wasn't receiving their concerns positively and ultimately several of the teams defected.

The new league (USARL) is a fairly democratic set up based in response to the AMNRL. The two leagues competed for a few seasons but the AMNRL went into gradual decline and now is defunct. The stronger teams moved to the USARL and Niu moved onto work in Arena Football and now is with Rugby 7s http://www.rugbytoday.com/7s/niu-tabbed-launch-super-7s-2018.

deluded pom?

Coach
I though I’d revisit this thread with an update on USARL clubs SM output for 2019. Having visited the USARL website and clicked on all team website, Facebook and Twitter links, when available, things are no better. With about a month until the season begins very few clubs have any updates on either their website (if they have one) or Facebook. A few teams have Twitter updates but they are in the minority. It’s like all clubs go into hibernation once the season ends until the eve of the next one.

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
I though I’d revisit this thread with an update on USARL clubs SM output for 2019. Having visited the USARL website and clicked on all team website, Facebook and Twitter links, when available, things are no better. With about a month until the season begins very few clubs have any updates on either their website (if they have one) or Facebook. A few teams have Twitter updates but they are in the minority. It’s like all clubs go into hibernation once the season ends until the eve of the next one.

Can't speak on behalf of the other clubs but we're beginning to kick into gear now. Reality has been we don't have the time we did four years ago. At 26 you've got time on your hands, in your 30s that time is divided between other priorities. A lot of our content will be so much more sponsor driven as bad as that sounds, the bigger season has seen much more planning go into sourcing advertising revenue. It's literally taken up most of the time we've had in the off season