What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

Brutus

Referee
I was there in 94 when the Raiders played at Brookie in front of 27K
those days are long gone
18K these days would be just about the absloute ceiling for safety reasons as much as anything else

I was talking 6 or 7 years ago though. Not 24 years ago. I am aware there were many 22k plus crowds in the 70's 80's and 90's. I think there was a 27k one against Parra as well.

OldPanther

Coach
Why can’t Penrith replicate that crowd? Their fans come out in droves once they sniff a bit of success

It’s not like the timeslot is terrible either

Me thinks 19-20k

There was a lot of Eels fans.

Take a few k off for them.

Also there was definitely 20k against the Eels. Western side and out the back was absolutely packed.

beave

Coach
Brisbane only single tickets available and the standing room ones underneath each big screen. If the weather holds out should be a cracking crowd.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
There was a lot of Eels fans.

Take a few k off for them.

Also there was definitely 20k against the Eels. Western side and out the back was absolutely packed.
Was thinking the same, thing most people especially those who had ga tickets would have remained in the shade. The only free grass visible was in the sunshine and on the family (non drinking) hill. Naturally most people of Penrith wouldn’t be adverse to a few bev-an Frenchs.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Those dividers they have at brookie for ohs has probably limited the amount of ga tickets they can sell, so I’d be surprised if they could ever fit more than 18,000 in. Correct me if I’m wrong seagull fans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For mine, R2 (completely uneducated guesses lol):

Sharks v Dragons 13k
Roosters v Bulldogs 12k
Broncos v Cowboys 41k
Warriors v Titans 15k
Panthers v Souths 14k
Storm v Tigers 19k
Manly v Eels 15k
Raiders v Knights 10k

Stallion

First Grade

Sharks v Dragons 13k
Roosters v Bulldogs 12k
Broncos v Cowboys 41k
Warriors v Titans 15k
Panthers v Souths 14k
Storm v Tigers 19k
Manly v Eels 15k
Raiders v Knights 10k

Conservative but probably on the money! Think Penrith game is low. Crossing fingers the rest are above your guesses.

Billythekid

First Grade

Sharks v Dragons 13k
Roosters v Bulldogs 12k
Broncos v Cowboys 41k
Warriors v Titans 15k
Panthers v Souths 14k
Storm v Tigers 19k
Manly v Eels 15k
Raiders v Knights 10k

I think most of these will be close to the money though I hope a few can draw a little higher than those predictions.

RL fans really are a soft bunch. I know Thursday is an average timeslot but you'd think fans could get out for a big rivalry like dragons v sharks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
RL fans really are a soft bunch.
Diehard RL fans aren't the soft ones - they're the ones who'll turn up on a Thursday for this game.

It's the families and casual fans that are put off by shit timeslots. The Dragons' good crowd last Thursday gives me hope but I'm not holding my breath.

Perth Red

Post Whore
For what it’s worth old Lemon was at Perth for the double-header and it is a cracking stadium, easy to get to, massive pub/restaurant on site... even though it’s primarly designed for cricket/afl the viewing from all areas we got to was still pretty banging.

But... have to say I was a little surprised with the crowd number, myself and my mates were guesstimating prior to it being announced and we all said around the 30k half-full sort of mark... the only explanation I could come up with was that we were in a suite on the Northern end with the opposite side of the ground being exposed to the sun, so possibly our side being shadier there were people just hanging around that side of the ground, which we couldn’t see? Not sure how it appeared on TV?

Still planning to go back for Origin next year.. with a full house that joint will be something special

Double header factor, not everyone was in their seats at one time. It holds 63k ish with the drop in seats so Id say 2/3rds full about right. Bottom two tiers were around 80% full and a reasonable smattering on the top tier.

Only minor complaint I have is lack of food and bars outside the ground, couldn't get in the big brewery and nothing else on offer pre game. Fortunately Crown are smart and set up pop up bars and food vans a few minutes walk away on the lawns of the river which was lovely. Obviously not many knew about them as it was very quiet whilst there was a massive que to get in brewery.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Sharks v Dragons 13k
Roosters v Bulldogs 12k
Broncos v Cowboys 41k
Warriors v Titans 15k
Panthers v Souths 14k
Storm v Tigers 19k
Manly v Eels 15k
Raiders v Knights 10k

Broncs v Cowboys is all but sold out

beave

Coach
All the standing room tickets are gone for Suncorp. The only ones left say ‘restricted viewing, behind glass’......... sounds like a great spot.......

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Can someone explain the benifit of the steep grandstands?

Also if ANZ gets re-done I for one will make more effort to go from the central coast. Will definitely try the new one at Parra.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can someone explain the benifit of the steep grandstands?

Also if ANZ gets re-done I for one will make more effort to go from the central coast. Will definitely try the new one at Parra.

It means if you are sat higher up that you are still close to the pitch. The steeper the rake the closer you remain to the action. In older stadiums like ANZ where pitch of stands is low you end up a long way from the sideline by time you move up to higher levels. It might not seem like much but makes a massive difference to the experience.

Latest posts