What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

carcharias

Immortal
Can someone explain the benifit of the steep grandstands?

Also if ANZ gets re-done I for one will make more effort to go from the central coast. Will definitely try the new one at Parra.

Well
Here is the argument.
If there are exactly the same amount of seats with the same leg room, seat size etc and you are in the last row.
Are you really any closer?
Or
Are you just higher in the air but still the same distance from the field?

Well
Here is the argument.
If there are exactly the same amount of seats with the same leg room, seat size etc and you are in the last row.
Are you really any closer?
Or
Are you just higher in the air but still the same distance from the field?

The viewing angle is improved.

Would you prefer to watch a television as close to straight on as possible or off to the side? Same principle, but even more important because if you’re on top of the action it allows you to see more of the unfolding play.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
The viewing angle is improved.

Would you prefer to watch a television as close to straight on as possible or off to the side? Same principle, but even more important because if you’re on top of the action it allows you to see more of the unfolding play.

So
If I stand on a ladder will my TV look better than if I take 3 steps backwards from it?

Pommy

Coach
So
If I stand on a ladder will my TV look better than if I take 3 steps backwards from it?

I think you maybe oversimplifying matters. I haven’t ever done the trig to prove it but I know EPL grounds are heaps better than ANZ or Allianz.

carcharias

Immortal
I think you maybe oversimplifying matters. I haven’t ever done the trig to prove it but I know EPL grounds are heaps better than ANZ or Allianz.

I imagine a higher view will cut out the problem of restricted views.

...but does it make you any closer?

If I hammer a nail in the ground and tie a Ten foot piece of string to it.
Is the other end of the string closer to nail when it’s laid out straight on the ground or up in the air directly above the nail?

:)

Pommy

Coach

Is the other end of the string closer to nail when it’s laid out straight on the ground or up in the air directly above the nail?

As I said I have never sat down and done the trig. It makes you feel closer that’s for sure.

AJB1102

First Grade

Stephen Hawking died today so I guess we'll never bloody know now!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah but I don’t even dispute that
I only asked are you actually any closer.

Your higher on the vertical but closer on the horizontal, so it feels like your still close to the sideline and looking down on the play rather than being distant from the play.

AJB1102

First Grade
If you simply multiply the angle of the 79th seat in bay 118 by how long it takes you got get a beer then divide that by the number of random Souffs jerseys you spot on the way its a pretty good indicator of view you're gonna get. Everyone knows that.

So the sharks are gonna plea to the league to have this game in the future always on a sunday
which is good sentiment. its the better timeslot for this game.

however, its not like the game snuck up out of the bushes ..we have known about this since November.

So...what did the club do to ensure a bigger crowd? given we KNOW that the Thursday games last year were bad for crowds
(if you averaged our three Thursday games at home last year the Av is 9320...which is poor)

a more proactive approach to these games is needed

Latest posts