What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nrlstats.com What happened?

some11

Referee
Fox Sports has their own stats:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/player
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/team

How shit is NRL.com now? If that is what $100m is going to get us then we are f**ked.
It's awful, there's nothing intuitive about it - the layout of the old site was ok it just needed a facelift. Having weekly match-ups at the top with links as you hover over them is a staple of any good sports website.

This is what you get when you try to cut costs by making a website cover both desktop and mobile.

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Can't watch vids on NRL.com with adblockers either. Who the f**k internets without adblockers?

Like I said go to the Nrl app and you have everything you need. If you want to find stats for a player use the player search bar on Nrl.com. It also says that they will be giving “more in-depth player stats to come in 2018”. Just calm your farm and stop whinging for the sake of it. Supercoach app, Nrl app, fantasy app all have enough stats to drown in.

I don't give a flying fart about supercoach, so you can frak that off right away.

You don't get it do you? Why should anyone have to download a frakkin app for something which they used to have on their website which required 0 apps to use? That is dumbing things down and not an improvement at all especially when the app is only available on mobile phones. Pity I use something more sophisticated called a COMPUTER.

As to whingeing, people in glass houses should not throw stones. Further you don't like it.... THEN DON'T READ OR COMMENT ON IT! As long as I follow the forums rules, I'll post what I like within that framework and comment accordingly.

Fangs

Coach
Probably just keeping stats on the app so you have to download it? The head of NRL technology (if that exists?) will have their own KPIs to meet.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
i've only just got into SC in the last couple of years...before that didn't give a rats, but would rely on nrl stats every game for checking individual stats simply because i was interested in them. it was simple and easy to navigate on one page. these days it's graphicfied and an absolute f**king mess to navigate through

siv

First Grade
I don't give a flying fart about supercoach, so you can frak that off right away.

You don't get it do you? Why should anyone have to download a frakkin app for something which they used to have on their website which required 0 apps to use? That is dumbing things down and not an improvement at all especially when the app is only available on mobile phones. Pity I use something more sophisticated called a COMPUTER.

As to whingeing, people in glass houses should not throw stones. Further you don't like it.... THEN DON'T READ OR COMMENT ON IT! As long as I follow the forums rules, I'll post what I like within that framework and comment accordingly.

Modern life - no one uses computers anymore

And if you do - they will design a web page that is so blouted that it cannot even start due to 1000000 ads and add ons

And thats before ant-virus and Microsoft starts its daily download 1 min after you login

Stormwarrior82

Juniors

I was more pointing out the fact that your are in the .5% minority that want all the stats for no other reason than just because. And that’s fine I have no problem with that. Complaining about stats not being there is just false because as I said in a earlier post you can search for any player stat you want. It’s just not as easy as before.

Lol look at you, using a highly sophisticated piece of technology called a computer. Lookout everyone we have a genius in the house! Again your prerogative to use a computer but most human beings would have there phone on or at least near them more than a computer. Just saying. It takes me less than 5 seconds to open my phone and get to the player stats on the Nrl app. Hardly physically demanding stuff if you want players stats so badly like it seems you do. I picture you sitting in the corner of a room rocking back and forth saying “I don’t like change”. It is not the end of the world.

And if you do - they will design a web page that is so blouted that it cannot even start due to 1000000 ads and add ons

And thats before ant-virus and Microsoft starts its daily download 1 min after you login

"No one uses computers anymore" eh? Really?! Could have fooled me and the 7.6 billion people on the planet, especially those who run websites. :rolleyes:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No one uses computers anymore LOL oh dear. That's a shocking take

Talk about whinging! You all need to get out more. The Nrl app has all the stats youd want so go there and the Nrl.com has most of the stats. Whinging for the sake of whinging in here!!

No, it isnt whinging when there so much more wrong than just the issue of stats.

It used to be the case that if you were someone wanting to follow this sport and if you were someone who wasn't in the geographic vicinity on match day then what would you do ? You would use the NRLs own website to access the game details, check the teamlists and other game day info, you would find out who is audio broadcasting and maybe then you would link on that so listen, and then you would listen and watch the game day stats being live updated.

In other words you were connected and would follow the game.

Suffice to say that none of that available as it was before. FFS, they dont even tell you who is radio broadcasting the game, let alone link it as they did before.

That is how badly they have gone backwards. So no...you might want to counter point and call it whinging. From anyone elses perspective, what should have been advancement is instead quite rightly denounced as an impediment.

Sorry mate I use one for work all day. When the time comes to look at stats for fantasy league or do trades I prefer a desktop over a small phone screen any day.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
LOL Rugby League stats

Only horse racing stats matter,i need to know how may times Wazn has run on a heavy track and how many times he's won over 3200m

Canard

Immortal
LOL Rugby League stats

Only horse racing stats matter,i need to know how may times Wazn has run on a heavy track and how many times he's won over 3200m

Not one of your best. 2/10.

Seriously they don't even show the draw or the results on the home page of NRL.com now (mobile version) you have to click through about four pages to get it.

Timmah

Staff member
Appears for me, beneath the headline stories. Agree it should be more prominent.

As for accessing the draw page literally clicking the menu button and choosing Draw

Alternatively go to leagueunlimited.com and it's across the top all the time :wink:
Screenshot_20180314-114438.png

Danish

Referee
The NRL's new website is certainly poo. I reckon anyone with moderate computer skills could whip it up on squarespace or any of the other free in a couple hours.

Appears for me, beneath the headline stories. Agree it should be more prominent.

As for accessing the draw page literally clicking the menu button and choosing Draw

It would nice if you could see the entire round's games and not have to click and drag to see sunday

siv

First Grade
No one uses computers anymore LOL oh dear. That's a shocking take

Thats ok

But the IT development world is passing the simple PC by

I dont agree with it - but its coming

And here on sites that are more read only its already a way of life

This year the NRL stopped supporting streaming on pcs

But away from work and creating documents - I already never use a PC when reading or surfing forums etc

Timmah

Staff member
Thats ok

But the IT development world is passing the simple PC by

I dont agree with it - but its coming

And here on sites that are more read only its already a way of life

This year the NRL stopped supporting streaming on pcs

But away from work and creating documents - I already never use a PC when reading or surfing forums etc
Nobody's denying that a lot more stuff is going mobile but to suggest desktop-format PC's (including notebooks etc) are passe is utterly ridiculous - the vast majority of businesses still utilise these (in either PC or Mac form) on some level.

As long as people are able to access websites from work, PC's will remain a thing for quite a while to come - yes in shrinking numbers, but nothing substantial for a while yet.

Latest posts