What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Euan Aitken

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I know, another post game thread. I'll let Muzby handle the banter on that.

So Euan looks pretty good eh? Defensive reads are much better too. Seems to be getting right under the ball with his shoulder and he's taken a few opposition players for a ride a couple of times. Running the ball very strong too, probably our only back (apart from Nene tonight) who is really ripping in.

What are our thoughts on him two rounds in? He's always been a gun, he just needed to work on a couple of things in his game. If he develops an offload, he could be looking at Origin in a few years time.

Saint or sinner

Juniors
The kid is a gun ..has huge potential and showed great speed ..great defensively very strong..had plenty of injuries last year with hammys and shoulder..will develop into a top centre ..still very young..

Dragsters

First Grade
I like the Boy and always have.....strong as an Ox!

He's going well, defensive reads are a mile better this year.
I couldn't believe he ran down that Sharks winger either.

But, yeah, a passing game might help.

Very strong runner, always loved that about him.

His defense last year was atrocious at times. Just could not seem to combine with Nene outside him.

He looks far more confident combining with flo this season.

At times they still get it wrong (rushing in) in but they work in tandem as opposed to last season.

Confidence is key and he seems to have it in spades right now.

Good luck to him...

watatank

Coach
Good to see him play well. Defence has benefited from keeping his position in the line and employing a more sustainable sliding defence, as opposed to the up and in defence which caused all sorts of problems.

Old Timer

Coach
Hunt is helping that RHS no end but still that tendency to run up out of the line.
Do that against the Storm or Cowboys and they will run at him all night and bag a few tries.
So far he has done well but fair to say, yet to come against a decent set of halves and that will surely test them.

SackMaryNow

Juniors
Playing so well, so strong. Has had form lapses in recent years, plus the injuries. Hope this is the year he really goes to the elite level - for him and for the team. Go Euan!

mickeylane

Bench
Always had a high opinion of him. This year could be his best. I just hope Lafai can improve.
Lafai not getting early ball like Aitken is getting.. I think Hunt and Widdop have summised that Aitken is a lot more dangerous w early ball than Lafai

mickeylane

Bench
Hunt is helping that RHS no end but still that tendency to run up out of the line.
Do that against the Storm or Cowboys and they will run at him all night and bag a few tries.
So far he has done well but fair to say, yet to come against a decent set of halves and that will surely test them.
I think the last 2 sets of halves have been very decent - there’s only 1-2 decent halves in the Comp and one of those sets are playing in our team .. so I wouldn’t be too worried