What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

benched bench

possm

Coach
The team is a winner and looks like continuing the early form we have seen in the past two seasons. This is despite some glaring flaws in team selections and bench maagment. I still believe we do not have good on-field leadership. I'd rather Graham as captain. Why did not we shoot for the extra two points at the end of the game tonight?

gaz_head

Juniors
The team is a winner and looks like continuing the early form we have seen in the past two seasons. This is despite some glaring flaws in team selections and bench maagment. I still believe we do not have good on-field leadership. I'd rather Graham as captain. Why did not we shoot for the extra two points at the end of the game tonight?
Graham does not need the C next to him name to be a leader. He leads by example anyway

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Possm.
I understand what your saying.
But they didn't go for the 2 points because it came from the coach to hang on to the ball.
Re Graham as captain.
When he came over to us .
He said that he did not want to be captain , he wanted to get his passion back.
He is the leader on the field and one of the leaders of it.

Morotti

Juniors
Think of it another way, if you throw leilua on simply so he has a run and he coats you the game, what does that do for his confidence.
Trent merrin in his debut never got on the field.
The kid is backing up and playing nsw cup and likely will again so he is coming along slow but steady.

We are 2 from 2 so let us enjoy that instead of picking up on every tiny thing we disagree with.

Crush

Coach
I'm not an expert in bench use but it sounds ridiculous to be given 17 players to work with then only use 15.5 of them.
Is it just me? If they aren't confident that Leiliua can come on when the game is in the balance then FFS find another player to take that bench position.

Dragsters

First Grade
I'm not an expert in bench use but it sounds ridiculous to be given 17 players to work with then only use 15.5 of them.
Is it just me? If they aren't confident that Leiliua can come on when the game is in the balance then FFS find another player to take that bench position.

Or bring him on earlier in the game like either side of half time where is skill can take advantage of tiring players perhaps...

Old Timer

Coach
Think of it another way, if you throw leilua on simply so he has a run and he coats you the game, what does that do for his confidence.
Trent merrin in his debut never got on the field.
The kid is backing up and playing nsw cup and likely will again so he is coming along slow but steady.

We are 2 from 2 so let us enjoy that instead of picking up on every tiny thing we disagree with.
The trouble is if you don't fix up the obvious when you are 2 - 2 then when we go 2 - 7 in the back end of the season it is all too late.
Last year showed how perilous our bench usage was early on (whilst many applauded how fit we were and wasn't it good we didn't use the entire bench, boot camp yeh yeh etc) it took its toll and we suffered a harsh penalty.
History should encourage us to fix our mistakes when given a 2nd chance rather than repeat them.
We are unfortunately very repetitive even in this forum.

The trouble is if you don't fix up the obvious when you are 2 - 2 then when we go 2 - 7 in the back end of the season it is all too late.
Last year showed how perilous our bench usage was early on (whilst many applauded how fit we were and wasn't it good we didn't use the entire bench, boot camp yeh yeh etc) it took its toll and we suffered a harsh penalty.
History should encourage us to fix our mistakes when given a 2nd chance rather than repeat them.
We are unfortunately very repetitive even in this forum.

I was just saying to a mate whose a Wobegong supporter the same thing.
I hope we don't make the same mistakes as last year with the "power game".
I really think we have the best pack in the game at the moment, let's not flog them to death like we did last year.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm getting sick of people questioning Widdop's captaincy. Yes, Graham is a leader but he's still new to the club and I'm unconvinced he's entirely happy with his surroundings.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm getting sick of people questioning Widdop's captaincy. Yes, Graham is a leader but he's still new to the club and I'm unconvinced he's entirely happy with his surroundings.
Why wouldn't he be happy?

Top of the table vs bottom of the table..

Not having to be in the same team as Peter Russell Clarke Aaron Woods..

Wearing the best jersey in the league..

Latest posts