What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good luck in winning a title under Mary

It actually makes me happy when the team I support wins, which is kind of the point of watching.

It makes me happy when the organisation makes every effort to win the title. I then accept the result whatever happens. But how does Mary's tenure contribute to the overall success of the team? How, pray tell?

Year after year the team continues in this dead zone - not successful enough to win the title but not quite disastrous enough to sack the muppet. I hate the dead zone.

Straight Shooter

Old Timer

Coach
It makes me happy when the organisation makes every effort to win the title. I then accept the result whatever happens. But how does Mary's tenure contribute to the overall success of the team? How, pray tell?

Year after year the team continues in this dead zone - not successful enough to win the title but not quite disastrous enough to sack the muppet. I hate the dead zone.

Straight Shooter
Most eloquently put.

The Damo

Juniors
Every man's desire is different.
If you want to see your team run around the field at full time on GF day then why is it wrong to voice that desire?
If I had little time left on this planet I wouldn't want to watch this moron coaching my side and f**king it up and if you think that is acceptable then why do I have to be at deaths door to have people understand my point of view.
Myself and others have had years of watching a few wins each season now we want to win a comp as that exhilaration soothes all wounds.
Guess what? So do I. You know how that happens? Winning football games.
I’ve been watching too - feel like shit when we lose. But also feel good when we win.
Mary is not a great coach. I doubt he ever will be. I could sit here and list flaws too - and I’d do it more accurately than OV because I have a f**king clue and I’m not handicapped by being a miserable, Obtuse, monomaniacal sack of cats piss. And when he comes in here after a win doing his sad clown act, I’m going to mock him. I’ll do it after we lose and he comes in gloating too.
Now I might go watch replays of aitken scoring and Dugan dropping a try because it make me happy. Peace OT

The Damo

Juniors

Straight Shooter
How does you being a sad sack when we win help end his tenure? Pray tell, how?

rasaint

Juniors
I must say last night in the 1st half everything seemed to go against us with the rub of the green. 50/50 calls, Nightie twice stripped one should have been penalty the other 6again.crazy ball bounces, 5th tackle penalties to Sharkies etc. Still toughed it out for a gutsy win.

Nene was fab last night and I hope he continues with his good form. He may turn out the new LAMau who was jeered for years on this forum but now we acknowledge his ability.

Ben Hunt is composed and played very well. He can tackle effectively also.
Gareth Widdop has always been from the get go a top class player.

Good players make good coaches. I really think the cowboys have the roster to win this year serious injuries aside. Melbourne again will be very strong. I expect us to be finish somewhere in the top 8.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I must say last night in the 1st half everything seemed to go against us with the rub of the green. 50/50 calls, Nightie twice stripped one should have been penalty the other 6again.crazy ball bounces, 5th tackle penalties to Sharkies etc. Still toughed it out for a gutsy win.

Nene was fab last night and I hope he continues with his good form. He may turn out the new LAMau who was jeered for years on this forum but now we acknowledge his ability.

Ben Hunt is composed and played very well. He can tackle effectively also.
Gareth Widdop has always been from the get go a top class player.

Good players make good coaches. I really think the cowboys have the roster to win this year serious injuries aside. Melbourne again will be very strong. I expect us to be finish somewhere in the top 8.
I agree that good players make good coaches.

denis preston

First Grade
Great win last night & full credit to the players.Teams very rarely come back from all that defense in the first half.Lots of positives this year but cant help but feel that when the whips are cracking and the players aim up all that we will be lacking is the coaching to compliment the skill & endeavor of the players. I hate looking into the coaches box to see Hornby just looking at McGregor with eyes like a deer in the headlights. The missing link in this side is not fast outside backs but coaching staff.

I hope they have a quantum leap in improvement this year and we challenge for the title but when they continue to be seen not addressing issues ( or sacking players that continually make them ) they should be criticized.

Old Timer

Coach
How does you being a sad sack when we win help end his tenure? Pray tell, how?
How does you being effusive, warm and fuzzy help end his tenure, as without it ending, you will never experience the joy of winning on GF day.
You can opt for warm and fuzzy (normally somebody pissing in your pocket) by winning a few games or you can go all out and be totally hammered and legless after singing the club song 400 times on GF night and then ringing up every person you know that follows another team and telling them how shit they are.
So in the end it's horses for courses and we need people on both sides of the fence to keep a fairly even keel.
In fact without the liquorice all sorts that makes up this place we would have all left long ago.
As Jeff Fenech said " I loves youse all"

The Damo

Juniors
How does you being effusive, warm and fuzzy help end his tenure, as without it ending, you will never experience the joy of winning on GF day.
You can opt for warm and fuzzy (normally somebody pissing in your pocket) by winning a few games or you can go all out and be totally hammered and legless after singing the club song 400 times on GF night and then ringing up every person you know that follows another team and telling them how shit they are.
So in the end it's horses for courses and we need people on both sides of the fence to keep a fairly even keel.
In fact without the liquorice all sorts that makes up this place we would have all left long ago.
As Jeff Fenech said " I loves youse all"
I totally agree OT, but I don’t pretend that anything anybody does or says on this forum makes a lick of difference to the coaches tenure. I’ve said it before - the management of the club is poor, and they’ve set up the voting structures to avoid being held responsible. Until that changes, we are shit out of luck. I’m still gonna enjoy the positives though, and I’m not gonna go along with the fiction that enjoying those somehow makes me responsible for the coaches contract.

ViceVersa

Juniors
EDIT: ***F**KING WONT LET ME UPLOAD THE PUNCHLINE... FFS... I HAVE SOME THERAPY FOR YOU ALL :grin:

Last edited:

gregstar

Referee
unless we damn near win the thing, mcjowls should be booted.

he's a gimp.

as with the past couple of seasons, we'll be june premiers, mcjowls will get a further extension, and then we'll become competition roadkill.

the very definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Saintsified

Bench
I love it when NRL(not) coaches get together like this and banter in here about an NRL coach.

Best reading :rofl::grin::grin::umbrella2:

PaulMcGregor

Juniors
I’m the #1 Coach over 40mins
I’m the #1 Coach over 98m

It’s just a matter of extending both those stats.

While I agree with the sentiment, this is weird timing for a thread, and also an idea that could have probably gone into the "sack mcgregor" thread. You may have heard of it.
Heard of it? He publicly endorses it! I’m starting to think OV and old timer are the forums equivalent of Matt lodge and Wayne Bennett! The old man defending the indefensible!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Woeful bench rotational use tonight.
Some poor team selections too.
Credit to the players for still getting the win.

It was a case of the old adage "one team didn't win, the other side lost it".

Both Dugan and Moylan could've changed it all dramatically.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Notice how a lot of a certain going of posters have been very quiet lately?

I have no problem with not letting wins mask deficiencies, but the fact that many only post when they have criticisms is just pathetic. Express your criticisms of course but to have that make up your whole schtick is just shitty

Tons of positives in our team right now but some don't wanna look at them

Latest posts