What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats

SBD82

Coach
Gutsy win from your team today. Must be nice to see the commitment that the players showed in defense. The Ivan Cleary effect looks to be starting to bear fruit.

Great to see benji home and playing well. Thought he was great for you, amongst others. Reynolds might have given you a bit of spark when you were chasing points, but benji's control of the game got you home.

Also must be nice to have real front rowers. I thought Matulino and packer worked really hard today.

Great win fellas. (Always a bonus when it's against the roosters). Good luck for the rest of the season.

macnaz

Staff member
I think the 4 biggest things about winning tonight were.
1. With such a hard start with our draw getting a single win even at this stage takes a lot of pressure of the team.
2. We won without Reynolds in the side and the team could have let that get to them but still put in.
3. We beat the Roosters and got the monkey off our back :)
4. Having Benji back is a major blessing now Reynolds is injured.

Super proud of that effort tonight.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think another point is how much we will miss the 3 turds who left us last year. I've always thought that Woods leaving was a bonus and I think we look at lot better in the middle without him there. Moses the f**kwit is a quality player but did he have one game like Benji did tonight for us ? Turd was really bad and I wonder if he isn't going to perform as well as he has in the past. I thought he was pretty poor for us last year

stryker

First Grade
I think another point is how much we will miss the 3 turds who left us last year. I've always thought that Woods leaving was a bonus and I think we look at lot better in the middle without him there. Moses the f**kwit is a quality player but did he have one game like Benji did tonight for us ? Turd was really bad and I wonder if he isn't going to perform as well as he has in the past. I thought he was pretty poor for us last year
I agree. He had a very average 2017 and was poor tonight. Great to see.

Brooks will really need to sort himself out. If he doesn't get his shit together Benji is every chance of wearing the seven inside Reynolds or Gamble.

gordsy

Juniors
Brooks will really need to sort himself out. If he doesn't get his shit together Benji is every chance of wearing the seven inside Reynolds or Gamble.
Good to see the halves having competition for once. Been a few years since we could say that

Good to see the halves having competition for once. Been a few years since we could say that

I'm probably being a little unfair on Brooks, he was good in stages in attack, and he was very solid in defence all game. He doesn't take down Ferguson and that game could have changed dramatically. He put through his best weighted short kick in years for Benji and was also kicking for field position at the end.

It's not his best though, he is capable of far better.

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks was good. Benji was better. They both defended like champions. We really have some competition in the halves. I think both Benji and Brooks were a lot better than Reynolds was in the trials and Gamble has looked really good every chance he has had.

I can't get over Benji leading the team around and playing a controlled game with great defence. Brooks put on some great shots defensively as well.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Brooks was good. Benji was better. They both defended like champions. We really have some competition in the halves. I think both Benji and Brooks were a lot better than Reynolds was in the trials and Gamble has looked really good every chance he has had.

I can't get over Benji leading the team around and playing a controlled game with great defence. Brooks put on some great shots defensively as well.
Benji is undoubtedly our best game manager.Im really hoping Gamble evolves into a gun.Geez it’s good to have depth in all positions.I cringe when I think of Edwards Lovett Littlejohn Milone the turnstile tanker moses etc. How the f**k did we avoid the spoon!

I luv how IC has the cahoonas to drop Nofa.These r the ballsy decisions that r conducive to success.In IC we trust !!

simmo05

Bench
I'm probably being a little unfair on Brooks, he was good in stages in attack, and he was very solid in defence all game. He doesn't take down Ferguson and that game could have changed dramatically. He put through his best weighted short kick in years for Benji and was also kicking for field position at the end.

It's not his best though, he is capable of far better.
How good was his defence. Not just hitting and sticking, but putting blokes down 1 on 1. That try saver was a corker!

Clifferd

Coach
Benji is undoubtedly our best game manager.Im really hoping Gamble evolves into a gun.Geez it’s good to have depth in all positions.I cringe when I think of Edwards Lovett Littlejohn Milone the turnstile tanker moses etc. How the f**k did we avoid the spoon!

I luv how IC has the cahoonas to drop Nofa.These r the ballsy decisions that r conducive to success.In IC we trust !!

Agree so much. Hopefully ic gives benji the full reigns and let’s brooks play 2nd fiddle

That period when Brooks was in the bin & benji took full control was what we’ve lacked for so long

IMO Benji was M.O.M yesterday,Brooks was good,while both Gamble and Drinkwater were very good in reserves which is good for the WT.
There is no doubt Gamble is a future first grader,his attack is very good, however I think his defence still needs to improve to be in fg.

Tiger05

First Grade
How good was his defence. Not just hitting and sticking, but putting blokes down 1 on 1. That try saver was a corker!

Benji's defence was just as good. He put some crackers on the Turd. Brooks defence though was awesome. He cracked them a couple of times.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Benji's defence was just as good. He put some crackers on the Turd. Brooks defence though was awesome. He cracked them a couple of times.
U just never know re Brooks finally realising his potential.Im hoping he shocks me & finally becomes a major asset of the team.He won’t get any more beneficial mentors than the old school tough Reynolds & the much wiser & mature prodigal son along with the brilliant Hodgo & extremely impressive/unassuming shrewd IC.

The beauty is under IC’s regime u have to finally b accountable coz low & behold this normally mediocre club has depth !! Reputations count for nothing !

magpie4ever

First Grade
Let's not get to far in front of ourselves, remember last season and putting the bunnies to the sword in round 1.

I think we should wait until after round 6 and make a judgement. Hoping now for a 3-3 split, that would be great considering the draw.

SBD82

Coach
Gutsy win from your team today. Must be nice to see the commitment that the players showed in defense. The Ivan Cleary effect looks to be starting to bear fruit.

Great to see benji home and playing well. Thought he was great for you, amongst others. Reynolds might have given you a bit of spark when you were chasing points, but benji's control of the game got you home.

Also must be nice to have real front rowers. I thought Matulino and packer worked really hard today.

Great win fellas. (Always a bonus when it's against the roosters). Good luck for the rest of the season.
Exactly what I said last week, but X 2.

What a great win from the tigers. You were absolutely slammed by the refs and your boys never dropped their heads.

Loving the spirit that you're playing with.

super_coach

First Grade
I actually thought Brooks was great. Defence was super strong, took on the line, mid field bomb were good and shared the game management stuff with Benji.

I actually thought Brooks was great. Defence was super strong, took on the line, mid field bomb were good and shared the game management stuff with Benji.

He's rising to the challenge, he knows that after the last two games Benji is the first half picked every week and if Grub lifts when comes back Luke may find himself in cold. That, and Cleary junior is looming on the horizon.

He was much better last night. If he continues to improve I'm happy for him to keep the seven.

Latest posts