What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge Arrested in New York

Iafeta

Referee
Up until he went full psycho Hitchcock style in New York, I didn't know much about this bloke other than he seemed nothing more than a park footballer. The story I saw today where his ex talks about him being abusive, Greenknob has got himself into a pickle allowing this bloke back into the NRL.

#DISlodge #DodgeTheLodge #BecauseTheBroncos

Shorty

Staff member
Didn't he already have his day in court over this incident? What was the outcome?

I just think the trial by media for Lodge is getting ridiculous now. And I certainly won't take emotional cues from a piece of shit rag like the Daily Tele.
I really don't care how much media scrutiny he gets, he deserves all of it.
Still can't believe the NRL allowed it but oh well.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yes. He was on a good behaviour bond after one guilty count when he went full captain insano in New York.

Absolute thug who Greenmong has caved in to easily.
I'm referring to the incident with his ex girlfriend; not his Hulk Smash rampage through the Big Apple.

I'm pretty sure that has been cleared up in the courts.

In which case you have to wonder if another trial - this time in the court of public opinion - with those bastions of morality the Daily Telegraph acting as prosecution, is necessary.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Didn't he already have his day in court over this incident? What was the outcome?

I just think the trial by media for Lodge is getting ridiculous now. And I certainly won't take emotional cues from a piece of shit rag like the Daily Tele.
especially when it comes from Halloran

the last time she probably wrote anything about the NRL was when she was on her crusade to try and get Semi Radrada stood down

i notice she never replied to this tweet

and here's her double standards on display again

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/25188a41042dd50abf852b2ad8427861
Sydney Swans legend Michael O'Loughlin to be head coach of AFL-AIS Academy

Jessica Halloran, The Sunday Telegraph
November 2, 2010 10:07am

SWANS great Michael O'Loughlin has been given the plumb job of nurturing the next Chris Judd, Gary Ablett or Buddy Franklin.

O'Loughlin, who played 303 games for the Swans, will be head coach of the AFL-AIS Academy, where he will be mentoring the game's top 30 prospects next season.

However, he may inadvertently give the Swans' arch-rival a considerable leg-up because new club Greater Western Sydney has nine of the top 15 picks in the 2011 draft.

Many star players, including two-time Brownlow medallist and premiership player Judd, are on the AFL-AIS Academy honour roll. O'Loughlin will manage a number of camps for the AFL-AIS players over the next 12 months.

"I think it's the best job in football," O'Loughlin said.

"You are developing these young players who are likely to be the superstars and champions of the future of our great game.

"We are dealing with the elite junior players who are all striving to play at the elite AFL level. For me, it's really exciting to be involved in their development with that.

"I think the biggest strength I have is being just freshly out of the game. At the end of the program the junior players will leave knowing exactly what is expected of them.

"One of the things I can guarantee is that every junior player in the program will walk away with no doubt of what is required at the elite level."

O'Loughlin, 33, takes over from Jason McCartney, who has become an assistant coach at Fremantle.

After 15 years of senior football, O'Loughlin retired in 2009.

The AFL's general manager of development Dave Matthews said O'Loughlin was chosen for his outstanding leadership qualities.

"Michael has been, in a short space of time, very impressive in his management and involvement in a variety of programs that we run," Matthews said.

"Particularly to bring on young indigenous youth he's been involved with in the Flying Boomerangs indigenous youth program. He was coach of the world 18, which brought together people from very diverse cultures, and he's been a mentor in the AIS academy this year."

GWS has picks 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15 in the 2011 draft, but that isn't a concern to O'Loughlin.

"We won't know who will be drafted to where and what not - it's more about preparing these guys about the fact it's not a walk in the park to play at this level," he said.

"Every kid 16, 17, 18 wants to play AFL football for any club. There's a few things they'll have to show me and the other assistants of what makes them worthy of being involved in the programs.

"There will be no stone left unturned that will help them on their way. The destiny is in their hands."

why would you want that animal near kids?

and more hypocrisy

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Who gives a shit what the outlet is, it's her words (his ex) up to people with half a brain to determine the context and impact

Shorty

Staff member
It really does astound me the level some RL fans go to blame the media.
Convicted violent criminal playing in the NRL...somehow the media shouldn't report on it!

Seems quite simple to me, don't want the media all over things, don't allow violent criminals to play the game.
The media is doing it's job.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
It really does astound me the level some RL fans go to blame the media.
Convicted violent criminal playing in the NRL...somehow the media shouldn't report on it!

Seems quite simple to me, don't want the media all over things, don't allow violent criminals to play the game.
The media is doing it's job.

How can anyone blame media for reporting of terrorising a young family and declaring death whilst stalking?

Iafeta

Referee
I'm a for some quality calling out of the Telegraph for double standards. But in the same breath we shouldn't then confine DISlodges behaviour and turn a blind eye to it, as the NRL has done. We've created a rod for our own back here unnecessarily to appease old mate Wayne.