What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will it run?

eels81236

Bench
G'day Gents,

I lurk this forum often. It is often a good read. You merkins seem to know about breeding so any guesses on whether this thing will be able to run? I bought 5% of him yesterday. Portelli will train it. It went to the stables today for a week to familiarise itself with the surroundings. Portelli says it is close to the biggest 2 yo he has seen, hence, it has been broken in and heading to the stables a couple of months in advance of his other 2 year olds. My limited knowledge tells me it will be a straight out speed horse but may not train on past its 3 year old season. Am I guessing correctly?

It is by multiple Gp 1 winner Dissident out of Sweetener, a Snitzel mare that was placed in the Blue Diamond Prelude.

Any thoughts...

152de6_a262ec41d92b40da86242a2f4cf2a267.pdf

152de6_3d120d002e714907a6eabdd85ead2b4b~mv2_d_2405_1498_s_2.jpg

dissident-x-sweetener

I'm hopeless and cant get all images plus breeding to show but right click on IMG should bring them up??

http://www.darbyracing.com/dissident-x-sweetener

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Hey bro - very nice looking horse and bred to be very good. The Mum is by Snitzel and he could have sex with a broomstick at the moment and the offspring would still win a grp3. Plus she is a 3/4 sister to Secret Agenda who was a flying machine.

First season stallion is always concern, but on type I really liked most of the Dissidents I saw, thought they were all very athletic but probably more late 2yo/3yo types.

This guys looks a fair bit like his old man in colour and overall size but is a bit more solid and nuggety around the shoulder/girth like a Snitzel. Based on that I would say he looks a sprinter up to 1400 metre type horse, so similar to Dissident himself... In saying that though they don't always run the distance they are bred to.

Will it run? impossible to tell... People pay millions for the most perfectly conformed and impeccably bred horses and then they don't go a yard and end up racing at Tuncurry in BM55s. I would say though that this bloke has a lot of good ingredients to suggest that he should go pretty good and what looks like a pretty reasonable price considering his type and breeding.

Darby have been killing it the last couple of years, Portelli has a lot of critics but one thing he is willing to give young horses ago if he thinks they are capable.

BOL with him keep us updated with its progress will be keen to see how he gets on.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Hey bro - very nice looking horse and bred to be very good. The Mum is by Snitzel and he could have sex with a broomstick at the moment and the offspring would still win a grp3. Plus she is a 3/4 sister to Secret Agenda who was a flying machine.

First season stallion is always concern, but on type I really liked most of the Dissidents I saw, thought they were all very athletic but probably more late 2yo/3yo types.

This guys looks a fair bit like his old man in colour and overall size but is a bit more solid and nuggety around the shoulder/girth like a Snitzel. Based on that I would say he looks a sprinter up to 1400 metre type horse, so similar to Dissident himself... In saying that though they don't always run the distance they are bred to.

Will it run? impossible to tell... People pay millions for the most perfectly conformed and impeccably bred horses and then they don't go a yard and end up racing at Tuncurry in BM55s. I would say though that this bloke has a lot of good ingredients to suggest that he should go pretty good and what looks like a pretty reasonable price considering his type and breeding.

Darby have been killing it the last couple of years, Portelli has a lot of critics but one thing he is willing to give young horses ago if he thinks they are capable.

BOL with him keep us updated with its progress will be keen to see how he gets on.

LMAO

WaznTheGreat

Referee

+1

WaznTheGreat

Referee
G'day Gents,

I lurk this forum often. It is often a good read. You merkins seem to know about breeding so any guesses on whether this thing will be able to run? I bought 5% of him yesterday. Portelli will train it. It went to the stables today for a week to familiarise itself with the surroundings. Portelli says it is close to the biggest 2 yo he has seen, hence, it has been broken in and heading to the stables a couple of months in advance of his other 2 year olds. My limited knowledge tells me it will be a straight out speed horse but may not train on past its 3 year old season. Am I guessing correctly?

It is by multiple Gp 1 winner Dissident out of Sweetener, a Snitzel mare that was placed in the Blue Diamond Prelude.

Any thoughts...

dissident-x-sweetener

I'm hopeless and cant get all images plus breeding to show but right click on IMG should bring them up??

Dissident was a handy 2 and 3 year old but really came into his own as a 4 year old winning 4 group 1's at that age so it is possible for your horse to train on past 3 years old if it follows in Dad's footsteps

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Snitzel only had a few stakes performers as a broodmare sire at this early stage with Motown Lil being stakes placed and Mossfun(Golden Slipper winner),both of them were 1000m-1200m horses

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good luck mate, it's bred to be pretty decent and it might go early.

Secret Agenda is flying ATM hopefully he has some of her ability.

2 weeks

Coach
G'day Gents,

Any thoughts...

dissident-x-sweetener

Good luck mate.
Hope you win the Slipper with it.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
True Plodformer won it last year and I think he’s been spending too much time with his stablemate Tom, turning into a Milk Drinker of the highest order

ebbedfred

Bench
So we named the big fella Disruptor. He has a trial on Monday with the intention to qualify for the Breeders Plate. James McDonald to ride. Fingers crossed.

I hope he wins the Slipper, then the Everest and then the Melbourne cup for you, mainly because I own a share in him too. Ha ha

Trials on Monday, but seems to be doing everything right so far, the videos Gary have sent through seem promising but until he gets out there we’ll just have to wait and see.

Sphagnum

Coach
I hope he wins the Slipper, then the Everest and then the Melbourne cup for you, mainly because I own a share in him too. Ha ha

Trials on Monday, but seems to be doing everything right so far, the videos Gary have sent through seem promising but until he gets out there we’ll just have to wait and see.
Love how the punters forum just brings people together in weird and mysterious ways.

Good luck fellas. I hope it does you both proud.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Update on my filly, she had her first start last week she ran second at a Musselbrook Maiden over 900m last Sunday. She started almost tomato sauce odds but got beat by a more seasoned filly.

She’s having her next start next Friday at Scone in a showcase Maiden again over 900m. They expect her to run well again.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Probably the easiest 2 yr old race to win if you can get the horse there fit and well behaved. Is generally won by the horse with the best manners on the day, not the best horse.

Race caller

"Disruptor races clear inside the 200m as he apologises to his competitors and wishes them all the best in there future endeavours and thanks the jockey for whipping him"