What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Charlie124

First Grade
I reckon Val could grow into a good fullback given some time. I know he hasn't impressed at the Sharks so far but i think that also has a bit to do with the fact that they have several other options at FB so its easy for them to justify not giving him time to develop there. He wanted a crack, the coach gave it to him and he didn't fire, experiment over - get back to the wing.

I think that will play into the Cows hands if we see him as a replacement for Coote.

Noname36

First Grade
Really though? I find it hard to believe Broncos would let him go.

I don't think it's that crazy. The Knights still have over 1 million left under the salary cap and Bennett is usually pretty stubborn regarding how much he is willing to pay front rowers.

I know he's been quoted as saying he wants to play under Bennett/be a Bronco for life or something but Joe Tapine said the same thing about the Knights until Canberra gave him more money than the Knights were willing too. Plus I think everyone can see that Wayne's future is a bit up in the air there so his position may change...and his junior club where he still has family and friends wouldn't be in a bad position to make an offer with the cap space they have.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
I reckon Val could grow into a good fullback given some time. I know he hasn't impressed at the Sharks so far but i think that also has a bit to do with the fact that they have several other options at FB so its easy for them to justify not giving him time to develop there. He wanted a crack, the coach gave it to him and he didn't fire, experiment over - get back to the wing.

I think that will play into the Cows hands if we see him as a replacement for Coote.

Yeah fullback is a difficult position to learn if you're not a natural there. It takes a lot of time to even just start feeling comfortable let alone really excel. I reckon if the Cowboys promised to give him real time to develop there it would be pretty easy to get him away from the Sharks. I can't imagine he'd be too happy at the moment. The Sharks need to do what's best for their team but I reckon he would be pretty pissed secretly at being moved back so quickly.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Tim Grant seeking an early release from WT to fill a front row shortage at the Panthers in the wake of McKendry going down. Grant still lives in the area. You heard it here first

Latest posts