What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Yeah Clifferd, it was all in the papers and at the time it certainly was weird but Pascoe seemed to be the one pushing &, promoting it and to me, it was contradicting what we were hearing or reading about Farah and the club,

Because of it, I never believed much what was being said about him, but then that's not to say that I believe any of the roles after retirement stuff that has been printed until it happens.

Who knows, perhaps the management has seen how those other 3 treated the club and thought, gee Farah wasn't too bad after all. hahaha

As for me, if he wants to come back for 100k (I know the NRL has to approve his value but lets face it, he's not the 1st grade hooker at Souths) and he agrees to everything the bus driver demands up front, why not.

tiger102

Juniors
Hello All,
Just a quick question.Is there any players we should be watching players closely in the early rounds and be prepared to make good money offers for them. We need strike power in the backs.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hello All,
Just a quick question.Is there any players we should be watching players closely in the early rounds and be prepared to make good money offers for them. We need strike power in the backs.
Kane Elgey coz we desperately need a competent game manager with a quality kicking game.

Also I don’t know who may b available but we need speed in 3/4’s.

tiger102

Juniors
Kane Elgey coz we desperately need a competent game manager with a quality kicking game.

Also, I don’t know who may b available but we need speed in 3/4’s.
Thanks, Tiger Ted. as live in Queensland, I don't get to see any lower grade games.

Clifferd

Coach
Papalli and lowe are off contract next year, either of those would be shit hot.

Is Papalli even that good? I remember him cheap shotting Paul Gallen and running over the top of little Mitch moses that’s about it.

Give me Lowe any day, plus he can kick.

super_coach

First Grade
I'd take Lowe over just about anyone....you'd go to war with that guy
Players like Lowe have spent their career running into great big holes created by top of line spine players.
Don’t get me wrong he is a quality player, but the jury is out if he or any similar player could achieve the same at our joint

Das Hassler

Bench
Players like Lowe have spent their career running into great big holes created by top of line spine players.
Don’t get me wrong he is a quality player, but the jury is out if he or any similar player could achieve the same at our joint

I take your point...just so impressed by his motor. Has the skills and works so damn hard .

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Tigers looking to sign Nathan the Ross dawg from Newcastle apparently

Wants to play fullback or centre
Ya know, after the pre season we've had and early strong signs I'd be very hesitatant to add any newcomers to the mix just yet. Let's allow this culture to really take root before bringing in anyone who wasn't on the bus at the first stop.
Building the right cultural base has been a problem until seemingly now. Let's get this right and the benefits can flow for a decade or more, when this playing group that established it have all retired or moved on.

Clifferd

Coach
Cant say I know that much about him, is he worth considering?

Was Newcastle player of the year last year, their fans seem to have big wraps on him

I’d say if we nabbed him would be our next best outside back outside Nofa and Marsters, nothing too flashy but does have pace to burn and a bit of footwork

This would be for next year BTW

Vozzy

Juniors
Seems a bit like Valentine Holmes where he wants to play fullback/centre but his best position is wing. I remember when we played the knights last year he was fullback and had a shocker. Wingers don't get paid well compared to fullbacks that's why they all want to move there.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ross would be 30 by next season. Not terribly excited personally about this potential signing. Is a trier but we've always had them.
Valid point coz when u consider age it’s not as appealing.I thought he was younger.Hence I damn well hope we r not offering him much.I wish we’d chase Mansour.

We've got plenty of Rossdogs in the team already.

I wouldn't want him at fullback, pretty sure last time they played us he had an absolute barry at fullback.

Latest posts