What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Agreed. Makes no sense whatsoever to have a negative opinion of a coach that left the club in such a positive position when he ran out, I mean, finished up his time there.

He didn't kick many goals there after 3 years but he did score a bride!

Got you guys into a prelim final. That is more than Stone or Brown have ever achieved...

Knight Vision

First Grade
Got you guys into a prelim final. That is more than Stone or Brown have ever achieved...
And the cost of making that prelim was the last 3 years of wooden spoons. The myth that is Bennett royally f**ked the salary cap to such an extent it took years to repair. Veiled swipes at Bennett from Roy Masters and Phil Gould for the state he left Newcastle would suggest I'm not alone in my opinion of the myth that is Bennett.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The players were struggling to get paid. Your coal mining magnet hero that you worshipped was going broke. Did you expect miracles?
Players were getting paid - the end. It was Bennetts love child that had a little cry over a 3rd party payment that didnt eventuate. I'll explain because you follow Brisbane - 3rd party deals have nothing to do with the club ( when done legally - I think thats the part you dont understand ) they dont involve brown paper bags with 300K in them. The Knights dont have an Andrew Gee. Capeesh? comprende ?

Spot On

Coach

Geez, it's taken years for the Dragons to rebuild into something of a decent side since Bennett departed. Brown inherited an absolute steaming pile of shit from Wayne. Bennett ruined the roster and cap. That can't be spun any other way. Surely you'll give Brown a pass mark for cleaning the shit out in pretty quick time. Bennett said it would take at least 5 years to fix the joint. Brown has close to 3 years to go before that period elapses. Judge him then if you believe Wayne is the messiah.

I would have thought that was apparent to most, more so those who follow league quite closely.

You obviously do not?

And Stone ....... I'll pay that one. Pretty poor appointment as history showed. Although, he took a pretty poor team into the semis the season before Bennett took over. Bennett failed to do that the following year with a better squad.

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
And the cost of making that prelim was the last 3 years of wooden spoons. The myth that is Bennett royally f**ked the salary cap to such an extent it took years to repair. Veiled swipes at Bennett from Roy Masters and Phil Gould for the state he left Newcastle would suggest I'm not alone in my opinion of the myth that is Bennett.

Yep, never left a club in a good state.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Gotta laugh at some of these shithouse clubs that were in finals famine before Bennett came along, now listen too them, i imagine Bennett has the same insight as brick top does.

7A775B9D-2179-4226-AEE6-2D74D6AC7721.jpeg

Alfred DeBois

Juniors
Tim Grant seeking an early release from WT to fill a front row shortage at the Panthers in the wake of McKendry going down. Grant still lives in the area. You heard it here first

What happened to Grant? He played origin flattened Petro a few years back. Since then he has seemed to regress. Cleary got rid of him at Penrith, he didn't last long at Souths and now he has continued the downward spiral by playing reserve grade.
He seems to get worse as he gets older. I thought Props got better with age.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Geez, it's taken years for the Dragons to rebuild into something of a decent side since Bennett departed. Brown inherited an absolute steaming pile of shit from Wayne. Bennett ruined the roster and cap. That can't be spun any other way. Surely you'll give Brown a pass mark for cleaning the shit out in pretty quick time. Bennett said it would take at least 5 years to fix the joint. Brown has close to 3 years to go before that period elapses. Judge him then if you believe Wayne is the messiah.

I would have thought that was apparent to most, more so those who follow league quite closely.

You obviously do not?

And Stone ....... I'll pay that one. Pretty poor appointment as history showed. Although, he took a pretty poor team into the semis the season before Bennett took over. Bennett failed to do that the following year with a better squad.

Both stone and Steve price were Bennett endorsements as was Ivan henjak.

Old supercoach Gibson used to say the measure of success was how you left an organisation...

Guess that's what separates the real supercoaches from the rest

Jason Simmons

Juniors

They had the same thing before he went there, why do think the Knights poached him from the Dragons in the first place? Years of doing 2/5ths of f*ckall in the comp, that’s why. They didn’t buy him because everything was peachy in the club, ffs...

He was brought in to quickly bring the Knights up to scratch, which he did under his watch.

The fact that the team was arse before him and has been again since until your third different coach in three years finally managed to pay enough overs to actually attract some talent, is obviously all Wayne’s fault...

Gus Gould had a swipe at Bennett? Oh dear. Well obviously then he can’t coach... That will do me. Someone using something Gus Gould says as ‘evidence’ of the truth...

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Players were getting paid - the end. It was Bennetts love child that had a little cry over a 3rd party payment that didnt eventuate. I'll explain because you follow Brisbane - 3rd party deals have nothing to do with the club ( when done legally - I think thats the part you dont understand ) they dont involve brown paper bags with 300K in them. The Knights dont have an Andrew Gee. Capeesh? comprende ?

How many ways could you possibly f*ck up in one post? Is this a new record? Daring to lecture others on Third Party Agreements, when you clearly don’t have the faintest idea of what they are...

As you are clearly un-aware, the NRL actually PUBLISHED the club registered TPA amounts this year...

The clubs have EVERYTHING to do with legal TPA’s. They are the ones in fact that REGISTER them with the NRL...

Last season, $3.76 million was paid to 93 players across the NRL in arm’s length third party agreements. The great majority — 77 players — were Origin level or other tier one internationals, already among their clubs best earners.

The NRL would not reveal each club’s spend, which averaged to $235,000 each club.

It is known Melbourne Storm benefited most. Storm players earned an extra $788,000 in third parties.

Brisbane was next, more than $200,000 below Melbourne but still commanding more than half a million dollars in third party income. Penrith was third, also benefiting by more than half a million dollars paid to its players in third parties.

The other club significantly above the average last season was Manly, spending more than $300,000.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...tory/7cd2a47eed77fa3004a3ab65ec1db6d5?login=1

Latest posts