What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Tampering

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Im absolutely shocked and gutted, our once proud cricket team is doing stuff like this.
I wont be watching this current team any longer until changes are made.
Smith has to Go along with Croft and Warner .
Smith is not a captain, if he reckons he didnt know anything about this he must be a frigging joking .
BanCroft is absolute joke to the Australians .
Warner has nothing to offer, best he refunds his contract money back .

Fangs

Coach
Smith captaincy gone. Has form (Dressing room DRS in India) and I had reservations about his captaincy anyway. Too emotional for the job and we now know a lot more about his character.

David Warner just can't help getting in to fights. With spectators, players...not fit to wear the C. And if the 'leadership' group knew about the ball tampering then he is definately no chance.

Darren Lehman...dead man walking.

We are in some serious strife captaincy wise. Tim Paine? Mitch Starc????

People still whinge about the underarm ball. And that wasn't even against the rules. This is blatant cheating and we are going to get called out for it for a long time to come. Big changes needed.

Timbo

Staff member
You'd have to think there will be questions asked if Smith's captaincy now.

Fangs

Coach
He must step down.

Doesn't matter how other nations would deal with it. Its blatant cheating and it can't be excused. CA can't twiddle their thumbs on this one.

James Sutherland to front the press at 12.00pm.

DC_fan

Coach
While I do not support what the Australian team has done in this match, I think we would have to be quite nieve to think that this is the first time an Australian team has done such a thing. Cricket has been played in Australia for well over 100 years and I suspect that during that time cheating has occurred. Just that this time we got caught.

Interesting comment by Allan Border "If you're caught doing the wrong thing, you've got to pay the penalty." Which suggests to me that cheating is fine, just don’t get caught.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...wn-after-admitting-ball-tampering-involvement

Eelectrica

Referee
While I do not support what the Australian team has done in this match, I think we would have to be quite nieve to think that this is the first time an Australian team has done such a thing. Cricket has been played in Australia for well over 100 years and I suspect that during that time cheating has occurred. Just that this time we got caught.

Interesting comment by Allan Border "If you're caught doing the wrong thing, you've got to pay the penalty." Which suggests to me that cheating is fine, just don’t get caught.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...wn-after-admitting-ball-tampering-involvement
Best way to not get caught cheating is surely not to cheat? With all the camera's they've got around the grounds, it seems inevitable that any actions are going to be caught on a camera.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
seriously, what good is it sending Pat Howard over there now that the horse has bolted ?

and if he is our high performance manager, why wasn't he already over there ?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
seriously, what good is it sending Pat Howard over there now that the horse has bolted ?

and if he is our high performance manager, why wasn't he already over there ?
Good point.

Although we have a higher performance when he's not around.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
They’ve been on the slide ever since Waugh retired IMO. It’s been evident in their nasty attitude for a few years (a bit of good natured sledging is fine but it’s been way beyond that for some time) and now their on pitch dominance has eroded its descended into cheating. They need to have the cleaners put through the squad and support staff and be reminded that they’re just another cricket team and ha e no god given right to be champions.

Reminds me a bit of what happened to the Olympic swimming team in London.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The only thing us merkins have ever agreed on is that Steve Smith is a useless captain(even before this happened)

JoeD

First Grade
The worst most embarrassing thing about this is that the Aussie leadership group took the soft option. From now on I’ll think of this group as soft first and cheaters second. As a kiwi I remember hard Australian captains like AB and Steve Waugh with nowhere near the natural ability of Smith but as players and captains who were tough. For too long this spoiled brat of an Australia team has had everything gifted to them on a platter and as soon as things got hard they turned to cheating.

aussies1st

Staff member
Geez why do this, should never be the Aussie way. His feats as a batsmen will no longer be remembered.

BLN2

Juniors
So, do you Aussies believe this is the first time your boys have ball tampered? This current team I mean, with Smith saying this is the first and only.. And who believes Lehman and co had no idea? Bull sh*t written all over it.

And getting the newest bloke to do it.. Shows how low the so called leaders of the side are.

Latest posts