What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

coolsteve

Juniors
I was surprised by that... I had Manny by 2 but there were some razor thin rounds in there which can go either way.

Certainly no robbery though...

117-111 to Horn though.... SMH
had a chuckle with the 117-111 but thought it prob ment for pacman, great win by Horn

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Am I the only one who thinks this fight isn't going to be walk over for Horn?

I personally can't believe he is such a heavy favourite... this is the exact opposite of when he fought Pacman, no one gave him a chance in that fight but he used that to his advantage and caught Manny and the public off-guard. This time all the expectation is on him, Corcoran is no mug and he will see this as his big chance to put himself on the map.

Mentally this fight is a lot tougher for Horn imo will be interesting to see if he can handle it all.

It's hard not to like Horn and I want to see him succeed but $5 for Corcoran is a good bet imo

Corcoran is not even the best fighter at his weight in the UK so if Horn doesn't win inside the distance questions need to be asked about Horn's ability.

shiznit

Coach
Anyone watching this Billy Joe Saunders v David Lemieux fight just about to start??

Looks like a promising scrap...

shiznit

Coach
Anyone watch Lucas Brown v Dillian Whyte this morning??

Jeepers.... talk about a horror KO.

Browne looked terrible.... looked old, slow and his guts were hanging out...

I don’t like to pile on a bloke after a loss like that... especially a real nice guy like Lucas Browne.

But that was pretty bloody bad... and he got absolutely demolished.

Now all eyes will turn to Cardiff next weekend with Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker for all of the belts except Wilders.

About a year ago i actually thought based on the people they each fought and the way they fight I had Parker ahead of Joshua and Wilder a distant 3rd.

Since then Joshua has beaten Klitschko and Wilder beat Ortiz.

Parker has been pretty ordinary since then...

So quite rightly Parker is the distant 3rd now.

Joshua is a deserved favourite... but I don’t think he should be as big of a favourite as the pundits are saying.

His hand speed is something Joshua will have never encountered before... He also has a granite chin which has meant he’s never been put on his backside or even hurt before.

I’m skeptical about all this talk that he’s had ‘secret’ elbow surgery which now means he’s finally 100% and can throw his full power which apparently he hasn’t had for about 2 years... :joy::joy:

All in all I’m looking forward to it... kinda reminds me of the days of David Tua challenging Lennox Lewis over in Vegas.

That didn’t turn out so good for the Kiwi but Parker is a whole different beast to Tua... more diverse fighter with a bigger toolbox...

And Joshua damn sure ain’t a prime Lennox Lewis...

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

I don’t like to pile on a bloke after a loss like that... especially a real nice guy like Lucas Browne.

Now all eyes will turn to Cardiff next weekend with Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker for all of the belts except Wilders.

About a year ago i actually thought based on the people they each fought and the way they fight I had Parker ahead of Joshua and Wilder a distant 3rd.

Joshua is a deserved favourite... but I don’t think he should be as big of a favourite as the pundits are saying.

His hand speed is something Joshua will have never encountered before... He also has a granite chin which has meant he’s never been put on his backside or even hurt before.

I’m skeptical about all this talk that he’s had ‘secret’ elbow surgery which now means he’s finally 100% and can throw his full power which apparently he hasn’t had for about 2 years... :joy::joy:

All in all I’m looking forward to it... kinda reminds me of the days of David Tua challenging Lennox Lewis over in Vegas.

That didn’t turn out so good for the Kiwi but Parker is a whole different beast to Tua... more diverse fighter with a bigger toolbox...

Joshua is almost a sure thing IMO. Joshua by KO.

shiznit

Coach
Joshua is almost a sure thing IMO. Joshua by KO.
He’s nowhere near a sure thing...

He has far too many weaknesses for anyone to truly think he’s a sure thing.

If we were talking about Lennox Lewis or a Wlad from about 5 years ago I would say you have a point...

But Joshua has some fundamental issues which make this fight interesting...

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Parker two years ago, was a better fighter than Joshua, since then Joshua has definitely progressed where as Parker has stagnated. He has been average in his last two fights, but if he was injured and now free of that, then it will be a very interesting fight and a lot closer than people think.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
At $6.50 Parker is worth a little flutter I reckon, anything can happen, it's a fight.

Hell, Ortiz almost stopped Wilder recently, so it's definitely not a walk in the park for Joshua.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He’s nowhere near a sure thing...

He has far too many weaknesses for anyone to truly think he’s a sure thing.

If we were talking about Lennox Lewis or a Wlad from about 5 years ago I would say you have a point...

But Joshua has some fundamental issues which make this fight interesting...
Yeah you probably right but its not anyONE as you say in your post. You look at youtubes views on the fight from fans, trainers and boxers and I'd say its 95% of that are for Joshua and 5% for Parker. Based on that and what Ive seen from both boxers, its like I said 'ALMOST a sure thing'. Lotta people including myself see Parker kissing the canvas.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah you probably right but its not anyONE as you say in your post. You look at youtubes views on the fight from fans, trainers and boxers and I'd say its 95% of that are for Joshua and 5% for Parker. Based on that and what Ive seen from both boxers, its like I said 'ALMOST a sure thing'. Lotta people including myself see Parker kissing the canvas.
No i mean what I say.... ANYONE...

I’ve seen the vast majority of those predictions on YouTube... but what you need to understand is that the reason for those predictions are usually because the vast majority of those people either haven’t seen much of Parker fight and they get caught up in Joshua’s hype.... or a combination of both.

If you look at guys who have studied Parker they know it’s closer than people are making it.... guys like Peter Fury, Steve Bunce from ESPN, Carlos Takam whos fought both of them... those kinda guys know that Parker will pose some problems for Joshua in ways he’s never actually been tested before. In areas he’s considered weak in.

I’m not coming out here and saying that Joshua isn’t a deserved favourite...

Parker has massive issues himself... Especially defensively IMO....

But I don’t think it’s going to be as one sided as people are saying...

edabomb

First Grade

More diverse than Tua but not as exceptional at any one thing as Tua was with that hook and chin. I'd back Tua to take out Parker 8 out of 10 fights.

A loss here will be a good thing for Parker if it means he ditches team Duco and Barry.

shiznit

Coach
More diverse than Tua but not as exceptional at any one thing as Tua was with that hook and chin. I'd back Tua to take out Parker 8 out of 10 fights.

A loss here will be a good thing for Parker if it means he ditches team Duco and Barry.
Maybe...

Tua is a chance against anyone because of his power...

But Parker could just as easily box his face off for 12 rounds...

Plenty of fighters did that...

edabomb

First Grade
Maybe...

Tua is a chance against anyone because of his power...

But Parker could just as easily box his face off for 12 rounds...

Plenty of fighters did that...

Yeah but Parker has struggled to outbox Takam and Ruiz Jr while taking plenty of punishment himself. Tua would lay him out sooner or later if Parker fought him like that.

Don't get me wrong Parker has tools that Tua never had. The problem is I don't think he has been taught how to use those attributes. Everybody mentions speed but you never see him come in, do his work and get out. Takam and Ruiz both caught him over and over after he'd come in and landed on them.

He needs a new trainer to coach him to utilise his strengths. While he is not at the level of Wlad and Lewis they both had similar changes around this stage of their career. Too bad Manny Steward isn't around anymore.

Last edited:

Latest posts