What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ball Tampering

Fangs

Coach
That’s just what we need to install that we’re aussies and we don’t cheat attitude, Mr Langer I’ll just walk casually past these stumps and knock the bails of “ Ump Ump, we bowled him”

That was a classic wasn't it?

Langer new coach. Meditation will be mandatory.

Fangs

Coach
Jesus - Smith. Performs miracles, will come back.

Judas - Warner. Goodnight Dave.

Peter - Bangers. Feel a bit stupid now don't you mate?

Mr Spock!

Referee
Jesus - Smith. Performs miracles, will come back.

Judas - Warner. Goodnight Dave.

Peter - Bangers. Feel a bit stupid now don't you mate?

And Jesus was brought before a baying crowd who called for his execution.

Even has you in it.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yeah, I am. He brought this on his f**king self.

Must be just me but I don't rejoice seeing people kicked when they're down.

Especially with the bs going on in world cricket.

All I've seen is people posting with their own vendettas against the australian team which has never been liked for as far as I can remember.

shiznit

Coach
Must be just me but I don't rejoice seeing people kicked when they're down.

Especially with the bs going on in world cricket.

All I've seen is people posting with their own vendettas against the australian team which has never been liked for as far as I can remember.
I hate people piling it on... especially in situations which in the scheme of things aren’t actually all that important.

At the end of the day it is only a sport.

Having said all of that... I think people who try to minimise what he did compared to Warner seem to gloss over an important fact...

Hey may not have been the one planning and doing the deed.... but he had the ability to stop it... and he chose not to for whatever reason...

Big mistake... and he’s paying a huge price...

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I think CA got the bans right. Smith has never been a good leader and this has provided clear evidence why. Of all the ways to handle the press conference after, he decision to push it to Bancroft is the pure example of why he shouldn't be in that role again. He's a fantastic batsman. Do that if he can get back. It could be career destroying though.

Warner can do the travelling circus tours like Watson and co have done. He's finished. The big win for Australian cricket. Slogging your way through the new ball is not doing the job of an opening batsman.

Bancroft... 9 months. Suspect he will be back in shield for a long while. He shouldn't have been there over Renshaw anyway.

The coach has done the smart thing and called it time. Certainly not the way he would have wanted to do it, but it had to happen. It probably should have happened earlier than this imo.

What pisses me off is all the comments coming in from players from other countries. Countries who have accepted what the ICC has handed down and moved on. The way Smith was treated by the South African public is disgraceful, especially considering their captain has been caught twice doing it. Even Warner for that matter. CA let them all down badly on this tour. They needed to step in earlier and cancel the tour if the harassment didn't end. In some ways though, the players need to learn to have tougher skins if they are going to sledge.

The entire sh*t show has been embarrassing. Who would have thought this was going to be ok? Who would have thought they would get away with a ridiculous colored piece of tape, or that it was even likely to work in the first place? And then the entire trial by media circus that followed? And the hurried decisions to appease the media and fans. A more thought out solution was required. And some sensibility in how you are going to return them to home.
CA needs to take some responsibility here too. What a disaster of a tour. I hope the next time we tour that country, we go prepared. Its more savage than visiting Pakistan or India IMO.

Danish

Referee
I think CA got the bans right. Smith has never been a good leader and this has provided clear evidence why. Of all the ways to handle the press conference after, he decision to push it to Bancroft is the pure example of why he shouldn't be in that role again. He's a fantastic batsman. Do that if he can get back. It could be career destroying though.

Warner can do the travelling circus tours like Watson and co have done. He's finished. The big win for Australian cricket. Slogging your way through the new ball is not doing the job of an opening batsman.

Bancroft... 9 months. Suspect he will be back in shield for a long while. He shouldn't have been there over Renshaw anyway.

The coach has done the smart thing and called it time. Certainly not the way he would have wanted to do it, but it had to happen. It probably should have happened earlier than this imo.

What pisses me off is all the comments coming in from players from other countries. Countries who have accepted what the ICC has handed down and moved on. The way Smith was treated by the South African public is disgraceful, especially considering their captain has been caught twice doing it. Even Warner for that matter. CA let them all down badly on this tour. They needed to step in earlier and cancel the tour if the harassment didn't end. In some ways though, the players need to learn to have tougher skins if they are going to sledge.

The entire sh*t show has been embarrassing. Who would have thought this was going to be ok? Who would have thought they would get away with a ridiculous colored piece of tape, or that it was even likely to work in the first place? And then the entire trial by media circus that followed? And the hurried decisions to appease the media and fans. A more thought out solution was required. And some sensibility in how you are going to return them to home.
CA needs to take some responsibility here too. What a disaster of a tour. I hope the next time we tour that country, we go prepared. Its more savage than visiting Pakistan or India IMO.

South Africa is a 50/50 chance of even being safe enough to host tests in a few years the way their government is travelling.

The ex-players I can’t cop coming out and tossing their 2c in are Tendulkar and Vaughan. Both known ball tampering cheats, yet still wanting to have a crack like the classless f**kwits they are

Meapro Ham

Juniors
What are the chances Lehman was actually sacked but given the opportunity to announce his “resignation”? Fairly likely I reckon.

Anyway I’m sorry to see him go. Did a pretty good job overall. Definitely better than the clown before him. Biggest mistake obviously was going too far in embracing the “ugly aussies” culture which brought him undone in the end.

TIGER14

Bench
Very worrying that Warner completely deflected questions about whether players outside of him, Smith and Bancroft were involved, and also whether it's happened before.