What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Blitz

Springs09

Juniors
I don't think it's the penalised teams but I think the stop/start nature of the new officiating has affected teams with larger forward packs negatively, they're getting tired quicker and making more errors.
Sharks seemed to be able to get the win but how many errors did they make?
Storm, Cows, Eels all have larger forward packs and have been awful.
I'd like to see the error count overall this year compared to the same time last year.

The game isn't flowing at the moment.
It looks horrible, hopefully these changes pay off.

Good, that's what we want. That's the reason we keep reducing the interchange.

The game hasn't flowed for ages. Every tackle being that 'catch and hold' for ten seconds, then third man in around the legs just as held is called, then taking forever to peel off one by one - that was not 'flow'. That was slow, boring shit and the majority of games in the last few years.

M2D2

Bench
You want refs to manage the game rather than police the rules as they're suppose to.

Luke Lewis said on NRL 360 they are waiting for the refs to give up after 4 or 5 rounds so there is no willingness to learn. That attitude will change if the refs don't back down.

The team that gets 10+ in their favour will have all the field position and possession. Coaches will be on that quick once they know the crackdown is for real. Too much advantage not to.
What the f**k does that have to do with the WWE? You mean when they inforce the rules when they have been instructed to by the people in the back. JUST LIKE WHATS HAPPENING HERE.
If youre going to try and bring WWE into it, at least use a correct analogy.
And dont tell me what i want. What i want is a free flowing game that doesnt have Todd Greenberg telling refs what they should and shouldnt be policing.
The problem here is, even in the two games they have gotten the rules, WRONG, they have also gotten many calls WRONG. They have let so many penalties go in the ruck with these games, so this crackdown wont even fix that.
But you idiots have it in your head that some mythical fantasy land will be coming out of this and continue to beat a dead horse.
Go watch union if you want penalty a thons.

Shorty

Staff member
Good, that's what we want. That's the reason we keep reducing the interchange.

The game hasn't flowed for ages. Every tackle being that 'catch and hold' for ten seconds, then third man in around the legs just as held is called, then taking forever to peel off one by one - that was not 'flow'. That was slow, boring shit and the majority of games in the last few years.
Yeah and it's worse now than it was before.
Pie in the sky stuff until I actually see the benefits to this change.

OldPanther

Coach
What the f**k does that have to do with the WWE? You mean when they inforce the rules when they have been instructed to by the people in the back. JUST LIKE WHATS HAPPENING HERE.
If youre going to try and bring WWE into it, at least use a correct analogy.
And dont tell me what i want. What i want is a free flowing game that doesnt have Todd Greenberg telling refs what they should and shouldnt be policing.
The problem here is, even in the two games they have gotten the rules, WRONG, they have also gotten many calls WRONG. They have let so many penalties go in the ruck with these games, so this crackdown wont even fix that.
But you idiots have it in your head that some mythical fantasy land will be coming out of this and continue to beat a dead horse.
Go watch union if you want penalty a thons.

Sure let the players do whatever they want. That'll fix everything. Everyone's only been complaining for years that the refs are glorified coaches on the field and now they're becoming refs people like you want to complain.

The responsibility is on coaches to fix this. They haven't taken it seriously yet and we're seeing the results.

Springs09

Juniors
Yeah and it's worse now than it was before.
Pie in the sky stuff until I actually see the benefits to this change.

I disagree and so do many people. I'd rather see 50 penalties a game than let teams get away with cheating. Too long have the best teams been those who were best at bending the rules. Let's have a comp where the winner is the best at playing football for once.

Clifferd

Coach
Hopefully players are pinged for being 20cm offside then. May aswell bring out the set squares for markers aswell.

That way we can get 100 penalties a game even

We want 20 minutes of actual football played don’t we?

Springs09

Juniors
Hopefully players are pinged for being 20cm offside then. May aswell bring out the set squares for markers aswell.

Nah you're right let's have 0 penalties a game so it's fast and free-flowing and just trust the players play within the rules. They're good sports and wouldn't ever try to gain an advantage by cheating.

Life's Good

Coach

Has that been happening though? Or do you see it happening like that?

Shorty

Staff member
Too long have the best teams been those who were best at bending the rules.
That's basically sport in general and will always happen.
Players will just find ways to bend the new rules, like they already have with milking.

'When the coaches and players blah blah' when? We've had controversial games every round, team after team gets penalties for the same thing the team got done for before them.
Why aren't things changing?

'Oh they're just expecting the refs to fold blah blah'.
Great so in the mean time we have to watch a game with 30 penalties, no trys, multiple ball handling errors, players put into touch and listless hit ups because both teams have virtually no energy from the stop/start.

Looking forward to the bumps for this thread when we're watching the finals with this shit.

Clifferd

Coach
Nah you're right let's have 0 penalties a game so it's fast and free-flowing and just trust the players play within the rules. They're good sports and wouldn't ever try to gain an advantage by cheating.

Lol.

You’re trying to change the entire way rugby league is played.

Since the birth of rugby league it’s been refereed for the feel of the game. Even with this “referee crackdown” it’s still as bad if not worse than it was in round 1. Refs still make the same mistakes blah blah

Penalise the obvious infringments but don’t turn the entire game into penalty ball so it’s completey unwatchable

OldPanther

Coach
That's basically sport in general and will always happen.
Players will just find ways to bend the new rules, like they already have with milking.

'When the coaches and players blah blah' when? We've had controversial games every round, team after team gets penalties for the same thing the team got done for before them.
Why aren't things changing?

'Oh they're just expecting the refs to fold blah blah'.
Great so in the mean time we have to watch a game with 30 penalties, no trys, multiple ball handling errors, players put into touch and listless hit ups because both teams have virtually no energy from the stop/start.

Looking forward to the bumps for this thread when we're watching the finals with this shit.

Yeah we have to wait. The players got a pay rise because they wanted to be partners in the game.

This is apparently hurting the game.

So take some f**king responsibility.

Nerd

Bench
I missed the game last night and just finished watching it on replay specifically looking at every penalty and as much as I hate Checcin besides the Slater dive I thought every one was warranted. In fact I applaud the NRL for finally instructing the refs to heavily police the speed of the ruck and the 10 m. It's no surprise that the Storm who are the masters of the slow play the ball struggled in this game. Hopefully the refs stick with this for the rest of the season.

M2D2

Bench
Sure let the players do whatever they want. That'll fix everything. Everyone's only been complaining for years that the refs are glorified coaches on the field and now they're becoming refs people like you want to complain.

The responsibility is on coaches to fix this. They haven't taken it seriously yet and we're seeing the results.
Oh so now its let the players do whatever you want, you are a hyperbole machine.
The responsibility is to NOT have mandated bullshit from Todd Greenberg f**king up the game.
Yeah we have to wait. The players got a pay rise because they wanted to be partners in the game.

This is apparently hurting the game.

So take some f**king responsibility.
More horse shit. Responsibility.
Starts with a WWE analogy and then starts going on about responsibility.

OldPanther

Coach
Oh so now its let the players do whatever you want, you are a hyperbole machine.
The responsibility is to NOT have mandated bullshit from Todd Greenberg f**king up the game.

More horse shit. Responsibility.
Starts with a WWE analogy and then starts going on about responsibility.

You must be a troll.

Spot On

Coach
Damn M2D2 - grab that bong again brother.

More relaxation needed. You are on a hiding to nothing in here and not making sense whatsoever.

It's almost like you don't know what the game of rugby league should look like when officiated properly and not being controlled by the players. I'm guessing you've been brought up on the Melbourne Storm game plan and not seen much of the different eras before the wrestle began????

Clifferd

Coach
I missed the game last night and just finished watching it on replay specifically looking at every penalty and as much as I hate Checcin besides the Slater dive I thought every one was warranted. In fact I applaud the NRL for finally instructing the refs to heavily police the speed of the ruck and the 10 m. It's no surprise that the Storm who are the masters of the slow play the ball struggled in this game. Hopefully the refs stick with this for the rest of the season.

Credit goes to you. That game was bloody awful I think I need to erase my memory from last night

M2D2

Bench
You must be a troll.
Yeah im the troll, youre the one who made an incorrect WWE analogy and is going off about responsibility and spouts nothing but hyperbole and bullshit. But im the troll.

Its funny, the game has spent over 100 years niggling and trying to take advantage of the rules.
But now because some teams got better at it, and the referees got shitter.
And the people you want to put in charge of changing the state of the game in this pie in the sky fantasy land, is the refs, which have turned the game into a unwatchable shitfight where teams are just taking the penalty goals instead of going for attacking points while not even pinpointing the cleaning up of the ruck and forward passes out of dummy half, Both of which had so many calls let go that it wasnt funny, but rather the 10 meters, backchat, and making sure your foot touches the ball, even though the rule is attempt to touch the foot.

But im the troll.
Damn M2D2 - grab that bong again brother.

More relaxation needed. You are on a hiding to nothing in here and not making sense whatsoever.

It's almost like you don't know what the game of rugby league should look like when officiated properly and not being controlled by the players. I'm guessing you've been brought up on the Melbourne Storm game plan and not seen much of the different eras before the wrestle began????
Im making plenty of sense, some people just refuse to see it because "Oh it will be good the players/coaching will learn"
Hasnt worked, ever. Will never work, ever.
You have lost touch with reality and the game itself. You have become the alt account shit posters who think up new and shit ways to ruin the game.
And once again people are going back to the wrestle. EVEN WHEN THATS NOT EVEN WHAT THEY ARE f**kING TARGETING.
If they were targeting cleaning up the ruck, i would have no problem.
If they were targeting backchat, good, if you want to mouth off at the ref while you have the ball and get told to play it back at your mark, all for that.
What they are doing is bumping up the penalty count to unwatchable levels.

Im done talking about this.
Sick of reading idiots wanting the game to die. I ignored Perth Red for a f**king reason.

Latest posts