What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

shiznit

Coach
Yeah but Parker has struggled to outbox Takam and Ruiz Jr while taking plenty of punishment himself. Tua would lay him out sooner or later if Parker fought him like that.

Don't get me wrong Parker has tools that Tua never had. The problem is I don't think he has been taught how to use those attributes. Everybody mentions speed but you never see him come in, do his work and get out. Takam and Ruiz both caught him over and over after he'd come in and landed on them.

He needs a new trainer to coach him to utilise his strengths. While he is not at the level of Wlad and Lewis they both had similar changes around this stage of their career. Too bad Manny Steward isn't around anymore.
I agree that he would benefit greatly by changing camps... I said that awhile ago... he’s stagnated...

I think his hand speed is something nobody in the division has... the problem is he’s been coming in too heavy.

It’s almost like they have been searching for this one punch power but it’s offset his natural hand speed.

If I was looking at a trainer for him... id look at someone who normally trains lighter guys... someone who can train him almost like a Mexican fighter.

Someone who has the skills and the knowledge to develop JP’s power without taking away his speed...

Abel Sanchez... he’s a guy that could teach Parker that Mexican style... the only issue with him is he trains Andy Ruiz so may not want to take on another HW.

Robert Garcia also... he’s a great trainer for quicker guys.

If his health allows it... Freddie Roach... the work he did with Manny but also some other European guys who were not seen as big punchers but developed them to the point they were knocking guys out...

There’s guys out there...

shiznit

Coach
Both guys weighed in about 12lbs lighter than their last fights...

That’s a really good sign for Joshua... he looks lean and hopefully for him translates to speed and movement.

If Parker can hang in long enough not to get blasted out in the early rounds... We could be in for a hell of a fight 2moro morning...

shiznit

Coach
Parker to get knocked out by the 6th
Your probably pretty close to being on the money there.

I think most people have JP being overwhelmed by the middle rounds.

I’d be interested to see what happens if JP takes AJ’s best shot and shakes it off and keeps coming forward.

No ones been able to take AJ’s power so AJ could panic if he feels he doesn’t have the power to finish it.

Considering JP hasn’t even been knocked down let alone been knocked out in his career there’s a decent chance of it happening.

It’s a good fight though... between 2 of the best 3 HW’s on the planet.

And until David Nyika turns pro the best chance of a HW from NZ/AUS being the baddest man on the planet.

Last edited:
Your probably pretty close to being on the money there.

I think most people have JP being overwhelmed by the middle rounds.

I’d be interested to see what happens if JP takes AJ’s best shot and shakes it off and keeps coming forward.

Considering JP hasn’t even been knocked down let alone been knocked out in his career there’s a decent chance of it happening.
I like both guys and can't tell who I want to win. AJ winning and really becoming a star probably helps boxing more

shiznit

Coach
I like both guys and can't tell who I want to win. AJ winning and really becoming a star probably helps boxing more
I think AJ is already a superstar...

I think a good showing for JP will launch him into a star...

There could be some great fights in the division for the future...

I don’t know about Lucas Browne anymore... he looked pretty bad vs Whyte... but there was always a lot of talk of Browne v Parker as it would sell well down under...

I think AJ is already a superstar...

I think a good showing for JP will launch him into a star...

There could be some great fights in the division for the future...

I don’t know about Lucas Browne anymore... he looked pretty bad vs Whyte... but there was always a lot of talk of Browne v Parker as it would sell well down under...
Only boxing fans know Browne as far as I can tell and if Parker does well he shouldn't be fighting the likes of Browne

shiznit

Coach
Although we all know how weak the division is. Browne switches on and has a few good fights and he's up there
I was really disappointed in Browne... he looked overweight and sloppy.

I was also disappointed in his tactics... he talked in the build up that all he needed to do was land that one punch...

And he fought like it. It was just limited... you need to be more than just a slugger at the top of the division...

shiznit

Coach
YES.

So much YES

DUCO is a bloody embarrassment
I get why you would say that...

But you gotta give it to Duco... they have managed to get both Parker and Horn world titles... and they’ve got Parker a massive opportunity in the UK vs Joshua and Horn a massive shot vs Crawford in Vegas.

Pretty f**king impressive for an Australasian promoter.

Guys like Mundine talk about scoring that big fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao... these guys actually managed to pul it off...