What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 4: Eels v Tigs - Game Day Thread

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Mannah has to be dropped or learn an offload or short pass before line.
T rex and Terepo showed some grunt

FFS!! 88 metres and 24 tackles in 30mins. It aren't his job to offload / pass, his job is to take a hit up and get a quick play the ball, so our play makers can then attack!! Additionally he needs to defend which he is great at!!

If Mannah was offered to Broncos / storm for $300-50k they would be saying, how quick can you get him here!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jennings is right today .... fat lot of f**king good it did .... he was moved bqck to his favoured side fand glamour puss hayne on his favoured right .... its is absolutely clutching at straws to say that is a clear cut poor decision

Seriously .... hindsight is f**kING AWESOME isnt it!!!!
Exactly. Like team selections are what's wrong with our lack of attention to detail. ffs

Noise

Coach
Seriously if may seem now but we finished 4th last year so what recruitment could we do? It's not like we could sack anyone, fans would be in an uproar (which doesn't mean much) as we finished 4th, but there didn't seem like we needed a massive recruitment campaign either!! On the balance, we added some potential quality within our cap capacity.

Everything is good in hindsight, but BA his brains trust did the best they could. We added a back to replace semi plus a prop to add to our rotation. And gave T-Rex a chance.

Really what would you have done? Who would have sacked ? Signed? For this year?

Now leading into next year is where they should be judged!!

Yea he should be judged on his 6th year lol

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And if we are 0-6 can we have some f**king consensus and admit that BA at least needs some f**king help? Toovey has already stated he would be more than happy with an assistant's gig.
He'll be arseholed before help can be brought in.

Incorrect

Coach
We gifted our opponents cheap possession, which never gave us much of a chance.

It's all very well to say that if we get an even amount of possession that we will go better, but the style of play that we want to play, by getting off the line quickly, is now virtually outlawed in the game. So wanting to play that way is counter intuitive.

If we want to continue to play that style, which is what bought us success last season, then we're going to continue to give away penalties and we're going to continue to lose the posession and field position battle and we'r going to continue to never really being in the contest.

We need to come up with something else than just playing with high intensity and aggressive defence, because along with incorrect play the balls, which was another reason we had success last season, being outlawed, we've now litterall got f**k all of the ingredients that made us successful at the back end of last season.
Yep, we just haven't adapted.

I think we lack leadership/senior players, possibly because of the salary cap TPA stuff and a focus on depth. Moses is too young and new, Norman's a goof, Timmy's too nice, our hookers and fullbacks are not great...

Incorrect

Coach
No Hayne, no Bevan, no Taka. We were up against it today.

I am really disappointed in Norman and Ma’u. They offer nothing at the moment.
Sad thing is, none of those players you mentioned that we are missing get me all that jazzed about our performances improving when they're back...

woddy

Juniors
We look happy to play parraball but not much else enthusiasm for anything else in the game . Tired and slow without the ball .

Noise

Coach
Answer the question, what changes would you have made to the squad from last year to this year?

I have already said from round 1 I would have kept Jennings on the right, Hayne at fullback , French at wing, not signed Evans. Gone after either of:
McLean, packer, matalino, graham (and remember pou reckon origin player Napa is on less than 500k and we signed Evans for 350-400k so we prob could have afforded one of them). That would be a start.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I have already said from round 1 I would have kept Jennings on the right, Hayne at fullback , French at wing, not signed Evans. Gone after either of:
McLean, packer, matalino, graham (and remember pou reckon origin player Napa is on less than 500k and we signed Evans for 350-400k so we prob could have afforded one of them). That would be a start.
That wouldn't have helped at all.