What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita chooses Tonga over NSW

stryker

First Grade
Yeah the funny part is he thinks we cared about his choice. On form, nowhere near the squad. I feel sorry for Tonga to be honest.

King hit

Coach
We can easily cover it. RCG, McLean and Vaughan are all waiting in the wings and are very capable of performing in Origin. Good news for the international game. The more big name players for island countries the better.

kdalymc

Bench
Can still play the other 2 games can’t he?
I mean he’s stil actually eligible yeah?

Eion

First Grade
I couldn't see him making the side anyway. Don't think he had to choose.
Ha! He’s the form prop of the comp and actually can perform on the biggest stage (grand final / SOO) unlike the other powder puffs.

Good on him for following his heart and forgoing the coin.

big hit!

Bench
Ha! He’s the form prop of the comp and actually can perform on the biggest stage (grand final / SOO) unlike the other powder puffs.

let's not get carried away with thinking destroying Nate Myles last series as some thing to be proud of. Nate was clearly on the decline and he (like others for QLD) only got selected in Game 1 on past service rather than ability at the time. When QLD made changes in the middle for Games 2 & 3, Fifita and the other NSW starting middle rotation went to shit in both matches.

and he also kicked up a stink when it was mooted he may have had to start on the bench. Maybe JTrobj and Klemmer benefited from doing their time against the QLD bench middle rotation of Glasby, Papalli and Hess, but it could've been him that looked good and we wouldn't be here saying that Fifita played like a sack of shit when NSW really needed him to lead, as a starting prop needs to.

As it so happens, Klemmer and JTrobj are definitely going to be named this series. There is a BIG ? on Woods, Fifita, and Jackson. Fifita just made one decision easy for Fittler.

OldPanther

Coach

Haha even James Fisher-Harris has played better when at prop. That's not including RCG, Klemmer, Vaughan etc.

Eion

First Grade
let's not get carried away with thinking destroying Nate Myles last series as some thing to be proud of. Nate was clearly on the decline and he (like others for QLD) only got selected in Game 1 on past service rather than ability at the time. When QLD made changes in the middle for Games 2 & 3, Fifita and the other NSW starting middle rotation went to shit in both matches.

and he also kicked up a stink when it was mooted he may have had to start on the bench. Maybe JTrobj and Klemmer benefited from doing their time against the QLD bench middle rotation of Glasby, Papalli and Hess, but it could've been him that looked good and we wouldn't be here saying that Fifita played like a sack of shit when NSW really needed him to lead, as a starting prop needs to.

As it so happens, Klemmer and JTrobj are definitely going to be named this series. There is a BIG ? on Woods, Fifita, and Jackson. Fifita just made one decision easy for Fittler.
If Fittler wanted to win the series he’d select Fifita as one of the starting front rowers. I still would if I was him and tell feefs that if origin conflicts with an international then so be it...he can play for Tonga.

There was no one in decline in the 2016 gf when he was best on park. And he’s the highest scoring prop in the dally ms so far so yo suggest he is out of form is a nonsense.

Eion

First Grade
Haha even James Fisher-Harris has played better when at prop. That's not including RCG, Klemmer, Vaughan etc.
Haha RCG running at 40 metres less a game. 0.5 vs 2.8 tackle busts. 0 vs 2.3 offloads. That’ll really bust Queensland open!

big hit!

Bench
If Fittler wanted to win the series he’d select Fifita as one of the starting front rowers. I still would if I was him and tell feefs that if origin conflicts with an international then so be it...he can play for Tonga.

There was no one in decline in the 2016 gf when he was best on park. And he’s the highest scoring prop in the dally ms so far so yo suggest he is out of form is a nonsense.

he was selected last series.......didn't win the series. caused a ruckus when Daley mooted he may start on the bench for strategic reasons.

NSW don't need blokes who don't think about the overall NSW cause. Fittler has to bin the old guard who have fostered their losing culture, and look to the future and stamp his authority on it. Clean it out!

Eion

First Grade
he was selected last series.......didn't win the series. caused a ruckus when Daley mooted he may start on the bench for strategic reasons.

NSW don't need blokes who don't think about the overall NSW cause. Fittler has to bin the old guard who have fostered their losing culture, and look to the future and stamp his authority on it. Clean it out!
The only quotes from Fifita or Daley is that neither had a problem with the other.

There’s been plenty of reasons why we haven’t won much, the least of these is Fifita. He has managed to just about singlehandedly win a game all by himself.

Anyway I’m happy he’s playing for the sharks.

betcats

Referee
Im glad this 2 game wonder isn't available for NSW tbh, he seriously got tackled out of games 2 and 3 last year by Jarrod Wallce.

Eion

First Grade
NSW would be mad to not pick him in game 1 and game 3 and forever. They aren’t picking him because they are having the sooks he has chosen country honours over NSW in game 2? Petulant amateurs.

Love ya feefs ya big galoot.