What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 4: Eels v Tigs - Game Day Thread

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I totally disagree about Moses being dropped. He might miss tackles but he has a go in attack and looks for options. Norman on the other hand looks totally disinterested and needs to pull his finger out and do something.

On yesterday's game, they again shot themselves in the foot with their poor attitude. They looked good early when Smith scored but again straight after the kick off there was a silly pass from Brown (I think?) and their hands went down after that.

They might've woken themselves up late in the second half but it was too late. They should've woken themselves up once the Tigers scored first.

I again question their fitness, after 20 minutes they looked buggered and some players looked like they gave up. Whatever they did during the off season obviously failed and whoever is the fitness coach needs to be sacked.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Moses ——> Norman

Moses did miss a few tackles yesterday but at least he had a dig and showed some ticker, Norman looks like he doesn’t give a f**k
This x10000000

BA needs to grow a pair and drop Norman, Yeah Moses missed a few tackles but at least he was having a go. Norman couldn’t give a f**k at all.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This x10000000

BA needs to grow a pair and drop Norman, Yeah Moses missed a few tackles but at least he was having a go. Norman couldn’t give a f**k at all.

we have a ready made replacement, he just aint fit yet

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah my thoughts too. Unfortunately his injury isnt helping and he is still pretty young.

I havent seen him play. I just feel he is going to be good for no reason at all.

I also liked G.Jennings effort. Could be polished into a first grader.

emjaycee

Coach
Based on who we know is available.

1. Norman
2. Gennings
3. Jennings
4. Kirisone
5. Hoffman
6. Smith
7. Moses
8. Mannah
9. Pritchard
10. Brown
11. Tepai
12. Niukore
13. Stone

14. Alvaro
15. Edwards
16. Terepo
17. Williams

macnaz

Staff member
So what we get a bad call...Tough teams hang in and regain momentum. We dont.
Mentally weak
Correct
Not having a go at Parra , but the tigers were 9-1 down in the penalty count in the 2nd half against the Storm but still guts out a win.
Not sure whats happened with you guys but that grit and playing for one another has gone walk about...

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
We are too predictable. The opposition have easily worked our attack out with one out hit ups and the same sweeping back line after 3 hit ups in attacking zone. It' so predictable and boring as shit to watch.

They need to vary up their options in attack and this is Arthurs job but I think he is not a very good coach.

forward pass

Coach
We are too predictable. The opposition have easily worked our attack out with one out hit ups and the same sweeping back line after 3 hit ups in attacking zone. It' so predictable and boring as shit to watch.

They need to vary up their options in attack and this is Arthurs job but I think he is not a very good coach.

Don't agree with the bit about BA - but the rest I agree with. We really aren't playing any footy at all. 4 hit-ups and then one play to attack. Then a (usually poor) kick. Nathan Brown has become a battering ram and we have no offloads - no 2nd phase play at all. The only decent offload yesterday went to Will Smith who spilled it as he wasn't expecting it. Sums us up really.

When we were behind v Sharks with a couple of minutes to go - we still just took hitup after hitup. I couldn't believe it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You poor bastards have enough to deal with. We are not completely heartless.

Warmed my heart to see one of Mitchells patented extragavant diving one handed "see I tried to tackle him" efforts as Eisenhuth walked over though. Capped off a fine day.
Moses smashed Lawrence one-on-one on his line. He has no problem putting his body in front of runners. But that play he was too focused on getting to Brooks out the back. That sums our team up at the moment - looking for the big play rather than the necessary one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This x10000000

He missed three tackles. Twelve (of 32) other halves missed at least that many this weekend.