What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The RLIF mid season test shambles

roughyedspud

Coach
I see the cricket have lost by 492run..

Can I say...as a nation,a culture,Australia needs a massive attitude adjustment..

And I'm not your usual whinging pom,my brother & sister are Australian,born and raised mt Dandenong,vic, and I'll end my days on the northern beaches...

But this win at all costs & insular attitude has to stop...it's doing you no favours.

clarency

Juniors
Presumably this same argument can be narrowed down even further to not giving Perth or Adelaide a team, if they can’t produce a squad of 25 pros instantly then they’re of no use.

It doesn't necessarily apply there as creating teams in Perth and Adelaide make them part of the NRL, and it then becomes in their best interest to see them succeed.

But there are other reasons why they are being ignored.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Christophe Jouffret had once said that despite RU and Vichy influence, it was French RL that did not capitalise on opportunities they did have - rather than focusing on what was taken away.

I can’t help be think that we may be in a similar time whereby future generations will talk about the missed opportunity.

70k at Old Trafford 2013 WC Final
50k at Suncorp 2017 WC Final
And the sport just never really kicked on.

Springs09

Juniors
Christophe Jouffret had once said that despite RU and Vichy influence, it was French RL that did not capitalise on opportunities they did have - rather than focusing on what was taken away.

I can’t help be think that we may be in a similar time whereby future generations will talk about the missed opportunity.

*40k at Suncorp

We can say now that the sport hasn't kicked on since 2013 WC. 2014 4N was good, 2015 & 2016 were rubbish and 2017 should have been a lot bigger and likely would have been complete shit if not for Tonga & PNG.

adamkungl

Immortal

Yep. Too many in this sport rather play victim than put in hard yards. Ingrained mentality.

France were a competitive force immediately after WW2 ended and through to the 70s, before sputtering out in the 80s and fading completely in the 90s. Decades of competing at the highest level before blowing it.