What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 4: Eels v Tigs - Game Day Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only difference between Burgess and Packer was the eye contact. The both lead with their elbows into the heads of the defenders.

Just saying that if you a serious about game related brain injuries then leading with elbow to the head intentional or not is bad for a defender and he will get time.

An attacker however is judged on his intent.

Inconsistent if you ask me.
It’s a good point. Accidental head high from a defender is penalised while from an attacker it’s ‘just an accident’. It’s also an accident by the defender FFS!

Gronk

Staff member
It’s a good point. Accidental head high from a defender is penalised while from an attacker it’s ‘just an accident’. It’s also an accident by the defender FFS!

Meanwhile Kenny Edwards gets penalised for an unintentional high tackle on Twal that bounced off his collar bone and ended up brushing his neck. Yes it should have been penalised bc the rule is that the defender cannot mess with the neck or head. Period.

Packer hits Kaysa's jaw with the point of his elbow and nothing. It's unintentional and therefore falls in the same category as a head clash.

Weird.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tigers score how many points in last 3 games prior to eels game?

Some seem to be missing the point. Apparently worse attack in league.
Also apparently the best defence yet they conceded four tries. A sample of three just became a sample of four and everything changed.

We scored as many tries as our previous three games put together.

Tiger5150

Bench
+DELETED POST+

Thought it was funny at the time, probably not and potentially offensive. Not my intention.

Last edited:

Tiger5150

Bench
+DELETED POST+

Thought it was funny at the time, probably not and potentially offensive. Not my intention.

Last edited:

Latest posts