What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 4: Eels v Tigs - Game Day Thread

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Apparently Mitchell was "instructing" Kenny to do something similar to him. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Each to their own I say. Love is Love.
Clearly you have an issue with homosexuality, otherwise you wouldn't have specifically mentioned it.

Tiger5150

Bench
Went back and edited my last few posts because I probably went a step too far. Believe it or not Im just here for some light hearted banter and my last few posts were not that. I dont want to stink up your lovely forum more than I have.

Bazal & Gary Gutful, up to you if you edit your response posts.

Can I go now?

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not at all, I didnt bring it up. Bazal said it was an instruction from Mitchell to Kenny. I have zero problem with it. The middle of ANZ in front of 30,000 people when you have a match to win might not be the time and place.

Can I go now?
Yeah. Please go.

We don’t like gay bashers bashing our gay football side.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mitchell just wishes he had mates.

I know the way he left the Tigers left a sour taste in the Tigers fans' mouths- and fair enough.

But I put it to you that if Andrew Johns, or Jonathan Thurston, did that, that people would praise their passion, and desire to win.

Obviously, Moses is nowhere near that level - but I, for one, applaud his "petulant" attitude.

If Moses, as the halfback, identifies a weakness in the defensive line, and the opportunity slips by because the tackled player takes too long to play the ball, I fully expect him to have a go at his teammate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At halftime Moses was interviewed as he left the field. He identified the main problem being conceding offside penalties in the opposition half. He was interviewed again after the game and said the same thing, then Arthur mentioned it in the presser. Some of our team are too concerned with getting one over the opposition with a big hit or even just getting up slowly to play the ball while eyeballing merkins. We need professionalism not aggro. If you play tough and get the little things right the opportunities to inflict some pain will come.

Discipline isn't just about getting tied up and degraded by 40 year old prostitutes. It also refers to doing the one percenters instead of looking for the big play in attack or defence.

betcats

Referee
I know the way he left the Tigers left a sour taste in the Tigers fans' mouths- and fair enough.

But I put it to you that if Andrew Johns, or Jonathan Thurston, did that, that people would praise their passion, and desire to win.

Obviously, Moses is nowhere near that level - but I, for one, applaud his "petulant" attitude.

If Moses, as the halfback, identifies a weakness in the defensive line, and the opportunity slips by because the tackled player takes too long to play the ball, I fully expect him to have a go at his teammate.

If Jt or Johns did it at the start of their careers I doubt they’d be applauded, later in their careers of course, but by then they had earned that respect. Moses hasn’t earned or done anything in the nrl, he is a weak defender who was not trying at all at the tigers last season but yeah he’s so passionate. Everything he does just looks petulant and bratty.

hindy111

Post Whore
Also apparently the best defence yet they conceded four tries. A sample of three just became a sample of four and everything changed.

We scored as many tries as our previous three games put together.

Yes.... Butn3 tries when had 24 point lead with 14 to go

Eelementary

Post Whore
If Jt or Johns did it at the start of their careers I doubt they’d be applauded, later in their careers of course, but by then they had earned that respect. Moses hasn’t earned or done anything in the nrl, he is a weak defender who was not trying at all at the tigers last season but yeah he’s so passionate. Everything he does just looks petulant and bratty.

I get that - but to me, he's trying to win.

I don't think he's doing it as a, "f**k you - I'm better than you," but more like a, "Come on! Hurry up! If you pull your finger put, we can win the game!"

He's definitely a weak defender, and a little petulant - but I have no problem with him yelling at a teammate to hurry up when playing the ball - especially when the coach has also mentioned that we need to improve in that area.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes.... Butn3 tries when had 24 point lead with 14 to go
It doesn’t matter how much you’re up by. Nobody wants the opposition to have all the ball. We stopped conceding penalties and their luck ran out. That didn’t happen in the Brookvale game.

betcats

Referee
I get that - but to me, he's trying to win.

I don't think he's doing it as a, "f**k you - I'm better than you," but more like a, "Come on! Hurry up! If you pull your finger put, we can win the game!"

He's definitely a weak defender, and a little petulant - but I have no problem with him yelling at a teammate to hurry up when playing the ball - especially when the coach has also mentioned that we need to improve in that area.

Yeah I think it was just out of frustration and the desire to win I don’t think he was being deliberately petulant or anything but will see it that was because he has earned a rep of being petulant etc

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah I think it was just out of frustration and the desire to win I don’t think he was being deliberately petulant or anything but will see it that was because he has earned a rep of being petulant etc

That's true.

I see that he has a childish reputation, and it's his own fault.

Frankly, I wish more players in Eels colours displayed Moses' desire to win.