What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Storm @ Mt Smart Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Seriously, if this team had any more guts they would need to see a proctologist because it would be hanging out of their bum.

Rhyno

First Grade
by the sounds of this thread no tigers "fans" even bothered watching because they thought it would be a thrashing

simmo05

Bench
Godinet is a decent backup, thats it. His service from dummy half was atrocious. And whats with the 2 steps before passing? Pass the damn ball from the ground!
Godinet out, Benji to the bench, Josh 5/8. ET in for Aioli. Packer looked busted though, see how it pans out i suppose.

2141 fella

Juniors
by the sounds of this thread no tigers "fans" even bothered watching because they thought it would be a thrashing
Lol. Trash person, supports a trash team, and your 22-0 or wtf it was is just more trashness from you.
Get off our winners forum Owen.
Owen 4 so far, but Owen 5 Sunday night.
Go find that other losing disappearing moron razor Ramon and GFY.
Enjoy writing off your season after just 1 month.
Oh, and enjoy the special things Mitchy brings to the table.
The bottom of the table :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

magpie4ever

First Grade
It is a long season and I'm sure Ivan will need to give most guys (reverse grade) a run throughout the year.

The performance of your reverse grade (and individual performance within that team) really goes a long way to where your top grade finishes.

stryker

First Grade
For those wanting a run down here is my take...
A dreadful game of footy that had every possible fvckup you could think of occur during it. Marshal played a 2/10 game but wasnt the worst on field. Poor young Brodie Croft was worse. An unacceptable amount of unforced errors from seasoned veterans like Marshal and Matulino almost cost us the game. Our defence was great again but our attack was pedestrian reserve grade garbage.

Brooks and Rowdy won us the game and Alioia played strongly. Dummy half service was attrocious yet we hung in there through committed scramble defence. Pretty much what we have done all year.

Its amazing to be 4 and 1 when we havent played well in any game yet...frustrating to watch but happy with the W.

stryker

First Grade
IC has some big decisions to make really soon.

1. Fonua and Nofo are killing it on the wings and give great go forward.
2. ET comes back soon. Aloiai was great today but he played up the middle. Packer and Matulino as starting props. ET as starting lock. The bench to me should be two middle players, chee-kam and Liddle. That means one of Eisenhuth, Aloiai or Twal miss out on a spot. I think you have to play Aloiai because he has the best leg drive out of all our props and he can pull off a hit. Twal or Eisenhuth have to go to reserve grade.
3. Reynolds coming back. Assuming he plays off the bench then do you sack Godinet.

We have a lot of depth and that creates selection headaches.
You would demote Twal and Eiso? They both shit all over "packerlino".

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
It wasn't a great spectacle of a game, but enjoyable due to the win. Matulino & Benji made a couple of poor errors at crucial times, but we wouldn't have won without them. Benji's clutch field goal was brilliant, in the past I'm sure he'd have gone for a miracle try & left it till the last minute to try for a field goal. Tonight he took the opportunity when it presented itself & he won us the game. Godinet's service is not up to scratch, our forwards looked much better with quicker play the balls & more metres when Liddle came on & gave quicker service. He needs to come off the bench for a while longer in my opinion though. The defence of the first 20 minutes would really dull his attack.
Attack was still pretty scratchy, but that's to be expected when you play Melbourne, their attack may be floundering but their defence is still top notch. The ref's let them get away with a bit more in the ruck tonight as well. Reynolds needs to come back into first grade through reserves so I probably wouldn't be making any changes next week if he is fit. But rotating him & Benji between 6 & 9 during the game is probably what I would do. MWZ doesn't let anyone down in defence but his attack & tackle busts are non existant, I'd be giving Nofo a shot & if he doesn't aim up in defence he goes back to reserves.
Brooks is going great guns, he or Lawrence was my choice for man of the match. It's amazing what a decent coach can do for a player. The forward pack I'm not sure what I'd do, but that's why Cleary gets paid the big bucks. ET needs to come back in & we need a little more starch when Packer & Matulino go off.

simmo05

Bench
You would demote Twal and Eiso? They both shit all over "packerlino".
Yeah nah. Mutts was bad today, but they add starch and aggression, packer especially. I wouldnt mind mutts off the bench again to lead when packer comes off.

magpie4ever

First Grade
It wasn't a great spectacle of a game, but enjoyable due to the win. Matulino & Benji made a couple of poor errors at crucial times, but we wouldn't have won without them. Benji's clutch field goal was brilliant, in the past I'm sure he'd have gone for a miracle try & left it till the last minute to try for a field goal. Tonight he took the opportunity when it presented itself & he won us the game. Godinet's service is not up to scratch, our forwards looked much better with quicker play the balls & more metres when Liddle came on & gave quicker service. He needs to come off the bench for a while longer in my opinion though. The defence of the first 20 minutes would really dull his attack.
Attack was still pretty scratchy, but that's to be expected when you play Melbourne, their attack may be floundering but their defence is still top notch. The ref's let them get away with a bit more in the ruck tonight as well. Reynolds needs to come back into first grade through reserves so I probably wouldn't be making any changes next week if he is fit. But rotating him & Benji between 6 & 9 during the game is probably what I would do. MWZ doesn't let anyone down in defence but his attack & tackle busts are non existant, I'd be giving Nofo a shot & if he doesn't aim up in defence he goes back to reserves.
Brooks is going great guns, he or Lawrence was my choice for man of the match. It's amazing what a decent coach can do for a player. The forward pack I'm not sure what I'd do, but that's why Cleary gets paid the big bucks. ET needs to come back in & we need a little more starch when Packer & Matulino go off.

Sui, maybe.