What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last 3 spots

the beavers

Juniors
am i correct in thinking we now have 3 spots to fill in our top squad before June 30?
If so who?
I don’t know what our cap space is like or even what’s available.
The only position I see needing real attention is a top tier centre/fullback

Shredder

Juniors
We dont NEED to buy anyone. We can promote and spend the cap by forward paying.

We are going well, no question, why would you mess with that?

Id leave it and keep cash in the bank for a serious buy next year.

the beavers

Juniors
We have to fill the spots
Agree with promoting and keeping cash in the bank but I guess if we have to go shopping are there any good/ potential buys out there

Clifferd

Coach
We dont NEED to buy anyone. We can promote and spend the cap by forward paying.

We are going well, no question, why would you mess with that?

Id leave it and keep cash in the bank for a serious buy next year.

Garner is worth promoting to the top squad imo

Can’t think of anyone else atm

Vic Mackey

Referee
Garner is worth promoting to the top squad imo

Can’t think of anyone else atm

Agree, no one else stands outs. Plus it would make sense for it to be a center since we’ve released Suli and Milne.

It’s all well and good to say you want someone but they need to be released from their current club. Having a look through nsw cup teams there isn’t much around. Honestly, the only center running around worth looking at would be Blake Ayshford.

Last edited:

tiger102

Juniors
We still need a center for this year so maybe worth looking at guys like Tom Opacic,Braidon Burns, Cole Waaka and Reuben Garrick. You never know we could hit paydirt with one of these guys.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We still need a center for this year so maybe worth looking at guys like Tom Opacic,Braidon Burns, Cole Waaka and Reuben Garrick. You never know we could hit paydirt with one of these guys.
If only Chris McQueen was quick enough to play in the centres.

Shredder

Juniors
The cap is just calculated on our 30 most expensive players.
We dont need to hire, OR increase salary of anyone.

We do NEED to spend I think its 95% of the cap.

Prepay Mats and Packer (they aint going anywhere) and save the cap space for next year.

Tiger05

First Grade
No to moving Lawrence. He has been killing it all season. Leave him where he is.

super_coach

First Grade
Badly need a quality no1, but don't see any who are likely to be available for a mid season transfer. Like other have said, if we need 30 players on NRL contracts, than you just upgrade contracts from your feeder team. Give them a 12month contract on a basic NRL salary. It will be more than they get now and give them some incentive to impress. Of course if a class player was out of favour at another club it would be worth a shot but only if he was a 100% walk up start into the top grade

We do need a centre or two. Fullback I am not too concerned as Thompson is very capable back there. A great runner, a better defender and marshalls the line better IMO. I don't know what the answer is with Tui, I wonder if he lost a bit of jelly would he be quick enough to play in the centres.

Also read somewhere Sironen is still on our books this year so can also be counted under our 30.

Shredder

Juniors
I wouldnt mind running Tui at Centre TBH. Hes played there before and has to be in the team somewhere for his goal kicking. His defence is acceptable and his slightly bigger frame works better in the D-line rather than behind it.

I wouldnt mind running Tui at Centre TBH. Hes played there before and has to be in the team somewhere for his goal kicking. His defence is acceptable and his slightly bigger frame works better in the D-line rather than behind it.

Yeah he'll need reasonable lateral movement in the line though.

the beavers

Juniors
Read a few places we are talking to Oliver Gildard from Wigan.- centre
Unsure if it’s for this season
Any one seen him play?