What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Storm @ Mt Smart Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Reynolds will be back next week too remember. He’ll probs be there abouts

1. Lolohea
2. Thompson
3. Marsters
4. Naiquama
5. Nofoluama/MWZ
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks
8. Einsenhuth
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Rochow
13. Taylor

14. Marshall
15. Twal
16. Aloiai
17. Chee Kam

Reynolds to replace Liddle after 20-25 mins and Marshall to come into the halves

Is what I feel might happen

I reckon this is a good team but Packer has to be there. I reckon Packer has been great.

Das Hassler

Bench
Nathan Cleary followed by daylight.

You missed my point....i"m not comparing them only that it's a given that Brook's attack and control is developing rapidly....his defence is already second to none for a half and pretty soon it will be hard for I.C. to make a case for replacing Brooks beyond wanting his son in and still mainting team harmony if Brooks was punted if he was playing consistently VERY well....Stirling and Fittler among others seem to be seeing all the right things so far. I'm just pointing out that Ivan may find himself in a tricky situation and if that ends up the case the rumblings will start if he brings Nathan across if there's no obvious deficiency in Brooks game...again..not now ..but down the track

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Brooks is easily our most improved player this year so far

It’d be hard to not re-sign him if he keeps this form up, especially with the likes of Fitler, Johns and Sterling talking him up

simmo1

First Grade
Sorry mate I don't agree. Packer and Mats have to be there, ET is starting lock, Twal and Hazelwood on the bench. Aloiai has to be there for his impact and we'll likely carry Reynolds on the bench when he is ready to go (I don't believe Benji will be moved.)

Hazelwood coming off an ordinary tour of RSA. I'd start him in NSW cup before I put him in first grade.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watching the eels/panthers game and a lot of them run backwards into the opposition in attack, just like Woods use to. But I haven't noticed that we do it anymore?
Moses is having a blinder....NOT:D Though to be fair, none of the eels are.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I didn’t miss ur point.What I meant was that it isn’t that difficult a decision coz signing Nathan should remain a priority coz he’s a complete player & currently way ahead of Brooks as a game manager.Nathan is a precocious talent who has been producing the goods consistently.Yes Brooks had a super game y’day & has been good this season but he needs to b competent for the whole season & additionally I’d like to c him outdo Benji as a game manager over the course of the season.

I’m liking what I’m seeing from Brooks & a great fit for us in a few yrs assuming Brooks continues on an upwards trajectory could certainly be Cleary at 7 & Brooks at 6.It may very well be a premiership winning halves combination in the future.

Btw it was Benji’s control that won us the 1st 2 matches.I wouldn’t say that Brooks’s control is improving rapidly after 1 super effort y’day.I will reserve judgement till seasons end.

In IC we trust !

IC has mentioned that he would like to coach his son at some point in time,if we are to keep our current coach, I’d say we would have to seriously consider recruiting Nathan.

Tiger Ted

Bench
IC has mentioned that he would like to coach his son at some point in time,if we are to keep our current coach, I’d say we would have to seriously consider recruiting Nathan.
My only concern is the bondi effluent throwing a gargantuan amt of money at IC & son albeit the cleary’s r very principled the predatory rorters do have the wherewithal to make negotiations difficult for us.The fact their contracts don’t end simultaneously(IC’s is 1 yr later than son)won’t deter the grubs from the east from moving heaven & earth to entice them to the dark side.

Das Hassler

Bench
My only concern is the bondi effluent throwing a gargantuan amt of money at IC & son albeit the cleary’s r very principled the predatory rorters do have the wherewithal to make negotiations difficult for us.The fact their contracts don’t end simultaneously(IC’s is 1 yr later than son)won’t deter the grubs from the east from moving heaven & earth to entice them to the dark side.

Always possible but i wouldnt underestimate Ivan's pride in his accomplishments thus far and sticking it up those that were having a laugh at his vision for the place. ..remember Gould's.." Ivan Cleary is the man for the job but i'm not sure that Wests Tigers are the club that Ivan should be taking on at this stage of his career"....meaning...." i ( who knows you better than you do) let you go because you were burnt out and you go and take on THIS ?! "
As i said...i wouldn't underestimate the power of Ivan's ownership of what he's accomplishing here.
Having said that Nathan's signature in '19 would seal the deal with dad for sure[/QUOTE]

For those who don't know the nswrl.com.au site names a NSW Team of the Week each week. It's not the ISP comp players but NRL players eligible to play for NSW. This weeks team had the following No 7.

7 – LUKE BROOKS (C)
CLUB: WESTS TIGERS; ORIGIN APPEARANCES: 0; 2018 TOTW SELECTIONS: 0.
One try-assist, two line-breaks, eight tackle-breaks, one line-break assist, one offload, 311 kick-metres.

Good to see and congrats to him.

Eisenhuth & Rochow have previously made the teams this year as reserves.

Clifferd

Coach
For those who don't know the nswrl.com.au site names a NSW Team of the Week each week. It's not the ISP comp players but NRL players eligible to play for NSW. This weeks team had the following No 7.

7 – LUKE BROOKS (C)
CLUB: WESTS TIGERS; ORIGIN APPEARANCES: 0; 2018 TOTW SELECTIONS: 0.
One try-assist, two line-breaks, eight tackle-breaks, one line-break assist, one offload, 311 kick-metres.

Good to see and congrats to him.

Eisenhuth & Rochow have previously made the teams this year as reserves.

That’s huge

Some of the things we were so critical of, ie his kicking game, 5th tackle options and defense have now become some of his more stronger assets

Can he do it all season though?

Edit: it’s also worth noting he’s our highest Dally M player atm, currently 4th overall in the NRL

Latest posts