What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach (Part Deux)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well there you go, BA is aware we need to strengthen our pack:

"They have identified a need for a big body in the front row and, while there have been suggestions Canberra Raiders prop Junior Paulo wants to return home, the Eels are no closer to finding a solution.

"It would be nice to have a real big body up front but the really good front rowers are taken up and clubs just don't hand over good players for nothing," Arthur said.

"For the last 12 or 18 months we've been on the look to improve that area but we have to make sure we get the right person and also the right people have to be available. You can't just go pluck them from a club.""

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/10...est-i-want-them-to-be-cranky-with-each-other/

TheParraboy

Staff member
We need to find a fringe 1st grader and turn him into a great 1st grader. Like a Paul Vaughn type.

I think we are thinking Evans might develop into something great but not just yet.

Bazal

Post Whore

"They have identified a need for a big body in the front row and, while there have been suggestions Canberra Raiders prop Junior Paulo wants to return home, the Eels are no closer to finding a solution.

"It would be nice to have a real big body up front but the really good front rowers are taken up and clubs just don't hand over good players for nothing," Arthur said.

"For the last 12 or 18 months we've been on the look to improve that area but we have to make sure we get the right person and also the right people have to be available. You can't just go pluck them from a club.""

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/10...est-i-want-them-to-be-cranky-with-each-other/

More f**ken excuses!!!!!!

Just throw money at them f**ken!!!!

84 Baby

Referee
I can't believe we don't have million dollar props to go with our million dollar wingers and million dollar backrowers and million dollar halves and million dollar reserves

Gronk

Staff member
Our NFI coach said:

Good coaches and CEOs with business nous can attract these players. FFS

T.S Quint

Coach
Changed his tune from the pre season when he said he was happy with what we had at the club.............

Yeah because if he says in the preseason "I don't think our forward pack is good enough. They aren't going to compete well," then that would go down a treat, wouldn't it.

What the f**k do you expect him to say, ffs!

T.S Quint

Coach
Honestly I really think half you pricks aren't cut out to be footy fans. You want instant success and to turn around a decade or more of abysmal mismanagement in a few months? Go follow an NRL darling like Melbourne....

All clubs are not created equal. Not a hard thing to understand.

Unless you're a Parra fan, it seems.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah because if he says in the preseason "I don't think our forward pack is good enough. They aren't going to compete well," then that would go down a treat, wouldn't it.

What the f**k do you expect him to say, ffs!
He should fo told the truth and said they are all a pack of Loosers.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
0 from 5 is not great. It’s clearly unacceptable.

But I’m yet to read anything sensible from @TheRam @hineyrulz, @Glenneel or @Avenger on our predicament.

Just unintelligent whiney bullshit where you:

1. Fail to properly explain the reasons for our 0 and 5 start; and
2. Offer ridiculous suggestions that you think will result in inprovements but are just f**ken stupid.

If you are struggling so much you should find another hobby. One that helps you put things into perspective.

T.S Quint

Coach
He should fo told the truth and said they are all a pack of Loosers.

He probably should have just forfeited the season before the first game.

BA: "We're not even going to try until we get a couple of new forwards! See you next year....maybe."

hineyrulz

Post Whore
0 from 5 is not great. It’s clearly unacceptable.

But I’m yet to read anything sensible from @TheRam @hineyrulz, @Glenneel or @Avenger on our predicament.

Just unintelligent whiney bullshit where you:

1. Fail to properly explain the reasons for our 0 and 5 start; and
2. Offer ridiculous suggestions that you think will result in inprovements but are just f**ken stupid.

If you are struggling so much you should find another hobby. One that helps you put things into perspective.
We are 0 and 5 because we are shit, well Duuuuuuuuuhh!!! Grow a brain
@Gary Gutful.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors

So whats his plan B.

He can't just buy a team. He needs to identify talent in the juniors and develop some players.

He is out of his depth big time.

Last edited:

Latest posts