What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown v Wayne Bennett

myrrh ken

First Grade
Who won? Lets call it a draw.

38779B3100000578-3793795-image-m-31_1474076731236.jpg

nathan-brown-coach-of-the-st-george-illawarra-dragons-and-wife-tanya-picture-id71790952

Canard

Immortal
Headlining our least shocking news bulletin: Shameless morons with an axe to grind over Wayne Bennett suddenly find themselves with flexible standards when the low brow rot that is being said about him sits well with them, and I'm someone who wasn't THAT bothered by what Brown said. Wayne has already copped it up and down about his personal life, it's gotta be like water off a ducks back for him at this point, not that that makes it alright or appropriate of course.

You just gotta love these indignant mutts like Kent who ride their moral high horse all the way over the horizon when it comes to Matt Lodge getting a run 3 years after the incident, but when an NRL coach publicly brings the game into disrepute, it's crickets and butterflies.

Can you explain how Brown brought the game into disrepute?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah...I watched the Newcastle press conference and I thought wow Nathan, what you have just done is on par with Matthew Lodge threatening to kill a young family and refusing to pay the compensation years down the track.

Seeing I've now recovered from that outburst of sarcasm, the axe to grind as IBM says about Wayne Bennett for most people (me included) is that he's a hypocritical old f**k who pretends to care about people but after all these years we've finally wised up to his BS and realised he gives no f**k except about Wayne and what makes Wayne look good.

So when he fires a shot and gets one back straight in the nose, or the nuts in this instance, it's justice.

And Brown didn't bring the game into disrepute, f**k me. Maybe he'd have his time again on it but he was clearly angry about the shot that Bennett fired at him and decided, in his wisdom, he wasn't going to sit and cop it. Munters like Wighton and co bring the game into disrepute. Nathan Brown stood up for his town and what he believes in. And why he feels like he needs to apologise to Ikin and his family, the old rooter brought that all on his family so he can do the apologising.

betcats

Referee
Headlining our least shocking news bulletin: Shameless morons with an axe to grind over Wayne Bennett suddenly find themselves with flexible standards when the low brow rot that is being said about him sits well with them, and I'm someone who wasn't THAT bothered by what Brown said. Wayne has already copped it up and down about his personal life, it's gotta be like water off a ducks back for him at this point, not that that makes it alright or appropriate of course.

You just gotta love these indignant mutts like Kent who ride their moral high horse all the way over the horizon when it comes to Matt Lodge getting a run 3 years after the incident, but when an NRL coach publicly brings the game into disrepute, it's crickets and butterflies.

You take moron to new levels. Eat a dick broncos scum.

no name

Coach
Paul Crawley going off on NRL 360 tonight claiming the milf Hunter didn’t leave us in a mess but did a lot for junior development.
His brother Mick Crawley was the coach of our NYC.

Of course he’s going to defend the situation the Knights were in, his brother was part of the system.
All his points are null and void due to conflict of interest.

Spot On

Coach
Paul Crawley views a lot of Rugby League news and issues .......... differently.

Nice to have a balanced approach to these things but some of the stuff both he and Rothfield come up with is good for a laugh and a shake of the head at best.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
His mate Ricky got fined cause he swore and had a go at the refs. Brown had a go at Bennett, so I don't know if there is a rule against that.

Shorty

Staff member
I mean don't even expect any kind of objectivity with Broncos fans and Lodge.
You should see some of the stuff they've written over in their little forum to defend him (right down to thinking the cctv footage wasn't 'that' bad and questioning the level of trauma that child might have).

Truly a bastion of morality.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Of course he’s going to defend the situation the Knights were in, his brother was part of the system.
All his points are null and void due to conflict of interest.

Which part was Paul Crawley wrong bout though?
Kent was put in his place.
Crawley embarrassed Kent with facts.
Crawley has done his research or he just stole what I wrote earlier about in this thread.

Looking back at our salary cap mess.. I can’t completely point the finger at the Milf Hunter.
Mullen and Uate were the two big money earners re-signed under the Milf Hunter.
Mullen was always going to be re-signed.
He was our best player.
Uate at the time was one of the best wingers in the game.

I blame Stone/Hagan for the mess more than the milf Hunter.
Hodkinson, Tariq Sims, Gagay, Sione and his brothers were all signed/re-signed on massive contracts under Stone/Hagan watch.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Crawley has done his research or he just stole what I wrote earlier about in this thread.
Crawley got his research from what you wrote? Wow, that instantly makes him a credible source.

EDIT: Sorry, made a typo. Meant to say that it instantly makes him a two-headed f**kwit broncos supporter who (just like yourself) has somehow managed to fit both heads right up Wayne's wrinkled old arse.

Damn autocorrect!

no name

Coach
Well for starters he claimed everyone was privy to the extent of how f**ked up the Knights were.
He even stated his vested interest which is why he was so emotional.

Exsilium

First Grade
Wayne's smashing box 20 years his junior and getting paid $1,000,000 (minimum) per annum.

I'm sure he's losing sleep over this bullshit...

Twenty years his junior when he’s a fossil is still pretty old.

Latest posts