What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I wasn't coming in for a troll I was being serious!

I think it's what will stop you from taking it out!

If I supported you guys I'd be concerned!

When the Warriors play you guys I reckon Isaac will show McInnes up!

McInnes is quality. He does everything required of him and chooses his moments well. Let's not forget, Cook wasn't a hooker when he was a junior coming through our grades, he was a fullback.

We have enough attacking spark in the backs to get us there.

Forster Dragon

Juniors

McInnes is the best hooker we have had for years.No way would I swap him for Cook.

ALSGI

Bench

I’m more concerned about wether to back Roosters by 20+ or 30+ againgst your team tonight.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Dumb ass. We need a hooker who passes more than he runs. Hunt and Widdop would starve if we had Cook
I think Cook is the form hooker in the comp right now. I think he should be chosen for NSW this year too.

That is no disrespect to McInnes, who I think is playing some good footy. His defence has been great this year, but he lacks the X factor that Cook provides from dummy half.

I doubt that any Souths fans would rather they had McInnes back, instead of Cook.

I'm not a dumbass, I am a smart ass.

st shaneoh

Juniors
I think Cook is the form hooker in the comp right now. I think he should be chosen for NSW this year too.

That is no disrespect to McInnes, who I think is playing some good footy. His defence has been great this year, but he lacks the X factor that Cook provides from dummy half.

I doubt that any Souths fans would rather they had McInnes back, instead of Cook.

Who cares what South's fans think. Smart ass. Do you seriously think any dragons fan would want Cook running more than passing to Hunt or Widdop? Your a dumb ass. That's being kind to your level of intelligence

Frank Facer

First Grade
Who cares what South's fans think. Smart ass. Do you seriously think any dragons fan would want Cook running more than passing to Hunt or Widdop? Your a dumb ass. That's being kind to your level of intelligence
Other Saints fans have also said that they think Cook should be picked for NSW ahead of Mcinnes.

I don't feel the need to resort to calling you names either. lol Maybe I am above you. lol

Rabbits20

Immortal

I never want McInnes back!

Life's Good

Coach
Do you guys miss Damien Cook??

An attacking hooker who has attack and spark with pace may be what stops you guys taking it out actually!
That’s a very fair question but the reality is no.
I’m of the belief that McInnes perfectly compliments our halves. I think McInnes plays a similar game to Andrew McCullough and that is why he works in so well with Hunt who had great combination at the Broncos.
If it was 2 years ago I would have said he was missed but by the same token Cook wasn’t playing as well then as he is now either.
I think for NSW it’s a battle between Cook & Korisau with McInnes & Peats behind them.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting debate this Cook V McInnes.
Depends what your team requires, either a defensive hooker or an attacking hooker.
Cook is an attacking hooker but defensively inefficient.
McInnes is a defensive hooker who needs to attack more.

For example: (2018)
Cook has missed 13 tackles against McInnes 4
Cook tackle efficiency at 87.5% against McInnes 93.6%
Cook conceded 5 penalties against McInnes 2
Cook has 6 errors against McInnes 1
However, on the other side:
Cook averages 94 m/game against McInnes 42
Cook has 3 line breaks against McInnes 0
Cook has 16 tackle breaks against McInnes 6

I suppose looking at the current ladder with Dragons conceding only 12 points per game and scoring at nearly 31 against the Rabbits conceding 17.6 and scoring 20 comes down to the efficiency of the hooker to run, pass and defend. So at this stage of the season I'd take McInnes over Cook because he compliments the players around him, not just himself.

One final comment: Cook has played for 3 clubs now scored 8 try's. McInnes has played for 2 clubs and scored 10 try's.

Old Timer

Coach
Interesting debate this Cook V McInnes.
Depends what your team requires, either a defensive hooker or an attacking hooker.
Cook is an attacking hooker but defensively inefficient.
McInnes is a defensive hooker who needs to attack more.

For example: (2018)
Cook has missed 13 tackles against McInnes 4
Cook tackle efficiency at 87.5% against McInnes 93.6%
Cook conceded 5 penalties against McInnes 2
Cook has 6 errors against McInnes 1
However, on the other side:
Cook averages 94 m/game against McInnes 42
Cook has 3 line breaks against McInnes 0
Cook has 16 tackle breaks against McInnes 6

I suppose looking at the current ladder with Dragons conceding only 12 points per game and scoring at nearly 31 against the Rabbits conceding 17.6 and scoring 20 comes down to the efficiency of the hooker to run, pass and defend. So at this stage of the season I'd take McInnes over Cook because he compliments the players around him, not just himself.

One final comment: Cook has played for 3 clubs now scored 8 try's. McInnes has played for 2 clubs and scored 10 try's.
As long as it ain't Farrar I don't give a shit.
Where are all those f**king wankers that suggested we buy that moron?????

st shaneoh

Juniors
Other Saints fans have also said that they think Cook should be picked for NSW ahead of Mcinnes.

I don't feel the need to resort to calling you names either. lol Maybe I am above you. lol
Your an arse jockey. If you think your above me tell me where your sitting and we will discuss it tomorrow night.