What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW team lists and insults thread 2018

1. James Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Dylan Walker
4. James Roberts
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Luke Keary
7. James Maloney

13. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
11. Angus Crichton
10. Big Jake (c)
9. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer

14. Regean-Campbell Gillard
15. Paul Vaughn
16. Wade Graham
17. Jack Bird

18.Turbo
19. JDB

Move over Cords, there is a new sheriff in town. Why waste time? Big Jake is our best forward and Australian captain in waiting. Give him the C immediately.

NSW doesn't have a decent 9. Pearce has proven he can't win a game for NSW but he'd make a good 9. Take that pressure off him and he will be fine. Best of whats left tbh.

Turbo cover for the backs, JDB cover for the forwards.

Mitchell Pearce has never played hooker in his entire career, and yet you want to pick him at hooker in Origin?! Gee I wonder what could go wrong there :rolleyes:

Fangs

Coach
Mitchell Pearce has never played hooker in his entire career, and yet you want to pick him at hooker in Origin?! Gee I wonder what could go wrong there :rolleyes:

Absolutely nothing.

He would make a great hooker.

And every other hooker nsw has simply won't cut the mustard.

OldPanther

Coach
I don’t think he’ll be selected unless there’s a couple injuries, but it’s amazing what a solid forward pack and a new coach can do to the kids confidence. Also not a shit human to boot like Mitch the tank engine

It's pretty funny. All the talk of the players being partners in the game and off field drama no one mentions what a bloke deliberately throwing games looks like.

Absolutely nothing.

He would make a great hooker.

And every other hooker nsw has simply won't cut the mustard.

I disagree with you there. I would be looking at Cameron McInnes based on his form to date this season.

As to Pearce, playing hooker is different to playing halfback most notably in defence. Players can adjust but some take longer than others. I've probably watched more games Pearce has played than you have and I don't see him making a quick transition to it like you think he will. Further I've seen him make some bad misses in defence, or have his tackles broken. At hooker he would be defending in the centre of the field and not on the right edge. Big difference in that. I'm very much a believer in picking players in their usual positions.

Moylan had never played 5/8 at NRL and walked in and did very well
I disagree with you there. I would be looking at Cameron McInnes based on his form to date this season.

As to Pearce, playing hooker is different to playing halfback most notably in defence. Players can adjust but some take longer than others. I've probably watched more games Pearce has played than you have and I don't see him making a quick transition to it like you think he will. Further I've seen him make some bad misses in defence, or have his tackles broken. At hooker he would be defending in the centre of the field and not on the right edge. Big difference in that. I'm very much a believer in picking players in their usual positions.
Bit different because Moylan is really a 5/8 but he was picked in the halves before ever playing there in the NRL...... and was the first half to create anything in 10 years

Last edited:
Moylan had never played 5/8 at NRL and walked in and did very weel

Bit different because Moylan is really a 5/8 but he was picked in the halves before ever playing there in the NRL...... and was the first half to create anything in 10 years

Your key phrase "before ever playing there in the NRL". That infers (and correct me if I'm wrong) that he played in the halves in the lower grades or junior football. As such it is not as big adjustment as asking a player who his entire career at all levels has played halfback to then play hooker at Origin level. Hookers are amongst the leading tacklers and touch the ball on just about every play when their team has the ball as they play dummy half.

Moylan had never played 5/8 at NRL and walked in and did very weel

Moylan played like a 5/8 at Penrith desipite the number on his back.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Tedesco/Trbjoevic
Ferguson
Roberts
Mitchell
Addo-carr
Green
Maloney
Trbjoevic
?
Lodge
Cordner
Jackson
Graham

Klemmer
Bird
James
Frizzell

SBD82

Coach
After last nights effort, there may have been a big fat line put through tedescos name.

Interesting to see if he can find some form in the next couple of weeks.

Valheru

Coach
Teddy isn't going anywhere near as bad as some people are making out. He was awful in round 1 but has gotten a lot better from there. His stats for the last 2 weeks for example are 339 metres, 12 tackle breaks and 3 line breaks.

it is the general lack of organisation in attack which is making him look bad but that is a roosters problem more than his problem.

Defensively, he has been very good, normally being in the right position and making a number of 1 on 1 tackles. The try where he didn't compete for the ball with GI was a mistake, no idea why he didn't go for it but the other one was all on Robinson, Teddy was crunched in an awkward tackle and folded backwards like a piece of paper and even then he very nearly grounded the ball.

Having said that, if they believe Turbo is their man and they go with him I have no issue there.

adamkungl

Immortal
DaoWJ2cVwAAJ12E.jpg:large