What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

St George Illawarra's Tariq Sims charged for elbowing Chad Townsend in the neck

TruSaint

Referee

Old Timer

Coach
What a lot of shit that charge is
Evidently tacklers don’t have to bend over anymore and they can just run at you chest on and grab you around the neck and shoulders and start wrestling the ball off you and the ball carrier isn’t allowed to brace himself for impact despite the fact you’ve only got one arm to defend yourself with
It will be interesting to see if any shoulder charges are layed from the Storm game last night as there were 2 very blatant ones by Slater
The refereeing is absolute shit,

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Evidently tacklers don’t have to bend over anymore and they can just run at you chest on and grab you around the neck and shoulders and start wrestling the ball iff you and the ball carrier isn’t allowed to brace himself for impact despite the fact you’ve only got one arm to defend yourself with
It will be interesting to see if any shoulder charges are lated from the Storm game last night as there were 2 very blatant ones by Slater

agree OT

What load of Effing crap.
As I said before, Jared W Hardgraves did that every single time he ran the ball for the Roosters the other night, never once even penalised.
Thiaday does the same thing.
We won't even mention the blatant shoulder charge Napa got away with.

As usual one rule for Roosters, Storm, Broncos and another for the rest.

Evidently tacklers don’t have to bend over anymore and they can just run at you chest on and grab you around the neck and shoulders and start wrestling the ball off you and the ball carrier isn’t allowed to brace himself for impact despite the fact you’ve only got one arm to defend yourself with
It will be interesting to see if any shoulder charges are layed from the Storm game last night as there were 2 very blatant ones by Slater

You mention "charges" "Storm" and "slater" in the same sentence, see your mistake there?

st.phil

Bench
Your mate Tariq is doing pretty well eh OT.. :blush:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
So let me get this straight.

A player must run towards numerous opposition and let them hit him.
He cannot under any circumstance, protect himself or fend off an attacker.
He must solely hope the attacker / attackers, play it fair and don't hit him around the head and alike.

Yep ............. that's ok, l can see that, no problem!
The hide of him, fancy that.......... what cheek.
Give him six weeks and be done with him.

The game is going soft, run by self serving idiots, lacking any backbone.
You only have to look at Peter 'Bullsh!t' Beattie ................ I rest my case.

Last edited:

Datramp

Juniors
To be fair I thought he was in trouble as soon as he did it. There is bracing and tben there is attacking with the non ball arm.. Sims did the latter

RufusRex

Post Whore
To be fair I thought he was in trouble as soon as he did it. There is bracing and tben there is attacking with the non ball arm.. Sims did the latter

thought the same - esp after Burgess was charged ... no games missed is good .. the loading etc may hurt us later.

kit66

Bench
I'm convinced refs see everything differently to normal humans. They only see reasons / opportunities to adjudicate. We see Sims aiming to fend off a tackler, Townsend, who you and I know goes in awkwardly and marginally dangerous contact is made. No damage done and not Sims fault but it looks bad so must be penalized / charged, black and white.

Glad someone mentioned Slater - he's still kneeing try scorers in the back but no-one blinks an eye, even the commentators

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
This charge is a load of crap...but as I said last night I knew he would be charged..lucky he didnt have any loading or else he would be gone...hope this doesnt affect Tariqs aggression towards his game....he plays it hard but fair

I'm convinced refs see everything differently to normal humans. They only see reasons / opportunities to adjudicate. We see Sims aiming to fend off a tackler, Townsend, who you and I know goes in awkwardly and marginally dangerous contact is made. No damage done and not Sims fault but it looks bad so must be penalized / charged, black and white.

Glad someone mentioned Slater - he's still kneeing try scorers in the back but no-one blinks an eye, even the commentators

I don't mind the charge, as long as it's consistent, which it's not.

This charge is a load of crap...but as I said last night I knew he would be charged..lucky he didnt have any loading or else he would be gone...hope this doesnt affect Tariqs aggression towards his game....he plays it hard but fair

You think any charge is going to worry a Simms brother, they don't GAF

Old Timer

Coach
Just watching the Eels v Raiders game
Alvaro just got binned but it should have been Scott for filthy play
If they want to have a crack st Sims for trying to protect himself well they want to have a look at Scott who continually lifts his elbow and grinds it into the face and throat of the tackled player
Far more intentional and liable to hurt someone than what Sims and for that matter Burgess did

Latest posts