What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Dragons

Meth

Staff member
Kata and Pulu out

1. Roger Tuivasa-sheck
2. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
3. Peta Hiku
4. David Fusitua
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Blake Green
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Bunty Afoa
9. Issac Luke
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Simon Mannering
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Sam Lisone
16. Isaiah Papalii
17. Ligi Sao

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I’d go with that, possibly swap CNK and Fus though that really depends on what they’ve done in training.
The one thing I think they need to ditch is the back on the bench, I think it made some sense when Simon was injured but his presence in the pack gives us the ability to juggle the backline sufficiently if any of the outside backs goes down (as does Harris with the halves). I’d be running 4 forwards and rotating then constantly to keep them going at 100 miles an hour, which is how our pack has to operate to succeed.

JJ

Immortal
They must have seen something in Gelling though - he can't be as atrocious as his brief appearance?

Where's Ayshford?

Hiku is an awful centre - for such a long time I've hoped he'd be good... but he's just not

TJ64

Juniors
I don’t get the hype re papalii, he’s only had the one OK game vs souths that’s it

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I wonder if Hiku would go good on the left side. If he's right handed then passing left will be a breeze. He might find defending easier too. With Kata out, I'd be tempted to try Hiku on the left if it suits, otherwise Id start Gelling and give him a chance to impress which he hasnt done yet.

Aysh will come in to partner up with Fusitua for me. Johnson/Harris/Aysh appeals to me.

Meth

Staff member
I'd love it if Ayshford were available. I didn't think he was.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Wow, I've been quite impressed with Hiku to be honest. Has had the odd missed tackle, but playing on the side with SJ and Fus they've built a pretty good combo and don't think we should mess with that.

I prefer for us to give CNK an opportunity but surely if we've had Gelling on the bench, he'll come in as a straight swap?

Mannering to come into the starting team, means we have two places on the bench up for grabs. One for Papali, and I think we need another big boy there. Id be happy with Satae there

Iafeta

Referee
I don’t get the hype re papalii, he’s only had the one OK game vs souths that’s it

Bare in mind, he’s only 19. He’s a workhorse. The chap is also super fit/strong. Something like a Junior NZ Cross Fit or Power Lifting Champion.

Burns

First Grade
Media saying that there is a stomach bug going though St George and that McDonald did not front to training, neither did Tyson Frizell for a back issue.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
That Aitkens good. I don't know how you can be 'quietly good' but Aitken sure has been quietly good for a couple of seasons now. Lateral mover Duftie is looking good too.

Aitken, Duftie, Frizzell and Hunt are their danger men.

Latest posts