What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are the only unbeaten side.

dino1

Juniors
With the demise of the warriers today, that means we are the only unbeaten side. Yet ch 9 news didnt aknowledge this but rather concentrate on the gummies injuries. They also they reported the matches as if to heap praise on the poor gummies losing their whole bench through injuries rather than heap praise on an unbeaten side that has hunger that was not there last year.

SAINTS 4 LIFE

ouryears

Bench
With the demise of the warriers today, that means we are the only unbeaten side. Yet ch 9 news didnt aknowledge this but rather concentrate on the gummies injuries. They also they reported the matches as if to heap praise on the poor gummies losing their whole bench through injuries rather than heap praise on an unbeaten side that has hunger that was not there last year.

SAINTS 4 LIFE
Gallen is channel 9s love child Dino, like fittler used to be

Drag Queen

Bench

SAINTS 4 LIFE

2010Dragons

Bench
Relax guys.....lets fly under the radar.
I don't care if the media doesn't acknowledge our big achievements.
Haters are going to hate.
Only the true believers know what is happening.

In 2010 all media said the Chooks would win the Grand final. They said the Dragons will choke again.
Let the media run these stories again,it will be sweet to watch them do back-flips again

This Year?

Immortal

SAINTS 4 LIFE

I was hoping the Warriors would have won today and I couldn't give a shit what any of the wankers at channel 9 say about us. They can find excuses for the opposition losing to us and we can stay under the radar thank you very much.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Whilst not being complacent Im reasonably confident we can beat the Warriors but our toughest task so far imo will be our Anzac Day clash with The Roosters....we play in NZ on the Friday then travel back to OZ to face them on the Wednesday......the Roosters on the other hand play The Dogs in Sydney on the Thursday which gives them an xtra day turn around and less travelling....The Dogs will be fomidable opponents as will The Warriors but Im thinking we have a much more gruelling task at hand...hope Im wrong but have to wait and see I guess

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The draw has been extremely kind with four out six matches at home. Also, this doesn't take into account the fact SGI still hasn't played a genuine semi final contender yet.

However, the good news is that the acquisition of a genuine halfback (Hunt) and a respected leader (Graham) means than (hopefully) the side won't suffer another calamitous fall from grace such as last year.

The next few weeks will give a far better indication of where SGI really is on the ladder.

Personally I am unconcerned about the Warriors next week, however the Roosters (especially with the short turn around - they'll have great incentive knocking over the Dragons too), and Melbourne (of which Saints' record is awful) worry me a far bit.

If SGI doesn't win one of those two games, I'll wonder if it would have any negative impact on the team's psyche. Time will tell. McGregor will have such an influential role here, and I just don't think he has the nous to handle tough times in the face of adversity.

possm

Coach
We still looked weak in defence on the right edage. Something has to be done about it before we start losing games because of it. I would like to see Aitken hold his place in the line and slide when necessary. I'm aftaid that Nightingale really needs to be replaced by Mann or Lomax.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I swear every game we win, some excuses are made as to why it's not a real barometer because those teams were below par or something.

The fact is in a lot of cases, our dominating pressure is what causes their panic and errors. We smashed Sharks, who just recently held Storm tryless. We smashed Brisbane, who at the start of the season had no previous poor form at that point. We smashed Titans who then went on to have great wins over Manly and Broncos. We smashed Knights who are inexperienced but skilled, albiet not against top teams like us

But to me the most important win was Souths. They came home hard, they defended beautifully and ultimately were held off by us in a game we would have lost in the past

We already are serious. We are different this year. All our wins have come in different circumstances. There is finally a plan B. We have the courage we have lacked

If we win 2 of 3 in our next few weeks, we are Top 4

Drag Queen

Bench
I was hoping the Warriors would have won today and I couldn't give a shit what any of the wankers at channel 9 say about us. They can find excuses for the opposition losing to us and we can stay under the radar thank you very much.
I swear every game we win, some excuses are made as to why it's not a real barometer because those teams were below par or something.

The fact is in a lot of cases, our dominating pressure is what causes their panic and errors. We smashed Sharks, who just recently held Storm tryless. We smashed Brisbane, who at the start of the season had no previous poor form at that point. We smashed Titans who then went on to have great wins over Manly and Broncos. We smashed Knights who are inexperienced but skilled, albiet not against top teams like us

But to me the most important win was Souths. They came home hard, they defended beautifully and ultimately were held off by us in a game we would have lost in the past

We already are serious. We are different this year. All our wins have come in different circumstances. There is finally a plan B. We have the courage we have lacked

If we win 2 of 3 in our next few weeks, we are Top 4
Not excuses, but it will only take one or two injuries that could undo us. I'm remaining optimistic at this stage though. Enjoying watching the Tiges putting on a score on Manly atm. Time to top up the wine Xx

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We still looked weak in defence on the right edage. Something has to be done about it before we start losing games because of it. I would like to see Aitken hold his place in the line and slide when necessary. I'm aftaid that Nightingale really needs to be replaced by Mann or Lomax.

It was only a week ago that Nightingale saved the game for Saints with a number of great defensive reads.

As demonstrated on Friday night, MacDonald still hasn't learnt not to come up AND in.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Not excuses, but it will only take one or two injuries that could undo us. I'm remaining optimistic at this stage though. Enjoying watching the Tiges putting on a score on Manly atm. Time to top up the wine Xx

It could take one or two injuries to undo a lot of teams - we’re no different.

Look at storm, who haven’t really had injuries but lost one player and don’t look the same. The broncos are similar with the loss of hunt. These teams have had pre-seasons to prepare and are still struggling. Roosters have gained two (very good) players but haven’t hit their stride.

Let alone losing a key player mid-season it’s not so easy to adjust.

Drag Queen

Bench
It could take one or two injuries to undo a lot of teams - we’re no different.

Look at storm, who haven’t really had injuries but lost one player and don’t look the same. The broncos are similar with the loss of hunt. These teams have had pre-seasons to prepare and are still struggling. Roosters have gained two (very good) players but haven’t hit their stride.

Let alone losing a key player mid-season it’s not so easy to adjust.
Exactly. McGregor is sure we have the back-ups but I would only count on Mann and LAM atm. Fingers crossed.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Nightingale is the weakest link in our team. Yes he was a great player but has now lost what little speed he had. Opposition wingers are now all taller and faster and that is why we need a capable replacement to take on the Vunivalus, Adocars etc. Watch all the well coached teams exploit our right side defence. Last year Melbourne smashed us there.

Bench
With regards to Flo. Is there any player from the lower grade who could step up to replace him.
Love Flo but if we had a fast winger in his position it would give us another weapon.

gitano

Juniors
With regards to Flo. Is there any player from the lower grade who could step up to replace him.
Love Flo but if we had a fast winger in his position it would give us another weapon.
Start with one of the 37 lomax threads.

Seriously though, I definitely wouldn't consider replacing gypsy.

Saintsified

Bench
Flo till he decides he doesn't want to anymore
giphy.gif

Latest posts