What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @ Scully Park

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 7
Wests Tigers v Newcastle Knights
Scully Park, Tamworth (TICKETS)
Saturday 21 April 2018

Gates TBC / NRL 5:30pm

TL-WST18.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Matt Eisenhuth 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Ben Matulino 11. Josh Aloiai 12. Robert Rochow 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Pita Godinet 15. Alex Twal 16. Michael Chee Kam 17. Sauaso Sue 18. Tim Grant 19. Chris McQueen 20. Tyson Gamble 21. Tuimoala Lolohea

TL-NEW18.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Shaun Kenny-dowall 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Nathan Ross 5. Ken Sio 6. Jack Cogger 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Herman Ese'ese 9. Slade Griffin 10. Jacob Lillyman 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. Chris Heighington 16. Jamie Buhrer 17. Jacob Saifiti 18. Daniel Saifiti 19. Josh King 20. Luke Yates 21. Cory Denniss

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Chris Butler, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Ricky MacFarlane, Jarrod Cole
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Feeder team matches
WESTS TIGERS (NSWRL - Wests Magpies) & KNIGHTS (NSWRL)
SAT
Wests Tigers / Magpies v Knights @ Campbelltown, Flegg 1pm ISP 3pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Noname36

First Grade
Given how well the Tigers just controlled possession to the point where Manly were too fatigued to do anything our discipline is going to have to improve ten fold if we’re any hope of not getting another thumping. They are a really good side.

Anyone else just really keen for another home game? I just looked and we’re away again the week after this one again too. It’s been a really tough start to the season. I have more hope when we’re at home.

Spot On

Coach
Need to get off our line and rip right in when defending. If we do this wait and watch crap again and let ball carriers roll forward at will, we'll be beaten convincingly.

Ca't wait to see the line up Brown goes with.

Zoidberg

First Grade
At the start of the season this was one of our “should win” games, now, Tigers are probably in the top 2 forms teams of the season so far.
Playing in Tamworth is better for us than Campbelltown or Leichhardt, but we definitely need to improve on this week a whole lot.

Old dog

Juniors
Most of us if not all rated Tigers as spooners not leaders. They are going well, good all round squad all playing for each other, we can learn from them. Tough game, based on form us at our best them at there worst we will struggle, possession is the key, unlike last week we can't afford to give up possession.

I reckon last week was the week we'd see what teams were serious possibilities for the top 8. I expected the Tigers to fail but they showed they are in it for the long haul.
We'll need to have our best game of the season to beat them

Old dog

Juniors
We need to have our best game of the season, in fact last few years, to go close, I will settle for a close contest.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Their roll forward and defence is amazing. We need to start well and complete at 80%.

Any time they can get near our line they will be getting repeat sets so we need to take our chances just to be in the game.

Dave_

Juniors
Their forwards are gonna eat ours. Come to think of it, we should've done a head count after the Canberra game

Yosh

Coach
Anyone know which team the ref is gonna play for? Last week was brutal playing against a stacked Storm side with the ref leading their side...

Spot On

Coach
Their roll forward and defence is amazing. We need to start well and complete at 80%.

Any time they can get near our line they will be getting repeat sets so we need to take our chances just to be in the game.

Anyone have the number of repeat sets/drop outs we have forced this year?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Lamb could be dropped this week according to Toohey:

Not surprised really, I wonder who the replacement would be. I'm not sure if Cogger is the answer because we're just replacing a slow half with defensive deficiencies for another slow half with defensive deficiencies, oh and he's smaller too.

Real shame Pythian messed up because this could have been his shot.

I'd almost be willing to accept Buhrer at 5/8 just so we could shore up our defence and he could just let Pearce and Ponga do all the playmaking.

Latest posts