What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I am generally an optimistic guy but that performance was woeful. Cooper Cronk must be questioning the decision to move closer to Tara

Someone said Jake was at crisis point 2 weeks ago, well he is now untenable. At 18-14 down he kicked the ball dead instead of giving it to cronk, he must be dropped.

Anyone know why Napa decided to start trying at the 65 minute mark?

3 latrell
2 cords
1 no idea

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Thoughts....

Friend must be close to the worst hooker in the NRL at the moment as far as his attacking skills are concerned. earlier in the game he kicked on the fourth that trickled about 30 meters and netted us about a 20 meter gain in territory..... Then we get his 5th tackle work of art just as we are getting back into the game. Hey Jake, you have Cooper f**king Cronk standing at first receiver, pass him the ball! he also conceded a few penalties threw about 10 shit passes and is just so ineffectual all around.. the only problem is i think Radley's service might actually be worse so we don't have a lot of options here..

Robinson is so bog average. For someone who supposed to be lightning gee he looks pedestrian when bringing the ball out of our own end.. the dicks he has on the end of his hands don't help either... how long before we move Aubs into the centers and Manu to the wing? Robinson to Naru

Napa should be embarrassed getting outplayed by the Burgi... that game he played against Souths a few years ago where he looked like the best prop in the history of the game has been no where to be seen since.

Teddy was rocks and diamonds.. Cant blame him for the first try after the Robinson drop and the awkward tackle causing him to drop the ball.. even the Inglis take was a tough one.. i'm sure with hindsight he would have attacked it in the air.. Throwing the dummy after the line break was a killer though.

once again our biggest problem seems to be we just cant hold onto the footy. completion last night was apparently 76% but the ones we didn't complete were all in our own end which you just cant do.

3. Cords
2 Latrell
1 Teddy

Valheru

Coach
Thoughts....

Friend must be close to the worst hooker in the NRL at the moment as far as his attacking skills are concerned. earlier in the game he kicked on the fourth that trickled about 30 meters and netted us about a 20 meter gain in territory..... Then we get his 5th tackle work of art just as we are getting back into the game. Hey Jake, you have Cooper f**king Cronk standing at first receiver, pass him the ball! he also conceded a few penalties threw about 10 shit passes and is just so ineffectual all around.. the only problem is i think Radley's service might actually be worse so we don't have a lot of options here..

Robinson is so bog average. For someone who supposed to be lightning gee he looks pedestrian when bringing the ball out of our own end.. the dicks he has on the end of his hands don't help either... how long before we move Aubs into the centers and Manu to the wing? Robinson to Naru

Napa should be embarrassed getting outplayed by the Burgi... that game he played against Souths a few years ago where he looked like the best prop in the history of the game has been no where to be seen since.

Teddy was rocks and diamonds.. Cant blame him for the first try after the Robinson drop and the awkward tackle causing him to drop the ball.. even the Inglis take was a tough one.. i'm sure with hindsight he would have attacked it in the air.. Throwing the dummy after the line break was a killer though.

once again our biggest problem seems to be we just cant hold onto the footy. completion last night was apparently 76% but the ones we didn't complete were all in our own end which you just cant do.

3. Cords
2 Latrell
1 Teddy

Good post.

I think we have to go with Radley, his service may not be great but at least he passes when he is meant to and is a far better runner.

Agree re: Robinson

Agree re: Napa but unfortunately there literally is no one else at the moment. Prop has to be our number 1 priority for recruitment next season.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Our depth is appalling. I want Friend dropped but with Reece Robinson I think he's even more untenable.

For next week I'd go:

1. Teddy
2. Aubusson
3. Latrell
4. Manu
5. Fergo
6. Keary
7. Cronk
8. JWH
9. Friend
10. Liu
11. Cordner
12. Matterson
13. Radley

14. Napa
15. Tetevano
16. Butcher
17. Baptiste

We only have 19 first grade quality players. 18 if you don't include Friend. 17 minus Napa.

Our depth is just dogshit.

As for the 3 2 1s...

3. Latrell
2. Cordner
1. Radley

Valheru

Coach
Our depth is appalling. I want Friend dropped but with Reece Robinson I think he's even more untenable.

For next week I'd go:

1. Teddy
2. Aubusson
3. Latrell
4. Manu
5. Fergo
6. Keary
7. Cronk
8. JWH
9. Friend
10. Liu
11. Cordner
12. Matterson
13. Radley

14. Napa
15. Tetevano
16. Butcher
17. Baptiste

I would have Manu on wing and aubo inside him. I think aubo might be a bit of a disaster on the wing.

I would at least have radley start at hookerand jake on bench before outright dropping him.

What do we think of giving FPN a run? If nothing else, he will at least run hard.

Robinson is playing outside Latrell as it keeps the right side of Manu and Ferguson together. To move Manu to the left wing and Aubbo to right centre? I don't know if that is the answer.

Marker defence was the problem, as even the media pegged it - our markers were splitting too early and too far leaving a mile wide gap for Cook to exploit (which he did very well). As it often happoend in the centre of the field, defensively our hooker and front rowers were responsible for that.

As to Friend, he has developed bad habits, especially on the 5th tackle. He puts on a play down the short side where we are lucky if anyone else knows its coming. He's been doing it for years, but no one seems to have called him on it. Maybe Baptiste might bne worth bringing into the squad as an alternative at hooker.

Also losing SST in the warm up hurt. It meant we had too many backrowers, and not enough front rowers in the squad. He may not be the best, but could Frank Paul have helped alleviate things a bit better?

Final thoughts, Trent Robinson has to use all 17 players in his squad more effectively. He leaves often 1 player till the last 15-20 mins of the game before he puts them on. That is crazy as it means our forwards are more fatigued than theirs. It's the stupid thing Ricky Stuart used to do. When the player (this year) has been Mitch Aubusson, it defies belief in my book.

Last edited:

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
I'm happy to give Jake another few weeks but if he takes another kick when Cronk is standing there waiting for the ball then he immediately needs to be subbed off taken out the back of the SFS and shot... you can't fix stupid unfortunately...

Tough call on the back line shuffle... Do you f**k with both center/wing combos to get rid of one gangrenous sore?.. Teams will keep going at him until Robbo makes a call.