What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are the only unbeaten side.

Frank Facer

First Grade
With regards to Flo. Is there any player from the lower grade who could step up to replace him.
Love Flo but if we had a fast winger in his position it would give us another weapon.
Yeah, Lomax for starters. Field would give us speed to burn instead of Flo. Matherson Johns looked good in the one game that I saw him play on the wing in 20's scoring multiple tries that day. He looks like he would go alright. But Aitken still wouldn't pass them the ball either.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Sharks twice and Bronco's were listed as top 8 so 3 out of 6 games were against top 8 sides. Not our fault they are not playing to expectations and sit lower in the table than predicted by these experts. Saints for most punters were not even tipped to make the 8.

Given their problems of injury and poor form, there's no way that you can say that Brisbane and/or Cronulla are genuine semi finalists this year.

That's the difference:

mickeylane

Bench
I swear every game we win, some excuses are made as to why it's not a real barometer because those teams were below par or something.

The fact is in a lot of cases, our dominating pressure is what causes their panic and errors. We smashed Sharks, who just recently held Storm tryless. We smashed Brisbane, who at the start of the season had no previous poor form at that point. We smashed Titans who then went on to have great wins over Manly and Broncos. We smashed Knights who are inexperienced but skilled, albiet not against top teams like us

But to me the most important win was Souths. They came home hard, they defended beautifully and ultimately were held off by us in a game we would have lost in the past

We already are serious. We are different this year. All our wins have come in different circumstances. There is finally a plan B. We have the courage we have lacked

If we win 2 of 3 in our next few weeks, we are Top 4
Couldn't have written it better myself! Well said!

mickeylane

Bench
Given their problems of injury and poor form, there's no way that you can say that Brisbane and/or Cronulla are genuine semi finalists this year.

That's the difference:
Let me tell you the barometers here - it's not the Roosters, its not the Cowboys and its def not the Storm who are playing without a recognised halfback this year and CANNOT win the comp without one.. The barometers this year thus far are:
PENRITH
Tigers
Warriors

Beat them and we are a top 4 certainty if not already..

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Yeah, Lomax for starters. Field would give us speed to burn instead of Flo. Matherson Johns looked good in the one game that I saw him play on the wing in 20's scoring multiple tries that day. He looks like he would go alright. But Aitken still wouldn't pass them the ball either.

Johns is not on a full time contract so can not play nrl this year.

Crush

Coach
I swear every game we win, some excuses are made as to why it's not a real barometer because those teams were below par or something.

The fact is in a lot of cases, our dominating pressure is what causes their panic and errors. We smashed Sharks, who just recently held Storm tryless. We smashed Brisbane, who at the start of the season had no previous poor form at that point. We smashed Titans who then went on to have great wins over Manly and Broncos. We smashed Knights who are inexperienced but skilled, albiet not against top teams like us

But to me the most important win was Souths. They came home hard, they defended beautifully and ultimately were held off by us in a game we would have lost in the past

We already are serious. We are different this year. All our wins have come in different circumstances. There is finally a plan B. We have the courage we have lacked

If we win 2 of 3 in our next few weeks, we are Top 4
It's funny isn't it. People will always find the negative.
Dufty scores a beautiful individual try and its labeled selfish.
Aitken bumps of Inglis to score and people say he can't pass.
We win 6 from 6 and people say we haven't played any real opposition.
All it will take are a few injuries to de-rail our season? No shit! The same can be said for all teams.
I understand people being cautious and not getting ahead of themselves but if you don't celebrate the good times along the way winning the comp doesn't mean anything.
My take- 6 from 6, an amazing start. We are playing like a team capable of going all the way.
And I don't subscribe to the idea that until you play the best opposition you can't gage how the team is really going.
We could beat warriors, roosters and storm then lose to raiders, titans and knights. Its all about momentum.

silverex

Bench
While it's nice to be 6 and 0, I just can't get excited yet.

Remember last year when we were on our early season run? After about Round 3 before each round we'd say, 'this is the one which will test us out'. We'd win that then say the same thing the next round,and so on.

Yes, we passed all those tests, then from halftime Anzac Day it all went pear shaped.

Now people (Gus) are saying, 'but Saints are a different team this year and they won't fade.'

I'm going to wait until about Round 20 and I'll see where we are then.

Maybe I'll entertain a bit of excitement then, or maybe it'll be, 'oh well, it's the Dragons, what did you expect?'.