What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 6: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the negative side Reynolds needs to improve significantly.
After 6 rounds all players have match fitness, even the guys who played in the world cup will come good. Reynolds a day before game 1 would have been as fit as every other player ready to play in that round. He can't run and maintain fitness with a hammy, his legs would have been like lead at the end of that game, let alone match fitness.

He will come good.

In reality though, I would have thought 2 games in reserves would have been better for him.

as for the game, well thanks IC and thanks all of the players for getting on the bus.

We have a serious football on our hands here.

Another stellar team performance. I think if Liddle was left on we might have racked up 50 but I can understand giving Reynolds a run to get his fitness up. Not sure how he'll be used in the future but our execution and attacking flair dropped off markedly when he came on. Still, it's a nice problem to have and I'll put it down to ring rust.

I remember walking away from the SCG in 2013 thinking how good the next 15 years were going to be after Brooks carved up as a barely 18 year old and was clearly the best player on the park. He is now starting to deliver on that promise. It must have been very hard to cop a pay decrease, even though it was deserved. To take it like a man, admit your shortcomings, and then work your arse off to get to where he is now is fantastic.

A big congrats to Kev this year. He could always attack but the improvement in his defence is something that I thought was well beyond him. Grace, I will now refer to you as such and have a laugh at the similarity of haircuts between you and your namesake, rather than as a derogatory comparison. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong about you and your ability to play first grade.

To Ivan Cleary. Once again, thanks. It's amazing what an elite coach can do and goes to show for the future of the club this is the number one priority. You don't skimp on tyres and sure as hell don't skimp on a coach

Vozzy

Juniors
Plus now resigned Marsters aswell. Just by playing the way we are is attracting players to stay and good players will wanna be apart of it.

Das Hassler

Bench
And shortly Brooks will be the game's most dangeroua half....think about that
BTW.....had anyone else noticed that Kevy has picked up a yard or three?

Last edited:

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Always a great feeling beating Manly.

In a perfect world that should have been 50-0, but we've still got plenty to work on. Brooksy proving all the doubters wrong. What a gun!

Lawrence's hands still a disaster, but almost all players were great.

What a time to be a Tigers fan! :cool:

2141 fella

Juniors
What a win..... what a season so far...... and plenty more to come !!!!
In one way, I need the excitement of yesterday’s win to die down a little. I desperately need some blood back in the upper half of my body again.

In the past if the WT got out to a 26-0 we would eventually let the opposition back into the game for it to go down to the wire,this doesn’t seem to be the case anymore with this team.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I thought a couple of positives were:

• Brooks short kicking game - Massive difference between building pressure and handing over a 7 set to the other team
  • Brooks Running game - runs more than any other halfback atm and is effective in putting defense on their heels every time he gets the ball.
  • Liddle is huge and makes a massive difference to our attack. He takes a dodgy option every now and then but overall is crisp and looks to have bulked up a little.
  • Matulino stepped up without Packer in the team. He was a bit of a gamble but looks to be money well spent.
This is still a work in progress but what is obvious is the team is well prepared each week for whoever they are playing. No excuses are offered or accepted, they play for each other and have all bought into whatever the coach is selling.

Watching this team is awesome, as a fan I couldn't be happier with who is representing us and how they carry themselves, what a credit to themselves and the club the playing group and coaching staff are. I hope membership starts to go thru the roof and this is looked back as the turning point where hard work and talent took on and beat the money grubbing TPA cheating clubs. I cant imagine on a level playing field what this team would be achieving.

Tiger05

First Grade
And shortly Brooks will be the game's most dangeroua half....think about that
BTW.....had anyone else noticed that Kevy has picked up a yard or three?

Did you see when Brooks put him in some pace. He took off. I didn't think he had that in him.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I thought a couple of positives were:

• Brooks short kicking game - Massive difference between building pressure and handing over a 7 set to the other team
  • Brooks Running game - runs more than any other halfback atm and is effective in putting defense on their heels every time he gets the ball.
  • Liddle is huge and makes a massive difference to our attack. He takes a dodgy option every now and then but overall is crisp and looks to have bulked up a little.
  • Matulino stepped up without Packer in the team. He was a bit of a gamble but looks to be money well spent.
This is still a work in progress but what is obvious is the team is well prepared each week for whoever they are playing. No excuses are offered or accepted, they play for each other and have all bought into whatever the coach is selling.

Watching this team is awesome, as a fan I couldn't be happier with who is representing us and how they carry themselves, what a credit to themselves and the club the playing group and coaching staff are. I hope membership starts to go thru the roof and this is looked back as the turning point where hard work and talent took on and beat the money grubbing TPA cheating clubs. I cant imagine on a level playing field what this team would be achieving.

I concur on all points.

Re: short kicking; I can't recall us kicking a ball dead all season (may be wrong). Yet we've forced so many drop outs. It makes such a difference, and has been one of our shortcomings for many years.

Latest posts