What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin is a better 5/8 than Anthony Milford & Mitchell Moses

DeeJ

Bench
FFS, what are they watching?

I keep hearing Milford needs an organising half to allow him to play 'his' game.

That's cool - take back half his salary till that happens cause he aint worth a million a season if that's the case.

Or Bennett needs to admit he farked up moving him from fullback.

To be fair to Bennett, Boyd was always going to follow him and Milford was a done deal before he came.

I'd love to see Milford at the back but surely he's too fat for it now. He would need a preseason.

Bronco18

Juniors
To be fair to Bennett, Boyd was always going to follow him and Milford was a done deal before he came.

I'd love to see Milford at the back but surely he's too fat for it now. He would need a preseason.

Not a big fan (ha ha...) on how we’re the fat team now. You wonder what players like Gillette and Macca think when our ~1 million dollar players are porky.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Imagine being gifted the best young talent in a decade and f**king it up :laughing:
Pudgy is way too fat for for FB now. Will only get worse if pappa joins his mate at the red hill bistro.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fair call, all have been surpassed by superior younger players.

None will be regarded as great players.

All three, players who had great potential, but never lived up to the hype, became average NRL players.

Life's Good

Coach
P*sstake in this thread aside I never thought of Austin as having a high ceiling so I don’t see his lack of star billing as out of the ordinary. On the other hand Moses & Milford were lauded as prodigious talents that were ones to watch.
Milford definitely has the better career highlight reel but nowhere the level that was expected from when he was all the rage.
If Brisbane can get him a genuine organising 7 then there’s no reason why he doesn’t kick on & live up to the original hype, he’s got the talent.
As for Moses, it’s not the physical skills holding him back but the mental ones(or lack thereof). For me, the jury is still out & may not return.

Dave_

Juniors
All should be great players but...

Milford is fat.
Moses is a gronk.
Austin plays under Ricky.

Fair call, all have been surpassed by superior younger players.

None will be regarded as great players.

All three, players who had great potential, but never lived up to the hype, became average NRL players.

One younger player who hasn't surpassed any of the 3 as a 5/8 is Jack Bird by the way.

nick87

Coach
Haha really, you wanna bump this shit after tonight?

Milford, Moses and Austin are all f**king trash right now. That first half from Milford was AWFUL. Austin will be out of FG sooner rather than later and Moses is leading his team splendidly

We're all taking L's on this one

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Milford was good once he worked out he just had to run in Austins direction and put him under any pressure and Austin would sprint out the line. Milford doesn't move like he did as a kid because he is a chubby funster but he is still got good enough footwork to make Austin look silly.,

AJB1102

First Grade
If you want the best from a chubby Bronco fullback/half send him to Cronulla and have old saltana head pick up half the bill.

*bump*

Sorry Bobby, I like you as a poster, and think you're onto it - but this time, fail on Milford.

Wait...why's that? Did Milford do something against the Titans on the weekend? (didn't see the game). The way I see it, Milford hasn't lived up to the massive hype around him.

And I'm calling it....all 3 turned out to be trash.

Watch Austin carve up the ESL now and get selected in the England team due to a pom grandparent.