What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

betcats

Referee
Just watching a replay lol, when Maloney made that break for the Edwards try it was nice to see evey panthers player on screen accelerate to try to be there in support, even the big boys like Kiks and Tamou were hustling down field as fast as possible to be in support even though Maloney and Edwards was leaving them for dead.

TheFrog

Coach
Someone new in the 6 please.
The coach was impressed with Peachey. While he made a few blues in the first half he made up for it in the second when he started running. He was as dangerous as they come once he ran. Seems to me he's worked out what to do in the position.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Just watching a replay lol, when Maloney made that break for the Edwards try it was nice to see evey panthers player on screen accelerate to try to be there in support, even the big boys like Kiks and Tamou were hustling down field as fast as possible to be in support even though Maloney and Edwards was leaving them for dead.

I said the same thing at the time! So good! They look so fit!! Much different to last year.

age.s

First Grade
Luai wasn't great in that NSW cup game but the team was dropping balls, giving away penalties and getting smashed in the middle all game. Very few halves would have done much there. I imagine he'd be a different player with our NRL pack creating holes you could drive a truck through.

I'm not convinced that Peachey is a better option, but the point about Maloneys preference and Hooks record with bringing in young players at the right time is well made. I wouldn't be too unhappy to see the same team being named tomorrow.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
The only change we should make to the halves should be in three weeks when Cleary comes back. We're playing more than good enough to win out till he comes back.

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai wasn't great in that NSW cup game but the team was dropping balls, giving away penalties and getting smashed in the middle all game. Very few halves would have done much there. I imagine he'd be a different player with our NRL pack creating holes you could drive a truck through.

That is how I saw it. Egan looked good though. Point is we scored 35 points it would take a huge performance from NSW Cup to force changes... So far Luai hasn't done that

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That is how I saw it. Egan looked good though. Point is we scored 35 points it would take a huge performance from NSW Cup to force changes... So far Luai hasn't done that

I agree. If DWZ is not good to go who knows. I can't see Peach being moved so Cartwright (whose only just back from injury) Although Eisenhuth is not in the top 30, because of Mckendry and Browne injuries we may be able to bring him in.

OldPanther

Coach
I agree. If DWZ is not good to go who knows. I can't see Peach being moved so Cartwright (whose only just back from injury) Although Eisenhuth is not in the top 30, because of Mckendry and Browne injuries we may be able to bring him in.

According to Franklin DWZ said himself he is right to go. Will make things nice and simple.

As for the discussion around Peachey I think he'll be fine as long as he plays to his strengths. Good running 5/8 with a basic passing game.

I'm just worried about what others have said about Maloney not wanting to direct play too much. Can't find the article to see exactly what was said.

franklin2323

Immortal

Phillips
Mansour
Blake
??
DWZ
May
Cleary

That is almost a whole backline out. We would have no problems bringing in any back we want. We shouldn't need to worry though

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Phillips
Mansour
Blake
??
DWZ
May
Cleary

That is almost a whole backline out. We would have no problems bringing in any back we want. We shouldn't need to worry though

And here we were all thinking pre-season our depth was horrible and non existent.

Like in previous seasons, one goes down, one comes up and gets shit done...

Latest posts