What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Warriors

Frank Facer

First Grade
We’re going to win this one, watched the Warriors game, they were pretty average and if they couldn’t get up at home against Brisbane they’re in trouble.
Barring injuries the we’ll win the next two as well imo, just can’t see the next three matching us.
Roosters won’t match our forwards or halves but have some strike in the backs that needs to be contained. Win, Loss, Win they’re going average.
I don’t know how people are saying Storm are finding form? They were pretty lucky against a poor Knights and lost the 2 games prior.
I agree.

Frank Facer

First Grade
They have a big mobile pack quite similar to our own , but without the never say die attitude that is quickly becoming a trademark of the Dragons team . That plus this will be the first occasion that the Warriors halves will have come up against another set of halves that have some class about them in Widdop and Hunt .

However I am still expecting a close game , the Mount Smart crowd will drive the Warriors on and needing to recoup their lost pride after last weekends loss and who better than the competition leaders to restore them to the winners circle. But at the end of the day we should prove too strong and take home another 2 valuable points . Dragons by 8.
We need to put on 2 early tries and take the crowd out of it.

ouryears

Bench
Just mentioned on Fox that a stomach bug is going through the club.

casualty-ward_201803.jpg

NRL NEWS

Casualty ward Round
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 16 Apr 2018, 01:53
All the latest injury news leading into round seven of the 2018 Telstra Premiership.

St George Illawarra Dragons

The Dragons have a stomach bug doing the rounds of the club at the moment, with Tyson Frizell, Nene MacDonald and Jason Nightingale among those laid up by the illness, as well as a couple of staffers.

None are in any doubt for Friday's clash with fellow high flyers the Warriors.

Sydney Roosters

Sio Siua Taukeiaho has been cleared of surgery after follow-up scans on the pre-game knee injury that ruled him out of last Thursday's loss to the Rabbitohs. He will miss two weeks at most with damaged cartilage.

Daniel Tupou (pectoral, round 13-15)
Sio Siua Taukeiaho (knee, round 8-9)

Warriors

James Gavet (hamstring, round 8)
Blake Ayshford (back, indefinite)

Gerard Beale (leg, round 9)
Nathaniel Roache (neck, season)
Leivaha Pulu (foot, TBC)
Solomona Kata (ankle, round 9-10)

Wests Tigers

Russell Packer (knee, round 10)
Elijah Taylor (hamstring, round 7)

RELATED

Brutalitops

Juniors
We’re going to win this one, watched the Warriors game, they were pretty average and if they couldn’t get up at home against Brisbane they’re in trouble.
Barring injuries the we’ll win the next two as well imo, just can’t see the next three matching us.
Roosters won’t match our forwards or halves but have some strike in the backs that needs to be contained. Win, Loss, Win they’re going average.
I don’t know how people are saying Storm are finding form? They were pretty lucky against a poor Knights and lost the 2 games prior.
Keary and Cronk have the potential to match our halves. All it takes is a switched on game by them and an average from ours and it's not that big of a gulf. If Widdop and Hunt are on though, we win imo.
Following a Roosters formline this year is hard though. Their form one week seems to have no effect on the next, same with Storm for that matter. We are the realest chance of knocking over both than we have been in years though

Keary and Cronk have the potential to match our halves. All it takes is a switched on game by them and an average from ours and it's not that big of a gulf. If Widdop and Hunt are on though, we win imo.
Following a Roosters formline this year is hard though. Their form one week seems to have no effect on the next, same with Storm for that matter. We are the realest chance of knocking over both than we have been in years though
If we take them on up the middle relentlessly, they will fold.
Especially Hargreaves and Napa - more huff and puff rather than substance - cats in my view.
Brutalize and cane them in defence and there will be big gaps through the middle of the ruck.
That's the way to beat them.

mickeylane

Bench
This is the only game that worries me - we will get up for Roosters and Storm but this one is a worry - need Sims to really aim up early and a knock a few over starting w Adam Blair then ToHu Harris - JDB, Vaughan should follow suit w dome big hits and this could for the trick as Warriors don't really like the physical game .

mickeylane

Bench
If we take them on up the middle relentlessly, they will fold.
Especially Hargreaves and Napa - more huff and puff rather than substance - cats in my view.
Brutalize and cane them in defence and there will be big gaps through the middle of the ruck.
That's the way to beat them.
Roosters softest forward pack in the NRL

From the early round form, the 3 best packs in the comp are Souths, Penrith and Us.
Not necessarily in that order.
Cronulla with Fifita on the rampage were a flash in the pan IMO. He doesn't paly like that very often.
Souths matched us and maybe even shaded us and Penrith look ominous.
They will test us big time.
After that you can't ignore the Tigers pack - they are the surprise packet. Packer doesn't stand out in their pack. A lot of good young forwards playing like seasoned pros. Hats off to Cleary!
Melbourne and Brisbane have steadied the ship.
Anyone writing off those 2 are making a big mistake.
Followed by Canberra, Cowboys, Parra, Newcastle, Easts, Manly and the rest.

ouryears

Bench
This is the only game that worries me - we will get up for Roosters and Storm but this one is a worry - need Sims to really aim up early and a knock a few over starting w Adam Blair then ToHu Harris - JDB, Vaughan should follow suit w dome big hits and this could for the trick as Warriors don't really like the physical game .

Mickey, surely if Wayne’s boys beat them, we can!

Broncos are powder puffs compared to us

But yes, I understand strange things happen in football, but not this week!

getsmarty

Immortal
preview-pic_r7_warriors-v-dragons.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Warriors v Dragons: Battle of the 2018 success stories
Author
Tim Keeble
Timestamp
Tue 17 Apr 2018, 08:52 AM

For five weeks the Warriors enchanted us with their free-wheeling nothing-to-lose approach. The Broncos brought them back to earth with last week's win in enemy territory and everybody's waiting to see if the honeymoon is over or if they are legitimate top eight contenders.

It's not as though the Warriors were bad against an injury-weakened Brisbane, but there was a faint whiff of complacency about their performance and they can't afford to take anyone lightly. Coach Stephen Kearney should have no trouble getting his side up for the unbeaten competition leaders.

There were a few rumblings after the Dragons scraped home against Souths in round five that a loss was just around the corner. Well it wasn't around the first corner, as the Dragons romped to a big win over crosstown rivals Cronulla, leaving them battered and bruised in the process.

Given their good record in Auckland over the years, it might not be around the next corner either.

Match: Warriors vs Dragons

6:00pm

Home Team

Warriors

3rd Position

Away Team

Dragons

1st Position

Venue: Mt Smart Stadium

Match broadcasters:

• Fox League
  • LIVE PASS
Buy Tickets
Head-to-head: Played 26; Dragons 21 wins; Warriors 5 wins

Matches at venue: Played 10; Dragons 6 wins; Warriors 4 wins

2017 results: Dragons won 26-12 at Jubilee Oval in round 4 and 30-14 at FMG Stadium Waikato

Points per game: Warriors 23.7; Dragons 32.3

Points conceded per game: Warriors 15.3; Dragons 13.3

Televised: Live on Fox League

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/17...-st-george-illawarra-dragons-preview-round-7/

blacksafake

First Grade
Don't worry we're specials this week.
Why, because i swore at the start of the year that i would not pick the warriors in my tipping comp this year.First 5 weeks stuck to my guns.Last week i relented especially because they were playing a badly out of form broncos who were missing players & of course the rest is history.
I'll make sure we win by tipping them again this week.Everybody happy:)

Latest posts