What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next Month - Expectations?

Burns

First Grade
As things currently stand, the Warriors may end the round falling from 2nd to 4th, as the Tigers and Panthers have won their games rather comprehensively. Of the current top four teams including the undefeated St George, you would wager that there is great momentum with the all four teams.

However, as the only team to be defeated on the weekend, and as the others have demolished their opponents - where do the Warriors sit? More so, what are expectations for the following month of football.

The next four matches:

v St George (H) - Friday 20 April
v Melbourne (A) - Wednesday 25 April [Anzac Day match]
v Wests Tigers (H) Saturday 5 May
v Roosters (H) Saturday 12 May
Each match is an immense challenge, as Melbourne bounced back against Newcastle this week and looked deadly. The Roosters would seem like the weak link, but it would be hard to put a line though them ever.

I imagine the common comment will be to see how the Warriors bounce back against St George on Friday. Yet looking across the next month, a Finals position can likely be sealed and a statement made for the Premiership.

What's a pass mark? Two out of four, wins against all at home, gallant defeats?

Curious to hear thoughts.

I guess most have been waiting for the performance they rolled out against the Broncos since round 1.

As you say how they perform against Dragons will determine a lot.
It doesn't have to be a win, but at least more of what we played like against Roosters.

A pass mark is 3/4 from what we have seen so far this year.

Dragons the team I though we would lose to first.

The short turn around against the Storm is worrying.

Tigers are looking a very consistent team

Roosters hot and cold.

Could easily be 0/4 If we show up like yesterday.

I also think RTS elbow is slowing him up.
SJ got some random treatment last night near the end of the set, but still tool the next goal kick that missed.
So not sure if his groin is still not right.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I sound like a cliched sportsman here but I honestly couldn't care past next week. I just want to see us turn up on Friday a lot more focused and clinical than we were on Saturday. If we get into an arm wrestle with the Drags and lose, no shame - they're a red hot side. They'll probably lay all over us as well, we need to be ready for it.

We weren't really in the contest on Saturday and that wasn't good enough.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
The next four matches:

v St George (H) - Friday 20 April - lose
v Melbourne (A) - Wednesday 25 April [Anzac Day match] - lose
v Wests Tigers (H) Saturday 5 May - win
v Roosters (H) Saturday 12 May - lose

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
2/5 of those I reckon for a pass, it’s a tough little run. But that’ll still put up comfortably in the 8 heading into origin. Which really underlines the importance of a good start, and how much they’ve hamstrung themselves in previous seasons.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
We beat the Roosters lose to Dragons and Storm and Tigpies will be close

Blair

Coach
Of course you'd rather have a winning-streak than a losing one but it also creates pressure on a side.

We've broken it now, it may be a bit of a relief. I've been sour on the side all weekend but it's starting to feel like a realistically successful season now.

That is we comfortably make the eight and take it from there.

Diesel

Coach
I think the Dragons & Tigers games will be close, could go either way. We’ll beat the Storm & Roosters.

JJ

Immortal
Its seems even harder than usual to get a line on where teams are at this year - atm I am more convinced by the Tigers than us... but that's likely because of years of scarring from the Warriors. The start by us, the Dragons and the Tigers has been very intense - hard to keep it up, especially when there's no history of keeping it up

On the flip side, I just expect Brisbane and the Cowboys to pick up - because they are Brisbane and the Cowboys - but the latter have just looked awful, and but we made both look good... we embarrassed the Roosters, so did Souths, yet most expect the Chooks to pick up, but like us I think there are big questions over the middle...

Anyway, confused, but hopeful LOL

Rich102

Staff member
Dear confused but hopeful,
We all feel your pain.
True love can be confusing, just ask Romeo.
Stay calm and remain hopeful.
Abbey.

Reactions: JJ

mikeob

Juniors
v St George (H) - Friday 20 April..Lose. Jack de Belin, James Graham, Leeson Ah Mau, Paul Vaughan, Tyson Frizell and Tariq Sims who is playing the best football of his career. Ben Hent and Gareth Widdop running the show and feeding Dufty, Aitken, Nightingale and Macdonald. To top that off they are coached by a guy named Mary. Hell it could be 40 zip.
v Melbourne (A) - Wednesday 25 April [Anzac Day match]..Lose. Melbourne at home. Say no more.
v Wests Tigers (H) Saturday 5 May..Lose. The winniest, flashest, fastest team around at the moment. Benji thinks it's 1999 and our guys won't see which way they went.
v Roosters (H) Saturday 12 May..Lose. We are on a roll by now so there is no reason I can find that it won't continue.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
v St George (H) - Friday 20 April..Lose. Jack de Belin, James Graham, Leeson Ah Mau, Paul Vaughan, Tyson Frizell and Tariq Sims who is playing the best football of his career. Ben Hent and Gareth Widdop running the show and feeding Dufty, Aitken, Nightingale and Macdonald. To top that off they are coached by a guy named Mary. Hell it could be 40 zip.
v Melbourne (A) - Wednesday 25 April [Anzac Day match]..Lose. Melbourne at home. Say no more.
v Wests Tigers (H) Saturday 5 May..Lose. The winniest, flashest, fastest team around at the moment. Benji thinks it's 1999 and our guys won't see which way they went.
v Roosters (H) Saturday 12 May..Lose. We are on a roll by now so there is no reason I can find that it won't continue.
Good write up mate :joy:

Unfortunately it depends completely on what Warriors team turns up.
The one against the Roosters and Rabbitohs will beat most teams in the comp, and we'd go 3 or 4/4.

The team that turned up against the Broncos would lose all 4 however.

I'm picking 3/4. Most likely lose this weekend and then surprise Melbourne at home to get a roll on

Leber

Bench
Cant see us beating St George or Melbourne. The Tigers and Roosters are possibilities though.

But we could easily go 0/4

Burns

First Grade
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=12041297

The next month could define the Warriors' season. Even after all they have achieved this year — with their best start and a couple of spellbinding victories — it's only the beginning.

Six wins at this stage of the season is the stuff of dreams for most fans, but the NRL season is unforgiving and if they don't get things right throughout May, it could unravel.

That's because the Warriors have a brutal schedule in June and July. The Origin period has typically been a time of harvest for the Warriors, but it might be different this year. They have only two home matches during that period, against the Sharks (round 16) and Storm (round 19).

sup42

Juniors
Now that we have lost Luke I would give us a fifty percent chance in our up comming games from here at best.

Harris by the sounds of things will be back, he and Luke missing are two steps too far for the new Warriors.

Our timing out of dummy half was shot once Luke left the field.

Mannering adds to the clunkyness of the attack out there, sorting that out is in the hands of the coaches.

So glad that Kearney has Smith to bounce ideas off, we need that experience just now.

I think our Giant backs will overwhelm and bully Ivans small backline at the Tigers, so I can see us measuring up well there.