What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Perth Tiger

Bench
See how he is going towards the end of the season before making any decisions.

It is only 5 weeks in, still a long way to go and Benji has started to show signs of a return to his erratic past.

super_coach

First Grade
See how he is going towards the end of the season before making any decisions.

It is only 5 weeks in, still a long way to go and Benji has started to show signs of a return to his erratic past.

I dare say the plan with Benji was to play him either off the bench or use him selectively rather than start with him every week. The injury to Reynolds has forced them to play him for 80 minutes every game and that work load is kicking in. He will be a lot more effective when his work load is halved. As for resigning him for next year, I think I would rather see him go out on a good note and open the door for a kid like Gamble

Das Hassler

Bench
I'll be interested to hear Gould's take on Brooks tonight....if he's 50% resigned to losing Nathan i'm expecting he'll make sure to send the message out to Brooks that he'd have a home further west if he ever feels undevalued where he is

Das Hassler

Bench
The hacks will start up on it shortly so expect a headline such as..."Would Ivan Cleary prefer his son to emerging SOO half Luke Brooks? " I'm quite sure that Ivan would have his response and deflection already prepared. They have pretty much squeezed all they can from the " benji has been a revelation" angle ....did you see the oh god...not again response from ivan when asked for the upteenth time what benji meant to him during the manly press conf. The hacks will try and drive a wedge in there shortly to get a feed but i think the club has shown they can handle them now.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Not sure if been mentioned but there’s a rumour going around Marsters has resigned for 2 years. SHould be announced sometime this week

Wish all the rumour sites would get together and agree which player it is.

Apparently we have been talking to Val Holmes as well.

And Rona? Old news...

Clifferd

Coach
Wish all the rumour sites would get together and agree which player it is.

Apparently we have been talking to Val Holmes as well.

And Rona? Old news...

Yep lol

Apparently we’re signing 5+ players

Now I’ve heard Jai Field, Nick Meaney, Val Holmes, Oliver Clarke, Rona and this English fella

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope IC isn't after Holmes with the intention of putting him at fullback; he's a brilliant winger but a lousy fullback.
I guess we need to balance the cap, but still got some untested players in 2nd grade to look at, and everyone is going OK in 1st grade, so not sure what positions we really need to cover atm?
With Packer, Reynolds, Twal and Taylor to come back, I think we are still on target.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd love to see us grab another couple of quality players but I have no confidence in rumours.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep lol

Apparently we’re signing 5+ players

Now I’ve heard Jai Field, Nick Meaney, Val Holmes, Oliver Clarke, Rona and this English fella

Would love Rona but if we’re after a fullback I’d take a punt on Meaney, he looks quality and is lightning. Holmes isn’t worth big dollars as a fullback.

Clifferd

Coach
Would love Rona but if we’re after a fullback I’d take a punt on Meaney, he looks quality and is lightning. Holmes isn’t worth big dollars as a fullback.

Meaney or Field are lightning quick I’d take a punt on one of them. Meaney was meant to be Newcastle’s fullback for the next 10+ years until Ponga come across now he’ll probably never get a look in

super_coach

First Grade
I was told a few weeks ago that Meaney had agreed to the terms, shaken hands, but had not signed the contract. This talk of Holmes could get him looking elsewhere. I would love Holmes, but like 99.9 playerrs we are linked to I say its BS
Anyway young Meaney is a gun, very similar to Teddy in style.

One thing for certain is we need two class backs to be any hope, a no1 and a quality centre and we need them now

Latest posts